/com.apple.Boot.plist not found :(

Balamut

34 posts in this topic

Hi

First: I want to say thank you to the community of this board for all the effort they put in.

Second: I'm experiencing the weirdest issue I've ever faced <_<

I have Fujitsu Laptop (n6210)

Pentium M 750

1GB Mem.

ATI x600

if I use dd tool to mount img file, Mac OS boots perfectly(No Rosetta or High Resolution Though)

But every time I try to put Dev. DVD in it and try to boot it gives me ./com.apple.Boot.plist cannot be found :rolleyes: (I have couple of Dev. DVD's patched differently all of them give me the same problem).

Also I was wondering is there a way to make darwin understand Vesa 3.0 because I believe my x600 is vesa 3.0

Any input will be appreciated

Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

same problem here.

tried it on eleven different computers, all. giving up like this.

Hi

First: I want to say thank you to the community of this board for all the effort they put in.

Second: I'm experiencing the weirdest issue I've ever faced ;)

I have Fujitsu Laptop (n6210)

Pentium M 750

1GB Mem.

ATI x600

if I use dd tool to mount img file, Mac OS boots perfectly(No Rosetta or High Resolution Though)

But every time I try to put Dev. DVD in it and try to boot it gives me ./com.apple.Boot.plist cannot be found :(  (I have couple of Dev. DVD's patched differently all of them give me the same problem).

Also I was wondering is there a way to make darwin understand Vesa 3.0 because I believe my x600 is vesa 3.0

Any input will be appreciated

Thanks a lot.

I got that once. Turned out that the image got corrupted (god knows how) when i unrarred it.

Try unrarring it again (You do have the original rar's right?;)) and then DDing it again.

Make sure the total inputs and outputs matches up to the ones in the guide.

//edit

Sorry, Misread the post.

I had that once too (How unfortunate I am!). Turned out the DVD just got burned badly. Either that or when I hex edited it, I didnt save it properly.

You could varify the ISO to the burnt DVD to make sure they're the same. I've no idea how to do this though.

• 3 weeks later...

I burned the disc again with no luck. I have tried just about every boot option I can think of. If I press enter to go through the install without waiting on the timer I get to agree to the WTF Eula but have nowhere to go when it wants me to select a volume as nothing is listed. I did partition the drive prior to attempting to run setup with id=af as well. Looking for another method for native install.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wierd!:

I get that error message when booting natively on my notebook, but not using VMWare. I don´t get the message eithe in my desktop.

The only difference I see i that laptop uses SATA and Desktop PATA.

VMWare emulates PATA

I use the patched 10.4.1 Install DVD

When i first install mac os x x86 with dvd disk.i also come across this problem.than i download another dvd disk.but this time i didn't burned it on dvd disk,i used VM,and all are right.after installation,i put the first dvd(the can't install one),and it can installed this time. so you can try it in VM,good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Mac_OS_X_10.4.6_x86_Install_DVD_(JaS).iso

doesn't work for me

(Acer Aspire 9500, HDD is slave, DVD is master, 1Gb RAM)

./com.apple.Boot.plist cannot be found

always happened (tried different DVD disks, "-v" option after F8 didn't helped too)

maybe issue with DVD as master and HDD as slave?

(seems like typical to some Acer laptops)

finally managed to install JAS through VmWare

Report.htm

Same problem here! on a Toshiba Satellite A60. Im pretty shure the disk works 'cos i've used to install 10.4.6 on my desktop. Is the 10.4.6 Myz.iso.

"/com.apple.Boot.plist cannot be found" every time I try to install from the DVD.

Any solution for this?

EDIT: I think is an speed issue. The dvd unit might be too slow?

It's a Mat{censored}a DVD-RAM UJ-820S.... Maybe I should upgrade the firmware

EDIT 2: Well, If I use VMware the DVD boots without problems. Strange, no?

Anyway I manage to installed natively from VMware to one of my partitions (an AF partition made with DISKPART) from within XP....

same problem (apple.boot.plist...)

my iso that I burn through ultraiso is 4.37 gb, but after the dvd is burned it says the cd is only like 182 kb with no free space and a hybrid iso format.

core 2 duo e6400

320 wd caviar sata

1 gb corsair xms 800

Could this have anything to do with jumpers on the hdd or dvd burner?

Also, Disk Director 10 OS Selector (Retail) does not boot even windows xp. It goes to a black screen for over 15 min so far. Even if I skip it (F6) it won't boot. The only way to get into win xp again, is to deactivate os selector. Any suggestions?

• 6 months later...

Hye everyone!

I am having the same problems, the dvd boots up correctly in my desktop which is also acer but not in my laptop. I have Acer Aspire 5504WXMi (SSE2) and I get that same error:

./com.apple.Boot.plist cannot be found

no matter whatever boot option i insert from the F8 boot screen.

The Boot menu is kind of secured by one of the software came already installed on the laptop from Insyde.

Please let me know if anyone could make it run on my laptop please, I am desparately in need of osx86 on it!

I am trying to install the 10.4.8 Jas dvd, I have both the ppf patched dvd as well as the multipatch dvd with the ich7, defiant , ppf integrated!

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

"/com.apple.Boot.plist cannot be found"

This is the same darn message I keep getting It is driving me crazy I cant install it at all

THat message is all I can get, Now when I dont choose Boot Options -v They Gry Apple Screen appears, blank for a second then the Spinning timer appears, I still hear the DVD drive spinning then it stops!!! a few seconds after that I get a STOP SMOKING logo or sign that goes across the Apple logo and from NOTHING, but like I said the DVD drive stops spinning very quickly

I ve encountered the same problem last night.

However, I tried to boot with an external USB DVD-ROM and it worked fine.

My laptop is Acer 9500.

Hope this could help. ;)