AMD problem with Uphuck's DVD

RobNyc

45 posts in this topic

So I have a AMD Opteron 165, DFI lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert mobo, evga 7950GT, Seagate 80GB IDE, WD Raptor 74gb sata, WD 200gb sata .. something really happened to me. .after I burned the uphuck's dvd latest version yesterday.. I didnt know what exactly to select to install.. but whatever I tried using a IDE drive first, after installed reboot PC would just stay in First Boot Screen (With my specs) and wouldnt go into BIOS or nothing, it would proceed normally if I disconnected the IDE drive, so I tried with a Sata drive Raptor and samething what the hell =\

So now the 80gb ide and the 74gb raptor dont do nothing :thumbsup_anim:

I know they were both working because I was running Win2003 Enterprise on the 80gb, and I was running Win2003 Datacenter on the 74gb Raptor

I would like to ask for some help maybe I'm not choosing the right choices but here's the list if anyone knows and can tell me for sure I appreciate it thanks

- 10.4.9 Intel

10.4.9 Intel package

IOATAFamily kext from 10.4.8

- 10.4.9 AMD

10.4.9 AMD package

AppleACPIPlatform kext from 10.4.8

- Kernels

Intel SSE2 (1 April 2007)

Intel SSE3 (26 March 2007)

AMD SSE2 (1 April 2007)

AMD SSE3 (1 April 2007)

Universal (23 April 2007)

Universal (3 May 2007)

script to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

- Drivers (I integrated GMA950 to intel package, it will be detected automatically)

Natit dual 0.2

Titan

nVidia mobility

ATI X1x00

ATI AGP support

GMA900 (DiaboliK)

ICH7R

USB

Azalia Audio

Realtek R1000

Ralink Wireless

PowerManagement.bundle

Intel Speedstep

CoreDuoTemp

- Applications

CopyCatX

Firefox

Adium

Colloquy

VirtueDesktops

VLC player

QuickTime codecs

X11

I would suggest reading the nice long thread on the options for installing this release. In particular I would pay attention to the avalanche of posts that states for AMD you MUST remove the power management.

Thanks I'm currently at work.. will do when I get home in a couple of hours

So I guess thats all there is for me ?

| = checked

10.4.9 Intel

10.4.9 Intel package

IOATAFamily kext from 10.4.8

| 10.4.9 AMD

| 10.4.9 AMD package

| AppleACPIPlatform kext from 10.4.8

- Kernels

Intel SSE2 (1 April 2007)

Intel SSE3 (26 March 2007)

AMD SSE2 (1 April 2007)

| AMD SSE3 (1 April 2007)

Universal (23 April 2007)

Universal (3 May 2007)

| script to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

- Drivers (I integrated GMA950 to intel package, it will be detected automatically)

| Natit dual 0.2

Titan

nVidia mobility

ATI X1x00

ATI AGP support

GMA900 (DiaboliK)

ICH7R

USB

Azalia Audio

Realtek R1000

Ralink Wireless

PowerManagement.bundle

Intel Speedstep

CoreDuoTemp

| Applications

| CopyCatX

| Firefox

| Adium

| Skype

| Colloquy

| VirtueDesktops

| VLC player

| QuickTime codecs

| X11

I just reinstalled on another 160gb ide drive

I booted normal and it gave me screen to reboot.. I did and I went verbose and this is the last of the message screens where i wrote down anything say failed or so and Login Window Application started was the last line of the screen

<RobNyc> MACI : family spepcific matching fails

<RobNyc> MMAC : family specific matching fails

<RobNyc> display : family specific matching fails

<RobNyc> NVDA : start (display) <1>

<RobNyc> NVDA : start (display) <1> failed

<RobNyc> Login Window App Started and gave me screen to reboot

I just reinstalled on another 160gb ide drive

I booted normal and it gave me screen to reboot.. I did and I went verbose and this is the last of the message screens where i wrote down anything say failed or so and Login Window Application started was the last line of the screen

<RobNyc> MACI : family spepcific matching fails

<RobNyc> MMAC : family specific matching fails

<RobNyc> display : family specific matching fails

<RobNyc> NVDA : start (display) <1>

<RobNyc> NVDA : start (display) <1> failed

<RobNyc> Login Window App Started and gave me screen to reboot

Did you install the 10.4.4 loginwindow package?

Which kernel did you use?

Did you install the 10.4.4 loginwindow package?

Which kernel did you use?

| 10.4.9 AMD

| 10.4.9 AMD package

| AppleACPIPlatform kext from 10.4.8

- Kernels

| AMD SSE3 (1 April 2007)

| script to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

| Natit dual 0.2

THere's no 10.4.4 Login window in uphucks' dvd right

yeah and i heard universal wasnt AMD but try reinstalling with universal newest instead of AMD sse3

I'll try.. I uploaded a pic to show you guys where my pc sshows when you first turn it on and stays there with the 80gb IDE drive and 74gb Raptor sata drive the first few installs of uphuck

post-34649-1180322185_thumb.jpg

post-34649-1180322199_thumb.jpg

I just reisntalled on my 160GB and selected newest universal and it killed my 160GB too =\

Damn headrush is running it fine and i'm not what the hell.. headrush what did you do dude?

i selected Univeral newest instead of any of the AMD and it resulted in dead HD ? what the hell is going on?

I'm going to leave the disks in for 30mins and go away and see if it response

Boot with -s

move Titan/Natit to /

move Geforce* to /

move NV* to /

It should boot properly. After you fix those kexts, put em back and boot.

Too late now.. HD is dead but im gonna play with it tomorrow and leave it on for 30mins to see if its really dead or what

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else with AMD ?

I am going to download uphuck's 1.3 and try

i assume that you've tried booting '-x' into safe mode...

which kexts/options did you install? if you installed any kexts/options for hardware you don't have, it may freeze your system (mac is very particular about kexts)... you may have to reinstall w/ only the kexts you need... if it comes down to it, install w/o the option for your GPU (what i had to do)... you will have lower resolution, but hey, you gotta free mac!

i had the same problem with JaS 10.4.8; if you know which kext is causing the freeze, you should remove it by inserting your install disk and using the terminal (your hard disk should be accessible in '/volumes/[disk_title]/'). if you don't know what you did or cannot undo it, then you may have to reinstall... you can also get into the terminal by hitting 'F8' during boot and entering '-x -s' into the boot options (that should load the single-user terminal).

i wish you luck... if you need me to send you the original kexts or a particular file off of the orig. JaS 10.4.8-9 disk... PM me and i'll get it to you...

NOTE: as far as my experiements have gone, 10.4.8 is stable on AMD but 10.4.9 isn't... but that's just me... it may run perfectly!

With IDE drive.. Jas 10.4.8 worked fine .

I tried Uphuck's 1.2v on 2 IDE drives and 1 sata drive. After I installed with different options checked, all 3 of them after reboot just stay in this screen and doesn't move. As soon as I unplug them and put my other HD's pc boots up fine.

post-34649-1182046769_thumb.jpg

Jas 10.4.8 was stable on my AMD too.

But Uphuck's has so many options that its a little harder.

And for some reason after installation 3 drives just won't boot or show any error.

1.3 is now burned and will try with the help of some guys to see what options should I select this time

Another dead HD

I found a 20gb IDE drive.. went on with installation

Selected AMD SSE3 CPU Kernel , ACPIPLatform, rebooted

PC DOesnt move from there not even into bios

disconnected IDE drive , put my sata drives back and back on windows posting the problem

post-34649-1182112725_thumb.jpg

Hey Rob,what do you mean by dead HD? Your HD actually stops working as in you cant install any OS, or doesn't show in your BIOS, or is it dead as in Uphucks just doesn't work right? I've AMD and have had no probs with Uphucks DVD 1.2 for the most part other than getting obscure hardware to work, Im gonna try 1.3 here soon.

Hey Rob,what do you mean by dead HD? Your HD actually stops working as in you cant install any OS, and it doesn't show in your BIOS, or is it dead as in Uphucks just doesn't work right? I've AMD and have had no probs with Uphucks DVD 1.2 for the most part other than getting obscure hardware to work, Im gonna try 1.3 here soon.

He saying he can't even enter his BIOS now. Seems extremely odd.