Asus P5B Deluxe full package 100% work osx

88 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

I installed kalyway 10.5.1 to my pc .. works really good :D . So to get sound I applied this patch (100% working patch). It worked very well, except I can't see one of my harddrives anymore in leopard. It's a sata like the others... any idea's? thanks

I figured it out myself, the HD should be connected to a BLACK SATA port.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a good working install of IATKOS V1.0r on my P5B. Everything works except for sleep. I tried installing Kalyway and install failed every time. I'll post later with links to the ICH8 patch I needed to get all 4 SATA ports working.

Well I have tried this package and I still cannot get audio on my P5B Deluxe. I am new to all of this Could I be missing a step? I went through the setup and only selected the Azalia audio package because that is the only thing I can't seem to get installed and working. But after a restart System Profiler still shows no Built-in Audio.

Please Help I have been so frustrated the past week working on this and I know it works because I see so many others with their audio working. Also I need to get the Optical and Coax output working as I have this PC connected to my Home Theater Receiver.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

im totally new to the mac-on-pc thing, and by now I just spent about 7 hours trying different settings/patches with the ideneb 10.5.5 installation dvd. After installation, the PC allways just boots into a black screen and hangs.

p5b deluxe, ide mode (no hardware raid enabled, drives 100% empty and clean (got rid of vista))

ATI HD2900XT

does anybody hint me to the correct options to enable in the installer (chipset, ethernet, audio)? Any help very appreciated. You dont want me to get out my Vista DVD again, dont you? lol... well thanks :)

OK im a bit further now.

Chipset Options:

ICHx Fix

JMicron

Audio:

AppleAzilla

Network:

Marvel Skg (or something like that)

I manage to get past the boot sequence. about 30 sec after the apple logo appears I get this:

stripes.jpg

I tried the ATI2600XT driver and the ATI2900 Series driver.

OH: And while i see this, some funky tune is playing! (yay :))

Ok... what could I try now?

• 1 month later...

Hello :D,

Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to adress a RAID1 set from within OSX86 Leopard?

I successfully installed OSX86 onto a 320GB PATA drive on my jMicron controller (P5B Deluxe of course) and i have a Windows XP installation on the Intel RAID controller (ICH8R). The dualboot works fine! :)

I just really need to adress the RAID1 array when i am in Leopard (Just to read/save data).

Anyone know if this is possible? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Am I right that this is the end for Multi-Chanel Sound Output + Mic and Audio-In on P5B Deluxe boards?

" AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20

Codec : Analog Devices AD1988B

Vendor Id : 0x11d4198b

Subsystem Id : 0x104381f6

This codec is not working at the moment, it needs more research

"

I am sad. Really sad. Just finished downloading iPC 10.5.6, but the included AppleHDA for 1988B only shows various ports in System Preferences / Sound and none of them working. The volume up/down buttons on my apple keyboard are working, but the mute doesn't.

Is anybody continuing Taruga's work?

• 3 weeks later...

i have just finished downloading iPC 10.5.6 Final DVD.

Does anybody know which packages to select?

I am not completely noob, so skipped a few packages, but this DSDT thing is new to me.

Thanks for replys, now I go and try again. :thumbsup_anim:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

I'm doing my first Hackintosh and I used Kalyway 10.5.2 - I started with my retail 10.5.0 DVD but it was just too much work. Anyway, I have pretty much everything working except audio in (common issue from what I gather), my second audio card (Hercules Game Theater XP, which uses the crystal audio chipset IIRC), and USB ports. I'm going to be developing some projects for the iPhone 3GS and so I really need to get USB working, and ideally I'd also upgrade all the way to 10.5.7. If I can get the whole thing working I might punt Linux from the box and just run Linux on my notebook (I had 100% of the hardware working perfectly -- perfectly in Linux).

Here is my configuration:

Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP

Intel E6600 processor

2GB RAM

Nvidia-based 7600GT card

Hercules Game Theater XP audio card

MSI TV@nywhere card

Happauge PVR150 card

also, the obligatory optical drives, hard drives, floppy drive (ugh!), yadda yadda

Here is my kernel info:

sh-3.2# uname -a 
Darwin kimc2d 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar  2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386
sh-3.2#

dmesg output:

sh-3.2# dmesg | grep -i usb
EUSB: family specific matching fails
USBE: family specific matching fails
USB0: family specific matching fails
USB1: family specific matching fails
USB2: family specific matching fails
USB4: family specific matching fails
USB5: family specific matching fails
EUSB: family specific matching fails
USBE: family specific matching fails