Asus P5B Deluxe full package 100% work osx

88 posts in this topic

Mist-

I completely copied your computer setup, and then Installed Jas 10.4.8 using usb-dvd drive and achi mode. Installed your package and was able to boot up in sata-ide, it seems a bit more slow, but the audio and ethernet do not work. Should I upgrade t0 10.4.9 or any other ideas? Thats my only guess seeing how I duplicated your system. This is my second hackintosh so I'll keep searching for more drivers, but perhaps I'm missing something....

Edit:

Got the video working by using Prawkers geforce package

Dvd through ide works with your package

Still can't connect to the internet using the cat-5, and i have no gigabit cable

-Tried installing jut the marvel package and still no luck

Xbench score is only 150 though...

my scenario :whistle:

1 IDE optical drive

2 IDE HDD

1 SATA2IDE Converter

I recently upgraded my motherboard (Abit IB9) and processor. Before upgrade my IDE HD contains WinXP and JaS 10.4.8 updated to 10.4.9. After I upgraded to new mobo I'm pretty sure that I need to reinstall my OSX.

I hooked my primary HD with a SATA2IDE converter and put my Jas 10.4.8 DVD and booted and I got stuck at an error "still waiting for root device" and can't continue with my installation. Please advice me so I can pass that error and continue with my installation.

This thread discuss about 965 related motherboard. I'm sure some expert out there can resolve my problem.

Thanks. ;)

• 1 month later...

Could someone tell me exactly, what Bios settings have to be set in order for osx to load? My installation works on my friends pc, but stops on mine with the apple logo: "Restart your computer..."

btw: I have instlled the patch for the jmicron controller

Gday all, I have a P5B mobo just picked it up yesterday 05-11-2007, have a specially built rig with 2 sata drives and 1 ata/IDE drive. IDE drive had Jas 10.4.8 already on it, started the system up and it booted straight into Osx, this without any adjsutments etc to the Bios. Was so relieved until I tried to see if the 10.4.10 DVD that I just downloaded would boot, no way! I get the boot p list not found error, other that that everything except sleep and sound seems to work really well.

Anyone have any opinions about using Mistico's fixes on this set up will this help or break everything?

MOBO AsusP5B green

Dualcore intel pentium E 2140 1.66ghz

XFX 7600 GT XXX edition

2 x Sata Samsung 160gig drives for XP and Vista, manual triple boot

1 x Ata WD 80gig, 2 partitions with Jas OSX 10.4.8 on it

Onboard soun Soundmax ADI AD1988A

Sitecom networkcard

Any help would be greatfully appreciated, cheers, Plucka

grbrum: Thanks. I'll install it now!

Gday all, I have a P5B mobo just picked it up yesterday 05-11-2007, have a specially built rig with 2 sata drives and 1 ata/IDE drive. IDE drive had Jas 10.4.8 already on it, started the system up and it booted straight into Osx, this without any adjsutments etc to the Bios. Was so relieved until I tried to see if the 10.4.10 DVD that I just downloaded would boot, no way! I get the boot p list not found error, other that that everything except sleep and sound seems to work really well.

I was trying to install with 10.4.10 and it was no go, so I went to 10.4.9, and went from there (don't want to go 10.4.10 right now). The Boot.plist error comes from Darwin not liking the JMicron. There are a few ways to get around this.

First is to get an IDE controller (not a RAID controller, just a straight IDE controller). Second way is to get a USB dvd drive.

Third, my approach, is that I have another machine that does not have JMicron chipset. So I took the HD out of my machine, and plugged it into that machine. I did the install on that machine (as if it was for my actual computer), and when done, I put it back into the P5B computer. There was a little bit of tinkering I had to do with the video card (hack and reflash).

Once installed, you may need to disable the JMicron controller (disabling your HD) on first boot. After that first boot you can re-enable it and your golden

I did with 10.4.9. I had to stop on 10.4.10 because it booted to blue screen (now I know it was a conflict with my video card).

Cheers,

Thank Plucka , I download and installed it on leopard (10.5) but this patch is made for 10.4.8-10.4.9

it does not work correctly on 10.5

f48y1.jpg

jp0j2.jpg

After installed this patch, Leopard found ATA Harddisk (^^)

Note : My Model is ST3802110A [PATA]

v7os3.jpg

Leopard show sound button in the taskbar

mm2g4.jpg

but can not hear

0fz25.jpg

and when shut down the system, the system is also running ;)

Thank Plucka , I download and installed it on leopard (10.5) but this patch is made for 10.4.8-10.4.9

it does not work correctly on 10.5

f48y1.jpg

jp0j2.jpg

After installed this patch, Leopard found ATA Harddisk (^^)

Note : My Model is ST3802110A [PATA]

v7os3.jpg

Leopard show sound button in the taskbar

mm2g4.jpg

but can not hear

0fz25.jpg

and when shut down the system, the system is also running :(

Hello, Sorry but I did say that I didnt know if it would work with Leopard, sound might be a problem with the particular onboard sound card, I have a Soundmax onboard HD sound and it worked for me but I am running 10.4.8, I will wait until a good working version of Leopard is released.

As for the computer not turning of, if you have Onyx installed it can schange the way your computer shuts down?

Hope some of this helps, cheers, Plucka

• 2 weeks later...
You rock Mistico... !!! Simple install package, no need to mess around editing any kexts!!!

Cool :)

I got my machine fully running, the WiFi isnt working though.

I had an IDE DVD drive, so I just installed OSX using my old Pentium D machine, with Intel 945GNT board, and put the HDD back in my P5B machine. ;)

OSX86 Version: JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 (with SemtheX 8.8.1 kernel)

My PC,

P5B Deluxe WiFi AP

Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz

2GB DDR2 667MHz memory

Geforce 7900GT

Hard Drives: Hitachi SATA 250GB+160GB+ Seagate SATA160GB(this one has the installation)

Now I'm just gonna look for all updates I can apply. Can someone please provide a link, it might help....

I updated it to 10.4.10 with this guy.

RIGHT HERE!

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi mystico!

I am running Leopard on my Asus p5b deluxe/wifi and sound didnt work yet. I grabbed this kernel extension out of the italian forum (i cant read it tho) and now my audio works!!

Would it be possible that you create a boot cd of leopard dedicated for the asus p5b deluxe wifi? That would really be awesome!! :D

Thanks again!

Hi

The patch didn't work on my system. When I installed it (v 1.0 lite) I got a kernel panic on reboot. The little no-parking sign over the Apple logo.

I reinstalled OSX and this time only used the ICH8R 1.1 Patch. This time everything was ok.

I'm using 10.4.8 JAS with PPF 1 & 2.

Is it possible to have a configuration to be able to set JMicron to IDE in the Bios? I need it so my DVD drives are recognized under Windows XP.

Is there a driver for the Intel Matrix RAID yet?

Keep up the good work people! :D

to Seye...my system is working fine with the usb and firewire and IDE channel

for the DVD drives. im using the Asus P5b-Plus and it uses jmicron for the drives also.

i overcame the Networking by getting another networking card (belkin)

that has spicfically got Mac-OsX drivers, loaded fine without having to use the drivers anyways.

could be that im using the 10.5.1 version.

would be nice to use the onboard, but ohh well.

better than nothin.

audio works as well but i dont have digital output.

• 3 weeks later...

thank you mistico installed on a P5B premium on Leopard toh rc2

but installer blocked so i tried installing one by one, and audio is ok (but not AUDIO IN :P ) any help?

2nd LAN works ok!

Now i have bios jmicron controller in EIDE mode and it read my Master hd but NOT slvae DVD rom :wacko: any hints?

my SATA controlelr is in AHCI (mmm how is written? :)) in this way the sistem boot always but not the win xp :D

any help?

thx a lot for your great work!!

grazieeeee!