What should I do now that I'm here in Europe?

89 posts in this topic

I got lost for 2 hours xD (yesterday)

Oh dear! Every country has differents signs. I remember getting lost in the UK when I first went there. Everything was so different when compared to Continental Europe.

At least you lot don't have this: http://home.san.rr.com/roundabout/rndabout.jpg

Wow, that's really weird. The person that designed that is either a genius or an idiot, I'm not sure which yet. That one might be a little tough, but in general I don't understand why people are so scared of roundabouts. With the possible exception of that one, they're really simple.

in general I don't understand why people are so scared of roundabouts. With the possible exception of that one, they're really simple.

Man, the first time I went to Britain I lived in Birmingham. Some roundabouts were an absolute nightmare. I have always prefered crossroads with traffic lights. Now in Britain they have added traffic lights to the most dangerous roundabouts.

Yes i met a few French Girl, like 4, they're nice and all but incredabliy hot, I even gave them my number. and now i look incredabliy stupid carrying a map around Paris with a list on getting some groceries from a store and i can't even find THAT, signs are confusing, Getting lost in Paris for 4 hours yesterday is not my plan

of fun here, My Cousin Aubert went to London for some job, (didn't tell me the details, and i can't pronounce his name! >.<) I can't even purchase a Coke because i cannot under stand the money (Euro) They go by 100's and i can't tell, Man am i pathetic. (and its 1:11 AM here, Im a nite owl)

eurofreakymac, what don't you understand about the euro?

it's easy!

I'd guess one Coke is about 1 euro.

But if it says for instance 1,20 euros just pay with a 1 euro coin and a 20cent coin.

The euro is moreless the same as the dollar (euro is worth a bit more but ignore that and you'll be fine)

Don't be afraid, just explore!

At least you lot don't have this: http://home.san.rr.com/roundabout/rndabout.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that's "The Magic Roundabout" in Swindon - a truely amazing piece of traffic management!

It's very easy to drive on, too. Merely close your eyes and drive straight forward :D

So, how much better is Europe than America, EuroFreakyMac? :P

It's a shame, you should have stayed in the UK for longer, though, looking at the weather down south at the moment, you would have got quite wet if you had stayed in London for any length of time :P

While we are on the subject of money, what are these paper bills you speak of -_-

Personally, I think the pound is a much better currency, but perhaps Alesandro will disagree with me...

Well, I hope you enjoy your stay in Europe (hopely the weather will get better!)

All these 100 Euro Dollar Bills, get me confused, and Europe is SOO much Better than Kansas, I come from a small town in Kansas, and theres nothing intresting to do soo its MUCH better hear

Europe is Lame.

London is the place to be .

Amazing Food, Great Weather.... what more can you ask for?

:P

And EuroFreakyMac, maybe you should change the title from "What should I bring to Europe?" to "What should I do now that I'm here?"

(Note: 999 posts: I don't want to grow up... want to stay here forever)