6 posts in this topic

I have a Dell E1505 with the following specs:

1.5Gb 667mhz RAM

1.6Ghz Intel Core Duo processor

160Gb 5400RPM HDD

Bluetooth antenna

Dell 1390 wifi card

Intel GMA950 graphics

Windows XP Professional or Media Center (I own both, you can pick which one you like)

The following accessories are included:

Bluetooth expresscard media remote

60Gb external HDD (usb 2.0 or esata)

Logitech MX900 bluetooth mouse (mouse only, no charging base)

The closest i can get to this at Dell.com to price out a new one has a 1.73Ghz core duo, but only 1Gb of RAM. It goes for right at $1000 with no upgrade to the operating system. The increase in processor speed (which was only a $75 upgrade when it was available) is offset by the extra RAM not included in price.

I'm curious, how much could I expect for a setup like this one?

$300-$400 no more...and that's being generous...unfortunately laptops used still might be decent and even well cared for...

But the market place is flooded ATM with some excellent deals and resale sucks unless you find a sucker who doesn't know where to look.

You probably paid close to $1,000.00 if you bought it new from Dell but you won't get even half of your investment back from any educated consumer.

I'd say $600-$700 USD if it comes with a DVDRW and some warranty without the accessories. You can definitely get more than $400 for it easily, but you're not gonna get anywhere near the $1000 you'd want for it. The accessories won't add any extra value to the laptop either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...