Just ordered my iMac 24"

20 posts in this topic

Well i just got off the phone with apple and the new iMac should be here on friday of next week!! :thumbsup_anim: i'm completely off the wall and i can't wait. got the upgraded 256mb nvidia graphics, and 2gb of memory addt'l to the system. also got the apple care stuff just in case. but everything else is pretty much the same

Well i just got off the phone with apple and the new iMac should be here on friday of next week!! ;) i'm completely off the wall and i can't wait. got the upgraded 256mb nvidia graphics, and 2gb of memory addt'l to the system. also got the apple care stuff just in case. but everything else is pretty much the same

got mine 3 weeks ago :)

dont worry about the photos, i'll get some up for ya. but nothing on the insides of it or anything. i'm not that crazy to do something like that. first need to get bootcamp installed, then setup parallels. Is it true that parallels doesn't support 3d when your in the mac os using windows?

IT'S HERE!!! this thing is freaking amazing.....i love it. pics soon to follow. quick ? though. i've read like 3 different ways to boot a cd, and none of them work. so am i doing something wrong here. i'm going to put fedora core on here, and i just need to figure out how to boot the cd. there already done and ready to go.

IT'S HERE!!! this thing is freaking amazing.....i love it. pics soon to follow. quick ? though. i've read like 3 different ways to boot a cd, and none of them work. so am i doing something wrong here. i'm going to put fedora core on here, and i just need to figure out how to boot the cd. there already done and ready to go.

Startup keystrokes:

C - Starts up from a CD

Hold it down before the Apple screen appears.

and one more quick ?. when i'm in wow, and i want to switch back to the desktop. what are the keys to do so? for instanace, when i'm on the other comp, i just hit the windows key. I've tried on the mac by using command + tab, cont + tab, shift + tab, alt + tab. but i can't seem to find the right combo. any help?

and one more quick ?. when i'm in wow, and i want to switch back to the desktop. what are the keys to do so? for instanace, when i'm on the other comp, i just hit the windows key. I've tried on the mac by using command + tab, cont + tab, shift + tab, alt + tab. but i can't seem to find the right combo. any help?

I don't think you can access the desktop while playing WoW. You can set it to run in window mode.