Azureus 2.3.0.6 for 10.4.3 working

xtraa

51 posts in this topic

Hi,

now thanks to dijn we have a new working version for Azureus.

So all thanks and credits belongs to him :D

To keep things simple, I uploaded a fully working and already patched

version for those, who are not so handy with doing it on their own.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8088876/Azureus...atched.rar.html

To download just the patch, see the attachment in his original posting.

Please post your results if it works for you, too.

Hi,

So all thanks and credits belongs to him :D

Stupid n00b question: WTF is Azureus?

Stupid n00b question: WTF is Azureus?

No question is stoopid!? :D

Azureus is a BitTorrent client, probably the best, because it is eas to handle, but still offers lots of features if

you want to go advanced. You can find the latest version at http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

BitTorrent is a filesharing-Network, especially made for huge filesizes. You have seeders (the people who ar

uploading or sharing the files for/with you) and leechers, connected to a network, called tracker. (to put it

simple)

The main difference to previous filesharing-Networks like kazaa or eMule (or Napster if you can remember), is

that you don't search the network within the program. You download a small .torrent-file from one of those

uncounted Websites on the net, and you open it with your client (e.g. Azureus).

BitTorrent was especially made for big files. While other clients are a little unreliably on those biggies,

BitTorrent was optimized for that. Another plus is: the more bandwith you give for uploading, the faster it

downloads. so it is very effective.

If you want to try it for windows, I would recommed to use the smallest bittorrent client ever, 105 kb, all

features, name utorrent (speak mye-torrent) download here. And then do a google for torrent and download

one :)

Hi,

So all thanks and credits belongs to him :P

I have followed the directions and azureus is not working for my 10.4.3 install. I have used both your patched .rar file as well as dijn's patch and neither of them work. Basically, azureus dock icon bounces for a few seconds and then disappears. I got the older 2.3.0.4 working back on my 10.4.1 installation, but it seems this one doesn't work. For the record, everything else in my install seems to be running perfectly. I did a native 10.4.3 install from maxxuss's patched ISO and it worked great! Any help would be great!

will someone please take a screenshot of you using azureus with 10.4.3? I want to see the "about this mac" show that it's really 10.4.3 that you're running. I have tried this on two different machines both running the 10.4.3 patched with maxxuss's 1.0 TPM patch from the developer install DVD. This used to work on 10.4.1, but no longer on 10.4.3. If someone could help me out that would be great.

Also, tell me the method you used to install 10.4.3 as this might have something to do with it not working for me. I didn't use a vmware install, I installed it natively.

If I tr-boot, can I use the same torrent file to resume the serving and download no matter what OS i'm in as long as I can write to disk?

my guess would be no unless the filesystem you're using is writable by both OS's. By default, OSX uses HFS+ and windows uses NTFS. Windows can't read/write to HFS+ and OSX can only read to NTFS. So I guess this would be possible if you were using an older filesystem such as FAT32. I wouldn't advise in favor of this since FAT32 is very slow and you lose indexing functionality with spotlight.

by the way, I still haven't gotten azureus to work in 10.4.3.... :(

I don't think you understand. I do have a writable FAT32 partition so that Linux, OSx and Win can write on it. What I want to know is, if you start a torrent session in windows, can I continue the session in Linux or OSx?

I don't think you understand. I do have a writable FAT32 partition so that Linux, OSx and Win can write on it. What I want to know is, if you start a torrent session in windows, can I continue the session in Linux or OSx?

Well then I would imagine it would work. You ought to try it out and let us know because I'm curious! Also, just fyi, there is a great azureus dashboard widget available and it really makes dashboard likable. Search for "azureus widget" on google to find the download.

can someone please verify that this version of azureus works on the <b>native</b> version of 10.4.3? I know that most of you are probably using the userland 10.4.1 -> 10.4.3 update. I'm still trying to get any version of azureus working for the native 10.4.3 and it just doesn't open. Someone please verify this for me so I can start looking for a solution.

works here too, thank you very, very much! (10.4.3 not the new itunrs version, first version, Shuttle XPC81P)

i have another problem: azureus and all other internet-programs stop here after a while when i download a torrent. connections seem to be held (numbers dont vanish) but dl/up indicators drop to 0 and no site could be loaded in safari after that. i rebooted it a few times, but now i close all apps, plug off the dsl-modem (usb-connected, lan does not work...), plug it in again, renew in network and azureus and internet-stuff works again. what the hell could that be? can someone help?

Thank you mashugly, I also appreciate the many helpful things I can find here :D

@yomaster:

See the left side of the screenshot, it is definately 10.4.3 full native install, no

upgrade :)

@slowdriver:

See the right side of the screenshot and take a look in your PPPoe-options in the

network. Just in case that you have not deactivated the automatic disconnection.

(ah, ignore the german translation :))

bild17qq.th.jpg

Thank you mashugly, I also appreciate the many helpful things I can find here :D

@yomaster:

See the left side of the screenshot, it is definately 10.4.3 full native install, no

upgrade :)

@slowdriver:

See the right side of the screenshot and take a look in your PPPoe-options in the

network. Just in case that you have not deactivated the automatic disconnection.

(ah, ignore the german translation :))

bild17qq.th.jpg

Xtraa thanks for letting me know about this new build of azureus.You always have good things to say.

This azureus is the best yet for osx86 and with this and now my ATI Radeon having CI and QE the only thing I need windows for now is playing the occasional game :D

and now my ATI Radeon having CI and QE

O man, I would kill for that :D:) Unfortunately, I have a nVidia and I really doubt that macvidia (by all of

their great efforts and work) would be able to release a driver earlier than the original apple driver...

But good to see it working on your machine *finally* :)

@yomaster:

upgrade :(

xtraa: strange.... ok. Which build of 10.4.3 are you using? 8F1099 or 8F1111? Also, which file did you use for the dvd image? I used the one called "10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg" patched the maxxuss DVD patcher version 1.0. I'm trying to figure out what could possibly be different?

Has anyone else got a non-working azureus on 10.4.3?? Maybe I should reinstall... but I don't know what that would change since this install is only 3 days old and I the only modification I've made was to delete the AppleFPMemDriver extension because it was slowing my system way down...

xtraa: strange.... ok. Which build of 10.4.3 are you using? 8F1099 or 8F1111? Also, which file did you use for the dvd image? I used the one called "10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg" patched the maxxuss DVD patcher version 1.0. I'm trying to figure out what could possibly be different?

Has anyone else got a non-working azureus on 10.4.3?? Maybe I should reinstall... but I don't know what that would change since this install is only 3 days old and I the only modification I've made was to delete the AppleFPMemDriver extension because it was slowing my system way down...

The torrent you have is exactly the same. (10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg) I am using 8F1099 atm, so

it is not the iso. We all have different system configs, with different behaviors. Maybe it is because you don't

have SSE2, or no PAE or maybe no NX support, or a combination of these things. For example, I am unable

to use the new unibin iTunes. I don't know why. But if you want to make sure, that you have the same DVD,

you can go on maxxuss website, and compare your md5 to the md5 that he posted in his installation tutorial.

ok I got this resolved. I took a closer look at the file /Applications/Azureus.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub and it looks like it wasn't even set to be executable! I fixed this with a quick chmod 755 and it seems that was the problem! Just to be sure it wasn't just me being stupid, I downloaded those files again and for some reason the permissions were still set to be non-executable. I don't know what it's that way for me and noone else, but oh well, at least I fixed it! Thanks everyone!

ok I got this resolved. I took a closer look at the file /Applications/Azureus.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub and it looks like it wasn't even set to be executable! I fixed this with a quick chmod 755 and it seems that was the problem! Just to be sure it wasn't just me being stupid, I downloaded those files again and for some reason the permissions were still set to be non-executable. I don't know what it's that way for me and noone else, but oh well, at least I fixed it! Thanks everyone!

That did the trick for me as well, but there is another one, not so nice but it works also without the 755 rights ;-)

Try this:

Start terminal

/usr/libexec/oah/oah750 /Applications/Azureus.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

and it will work also. Of course Azureus has to be dragged by you in the /Applications directory of course. If it's in another directory change the above command of course.

Why did I try the above in the first place? Any application not running I try to run using the above command. This is because a lot of programs that need to be opened using rosetta won't work using an AMD64 processor. This is the only trick to get them to work, zo I thought this was happening here as well. I tried the command I use to get things started using rosetta on an AMD and it did. Maybe someone is willing to take a look at this post because it's annoying for us AMD64 owners ;-)

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=4912

Regards

Jordan van Bergen