Radeon Xpress 200M

thedopefishlives

483 posts in this topic

EDIT: I've found that at one point "Callisto build 001 Alpha" drivers were doing the rounds? does anyone have them? the main site is down.

Forget!

this disassembler is very strange. in disasm mode just converts everything it finds to intel x86 assembly, doesn't look for .code segment, doesn't handle relocations and sagment base addresses, just treats whole file as a binary executable code. i've found Machonist, which also can edit assembly code and create patches, but can also display jumppoints, function calls and some other info

Machonist is PowerPC only, as well as HexEdit. The HT is only i386 dissass. (&IDA pro) And both in terminal modes

Is there anybody going my way?

Picture_1.png

Go to this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=38842&hl=. It gave me the ability to view my screen at it's full capabilities. It did not enable QE or CI, but it now detects the video card as a Radeon XPress 200M, which is a HUGE improvement. Props to the creator of this great script!!

Jennifer

I need to explain.

It is not problem for me to write a kext that write a model name into system profiler. For example

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=17809

More complex task is a Framebuffer driver that permit us to switch resolution and refresh rates.

They (Callisto, ATINDRV, RadeonFB) are the replacement for IONDRVFramebuffer

But I tell about Accelerator driver such as ATIRadeon9700.kext. Look into its info.plist ;) .

It is needed to get QE/CI, hardwareOpenGL and DVDPlayback.

Slice, not that i can be of any help since i don't really have the time to develop

a driver, but still i'd be interested in learning how graphics driver under osx86

are developed. can you pinpoint some docs that help? i suppose the usual docs

for developing kernelexts are helpful?

Slice, you might also consider that the reason people may not eagerly participate in your quest to create a working driver is because so many before have tried and failed. People might need some serious convincing before they go along with your project - nobody wants to fail again. I, personally, have been told time and time again that "the x200 will never be supported." I've been told it blatantly. People say this without any doubt.

So tell people if you KNOW that this will work and bring QE/CI to the x200. Let people know this is worthwhile. I think that it is - many of us have the 200M and want nothing more than to see your efforts work out.

I wish I knew something about driver development, Slice, because I'd be volunteering to work with you in a snap.

Slice, not that i can be of any help since i don't really have the time to develop

a driver, but still i'd be interested in learning how graphics driver under osx86

are developed. can you pinpoint some docs that help? i suppose the usual docs

for developing kernelexts are helpful?

I can't develop driver from initial. May be only AGP driver that you need too (DevID=5a3f - not supported yet) and Framebuffer. You have working Callisto but can look into sources of RadeonFB. It might be helpful to understand graphics driver development. Both sources are at http://www.x86dev.org.

There are no any sorces of Accelerator driver.

Slice, you might also consider that the reason people may not eagerly participate in your quest to create a working driver is because so many before have tried and failed. People might need some serious convincing before they go along with your project - nobody wants to fail again. I, personally, have been told time and time again that "the x200 will never be supported." I've been told it blatantly. People say this without any doubt.

So tell people if you KNOW that this will work and bring QE/CI to the x200. Let people know this is worthwhile. I think that it is - many of us have the 200M and want nothing more than to see your efforts work out.

I wish I knew something about driver development, Slice, because I'd be volunteering to work with you in a snap.

Don't be so pessimistic.

I am not suppose to write new driver. I claim that we need to make a patch to existing one and I shown how. Is there anybody already try?

Yes, still now x200 not supported but why never? There is no one good programmer wishes to do this. If you say that many people try but what they try? Using existing kexts?

Believe me. My Radeon 9000IGP have exactly same problem and I have advance with it.

as x200 is a variant of x300, can you try to hack this one as a start point??

there is a driver in development for linux called radeonHD (opensource) and the branch for X11 of radeon ati driver, maybe you can check the source code to get some ideas.

please we (ati x200 users)have almost no hope to get QE/CI.

any help is appreciated/welcome.

thanks in advance.

I believe Slice already has a proper start point (and is well passed simply starting), and is now only looking for a person to help him write a patch for the driver that he's been working with. Therefore, I think it might be better if somebody went with what Slice is already doing, rather than follow some new plan. I also believe that people have tried using the x300 stuff before; it doesn't work. They're not similar enough. Slice, I'm pretty sure, is working from an even more similar driver.

Slice, does what you need somebody to do require serious programming skills? I'm well-versed in the realm of computers, but not in code. And what happened to the guy that was working with you before? Hrm.

Slice, does what you need somebody to do require serious programming skills? I'm well-versed in the realm of computers, but not in code. And what happened to the guy that was working with you before? Hrm.

I propose that he would be a man who can easy make Hex-patch and can find how a command like

mov eax,[ecx+148]

will be in hex looking.

No programmer skill, no XCode.

jonny disappeared

ole2 is very busy

Who else?

You can download HT disassembler here

http://applelife.ru/index.php?act=attach&a...ost&id=1215

I propose that he would be a man who can easy make Hex-patch and can find how a command like

mov eax,[ecx+148]

will be in hex looking.

if IDA pro handles relative jump changes and relative calls after reassembly we can just use bindiff and a script to do that.
jonny disappeared

ole2 is very busy

Who else?

sorry, i'm back, i had deadline at work and just couldn't be around.

Slice, on whitch kext versions are You working? i'm getting familiar with ida pro interface, but it's very strange for editing code

if IDA pro handles relative jump changes and relative calls after reassembly we can just use bindiff and a script to do that.

sorry, i'm back, i had deadline at work and just couldn't be around.

Slice, on whitch kext versions are You working? i'm getting familiar with ida pro interface, but it's very strange for editing code

Glad to see you again!

I prefer version 1.4.40 from 10.4.8 because it works in any system version, while 1.4.52 from 10.4.9 - no.

Yes, IDA pro is very strange, I use it only to get asm text. For editing I prefer hte.sf.net where I see hex and asm at the same line.

I am not sure that we can assemble IDAPro output back.

mov eax,[ecx+148]

will be in hex looking.

jonny disappeared

ole2 is very busy

Who else?

You can download HT disassembler here

http://applelife.ru/index.php?act=attach&a...ost&id=1215

I'm still here and now investigating registers mapping difference

installed Xcode 2.5, found remote debugging capability (over FireWire)

I'm sure, only device ID hack will not be enough

but registers remapping fix will be obligatory also

we need RS480 (aka 200M) registers map to find out first as well as R300 (integrated into 9700)

in order to do comparison and remapping

it's very important (and will be very helpful for further investigation)

ole2

certainly was discovered, 200M could be based on

RS480, RS482 and RS400 chipset cores:

Mobility Xpress 200G RS480 Gab 2007-06-04 download

Mobility Xpress 200M RS480 Krisztian Kusics 2007-06-04 download

Mobility Xpress 200M RS482 Akos Nagy 2007-06-04 download

Mobility Xpress 200M RS482 unk 2007-06-04 download

Mobility Xpress 200M 1150 RS482 Kosza Anatal 2007-06-04 download

Mobility Xpress 200M 5955 RS400 Donatas Petrauskas 2007-06-03 download

Mobility Xpress 200M HP Compaq nx6325 RS482 Jason 2007-06-04

here is original link:

http://bios.egore911.de/

i have this, have i any hope?

specs1cd8.png

but what about this guy, he installed leopard!

I was able to get the keyboard to work if I do a uprade from Tiger to Leopard. Then everything works except for sound and WiFi. After that I used the sound drivers that I used for 10.4.8 (ALC883AUDIO) and it works. Then I try replacing the IO80211FAMILY.KEXT with the one that made the wifi work (Artheros 5005G) and after going through all the commands get messages saying It was not installed properly and I can't seem to get the WIFI to work. Anyone can help?

Specs: Acer Aspire 5100

AMD ATHLON Turion 64x2

Radeon XPRESS 200M (Works at 1200x800)

Atheros AR5005G (Need help from you guys!!!!)

I would greatly apperciate the help! Thanks!

i have this, have i any hope?

but what about this guy, he installed leopard!

Very new configuration for me. You might be successfull cause you have X1600 PCIe video that good supported by MacOSX.

Problem with 200M video is not your problem.

That's not a problem for this thread - this discussion is solely about 200M *video* support. Since you don't have a 200M video card, I recommend asking around one of the other threads on the boards. Somebody out there will be able to help you in a relevant discussion. I believe there's a whole thread about the Still Waiting for Root Device error... I don't know exactly where it is, but hunt it down. It's nearby, I know that.

i've installed leo 10.5.1 everything works except QE/CI

my system is a low end ALMOST perfect hackint0sh, any development in progress about x200m,

any hint, where can i start to research to do it myself??

You can help us in developement if you make some internal tracing of your system and show here. Look

http://www.x86dev.org/forum/index.php?topic=307.0

Epoch ~ # lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 Host Bridge (rev 01)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 PCI Bridge

00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host Controller

00:13.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host Controller

00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB2 Host Controller

00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 SMBus Controller (rev 11)

00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 PCI-ISA Bridge

00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 PCI-PCI Bridge

00:14.5 Multimedia audio controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

00:14.6 Modem: ATI Technologies Inc SB400 AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 02)

00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration

00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map

00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller

00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE)

05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)

05:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

05:09.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx21/x515 Cardbus Controller

this is from my gentoo system; anything else?? i want to help ;)

Epoch ~ # lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 Host Bridge (rev 01)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 PCI Bridge

00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host Controller

00:13.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host Controller

00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB2 Host Controller

00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 SMBus Controller (rev 11)

00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 PCI-ISA Bridge

00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 PCI-PCI Bridge

00:14.5 Multimedia audio controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

00:14.6 Modem: ATI Technologies Inc SB400 AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 02)

00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration

00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map

00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller

00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE)

05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)

05:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

05:09.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx21/x515 Cardbus Controller

this is from my gentoo system; anything else?? i want to help :(

Thank you! I really got new information!

As you have AMD host bridge you have a real chance to have working AGPGart but now there are no version for the combination. Wait please for new version and be ready to test.