Rosetta and Driver Upgrades; New Build is Leaked

Swad

206 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a Flybook PC running on a Transmeta Crusoe TM-580 chip. I have tried to install the latest version of Tiger for Wintel and I get a karnel panic error at the startup. I am wondering if this chipset (Transmeta Crusoe TM-580) is supported. I have the fear that so far this Tiger version works ONLY with genuine Intel Pentium chips. Any advice please? Maybe I should try to install also the Rosetta s2 and s3 patches???

Hello, I have a Flybook PC running on a Transmeta Crusoe TM-580 chip. I have tried to install the latest version of Tiger for Wintel and I get a karnel panic error at the startup. I am wondering if this chipset (Transmeta Crusoe TM-580) is supported. I have the fear that so far this Tiger version works ONLY with genuine Intel Pentium chips. Any advice please? Maybe I should try to install also the Rosetta s2 and s3 patches???

No, you can never get it to run on that system. I assume you meant TM5800? It doesn't even have SSE, let alone SSE2 or 3, so it wont even be able to install.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything works for my ATI Mobility 9700 (M11) except, that I cannot use other resolutions than 1024x768.

The card never gets detected as AGP but as PCI-Device. Vendor ID is 1002, Device ID is 4E50. The system.log

tells me: "display: family specific matching fails". Any Ideas?

b-elanna ;-).

• 1 month later...