32 posts in this topic

Just for the record here are my system specs:

AMD X2 4200+ AM2

Asus 590 sli mobo

Three sata HDs

8800 GTX

and a sata CD drive

So heres my question:

I cant get my PC to go past the load screen even if it does the last time i tried this it wouldnt show any sata drives i have an ide drive but i would like to avoid using that if at all possible

It seems that there's no support for that chipset, just for nforce4 and below. You could get a pata harddisk anyway.

Someone Please help me with this I really would appreciate it a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

hi i am trying to install to a sata drive on a asus m2n32 sli delux chipset nforce 590 is there a patch that can be applied to the iso to make it work correctlly or a driver for the nforce 570 or 550 because that is how the sata controller is listed on my windows divice manager and i am so extreamlly tired of using windows and linux seams to be stable but than i guess it dont like me cus it crushes on me very often. helllllllllppppppppp!!!!

hi i am trying to install to a sata drive on a asus m2n32 sli delux chipset nforce 590 is there a patch that can be applied to the iso to make it work correctlly or a driver for the nforce 570 or 550 because that is how the sata controller is listed on my windows divice manager and i am so extreamlly tired of using windows and linux seams to be stable but than i guess it dont like me cus it crushes on me very often. helllllllllppppppppp!!!!

You can make it work whit the sil 3239 in the back port sata

hi man,

i have asus m2n32-sli deluxe, with nf590 as you know...6 ports sata, + 2 ports sil3132 sata...

do not think of installing on sata hdd, first find a pata hdd or you may convert a pata to sata, with either

sil3611-3811, or jmicron 20330, they re working at me...

you have to use, the only pata port of the mb. which is a mcp51 ....

i have installed, 10.4.6, jas 10.4.7, 10.4.8 sse2, and latest sse3 , all the same way...

didnt try 10.4.9 yet:(

to the pata port, connect yours pata hdd as slave (no cable select), and connect the dvdrom to master...

then boot from dvdrom (you may select boot device by F8)

a the stating of dvdrom, press F8 again and write -v, this means the verbose mode ,

you ll see the osx detecting your pata , usb, fw, etc...

it should go well...

after the restart, and opening a user, u should have a working osx...:)

but the problem is this pata hdd is slow... mb/s ???

so now, we re entering to silicon image web site and finding sil3132 satalink macos driver... :)

install it...

now your os x is seeing the hdd s attached to sil 3132 ports... (be careful, at the bios it should be sata, not raid...)

now the only thing osx doesnt see is sata mcp55 ports :thumbsup_anim:

with the help of the pata to sata converter (sil 3611) connect your pata drive to internal sata of sil3132 of mb.

osx now can boot from sata... and its very speedy, 60 mb/s for the hdd :)

now go to the realtek web site and dwl the osx driver for your wireless 8187 card ... it works...

if it was 10.4.8 sse3 for amd, the vga card driver for nvidia 7600g.... or else ati 16xx is inside...quartz works...

if not , find the natit nvidia driver...

if eveything works well at the end find the applenforceata.kext, put it into extensions...

verify permissions...

now osx can see and boot from nforce 590 sata hdd s...

never-ever connect a western digital to theese ports , as there are known errors...with wd, & n590 & osx...

now the only thing u have to do is find the adi 1988 sound drivers...

or my suggestion is that, buy a usb card...mine is sb 24 live ext.

also a good kb. and mouse (usb, without cables), having mac drivers, such as logitechs makes it good :)

good luck...

oops, pic of it...!

edit: now if you clone your pata hdd (connected to sata sil3132 by the hepl of sil3611 conv. ) ... to a sata hdd...

simlpy clone it by acronis, norton ghost or from mac osx ...

at the end. your sata hdd will boot from either sil3132 int/ext port, from n590 ports, etc...

my advice is sil3132...

post-72879-1176855027_thumb.jpg

Hey dude thank you so much!! Im gonna try it to make work my sata ports, i have only 2 channels of audio, i preciate you help on this, i need the microphone ( i have a creative audigy external :lol: but not work) I have to buy a reatek 8139 network contoller, i cant make work my wireless

thx!

OS X rocks!

hi man,

i have asus m2n32-sli deluxe, with nf590 as you know...6 ports sata, + 2 ports sil3132 sata...

do not think of installing on sata hdd, first find a pata hdd or you may convert a pata to sata, with either

sil3611-3811, or jmicron 20330, they re working at me...

you have to use, the only pata port of the mb. which is a mcp51 ....

i have installed, 10.4.6, jas 10.4.7, 10.4.8 sse2, and latest sse3 , all the same way...

didnt try 10.4.9 yet:(

to the pata port, connect yours pata hdd as slave (no cable select), and connect the dvdrom to master...

then boot from dvdrom (you may select boot device by F8)

a the stating of dvdrom, press F8 again and write -v, this means the verbose mode ,

you ll see the osx detecting your pata , usb, fw, etc...

it should go well...

after the restart, and opening a user, u should have a working osx... :)

but the problem is this pata hdd is slow... mb/s ???

so now, we re entering to silicon image web site and finding sil3132 satalink macos driver... :)

install it...

now your os x is seeing the hdd s attached to sil 3132 ports... (be careful, at the bios it should be sata, not raid...)

now the only thing osx doesnt see is sata mcp55 ports :P

with the help of the pata to sata converter (sil 3611) connect your pata drive to internal sata of sil3132 of mb.

osx now can boot from sata... and its very speedy, 60 mb/s for the hdd :)

now go to the realtek web site and dwl the osx driver for your wireless 8187 card ... it works...

if it was 10.4.8 sse3 for amd, the vga card driver for nvidia 7600g.... or else ati 16xx is inside...quartz works...

if not , find the natit nvidia driver...

if eveything works well at the end find the applenforceata.kext, put it into extensions...

verify permissions...

never-ever connect a western digital to theese ports , as there are known errors...with wd, & n590 & osx...

now the only thing u have to do is find the adi 1988 sound drivers...

or my suggestion is that, buy a usb card...mine is sb 24 live ext.

also a good kb. and mouse (usb, without cables), having mac drivers, such as logitechs makes it good :)

good luck...

oops, pic of it...!

edit: now if you clone your pata hdd (connected to sata sil3132 by the hepl of sil3611 conv. ) ... to a sata hdd...

simlpy clone it by acronis, norton ghost or from mac osx ...

at the end. your sata hdd will boot from either sil3132 int/ext port, from n590 ports, etc...

my advice is sil3132...

Ok..so I am a little confused here.

I can't use a IDE hard drive b/c my motherboard only has one IDE port and that is connected to my DVD burner.

Is there NO driver at all that I can get to have my SATA drive work. I have two SATA drives and its really frustrating to not be able to boot them.

I noticed your post about sil3132 but i'm not really sure what this is. Could you please explain?

Thanks.

I noticed that you mentioned that sil3132 is a drive you got from the silicon image website. Is that hard to install? will it screw up my chipset for my windows install?

Also which version would work best with these specs?

AMD 3800+ AM2

Asus M2n-e

x1900XT 512 mb

1gig Muskin DDR2 6400

Thanks!

Ok..so I am a little confused here.

I can't use a IDE hard drive b/c my motherboard only has one IDE port and that is connected to my DVD burner.

Is there NO driver at all that I can get to have my SATA drive work. I have two SATA drives and its really frustrating to not be able to boot them.

I noticed your post about sil3132 but i'm not really sure what this is. Could you please explain?

Thanks.

I noticed that you mentioned that sil3132 is a drive you got from the silicon image website. Is that hard to install? will it screw up my chipset for my windows install?

Also which version would work best with these specs?

AMD 3800+ AM2

Asus M2n-e

x1900XT 512 mb

1gig Muskin DDR2 6400

Thanks!

i think all the Asus M2... models seem the same, (for amd)

the problem here is that; lets say "hackintosh 10.4.8 sse3 for amd" dvd at the start, naturaly can not see our boards sata outputs... :D

as they are mcp55 (n550-570-590 series), 6 of 'em are for nothing....

so we have to connect the hdd to the mcp51 , which is the only single pata(ide) port on the board.

you may either, buy a pata hdd, or convert your sata to pata by some interface or convertor as i have explained before...

to this pata port (2 outputs; master/slave) first try hdd to slave, dvdrom to master, generally this is it...

if not change the order....never cable select... (also dont boot from a usb dvdrom, there ll be plist error...)

now, after the os boot starts, it detects the pata hdd, u may install...!

but, there is also some problem here, even this hdd a little bit problematic...

mac os smt. stops and thinks... because the nforce port is the most inconvinient for mac osx...

so, we have to do smt...

on some boards, there is another choice, an onboard sil3132 sata chipset...

if not; buy a sil3132 (it must be a flashable one, we ll flash its eeprom from satabios rxxx, to basebios bxxx.)

3132 has 2 sata ports, 1 sata, 1 esata, both of em works, its difficult to find an esata cable..?

or i tried; u may buy a sil3124 pci card (2i sata + 2e sata), moreover it works in sataraid bios :(

now, we have a working system, osx, we may install the 31xx driver for osx... silixxx...pgk

restart..... then shut down....

take that hdd, (pata, sata whatever), connect it to directy sil31xx.... boot from it....

now you have speedy osx... thats all, because all the nforce are pain in the sss

also the onboard eth. cards, marvellyukon works...marvellalaska doesnt...

i m using a simple pci realtek 8139 (father of the ethernet ;)

--------------------------

"I can't use a IDE hard drive b/c my motherboard only has one IDE port and that is connected to my DVD burner."

u can use, 1 port, 2 device... a hdd slave, + 1 dvd master...

"Is there NO driver at all that I can get to have my SATA drive work. I have two SATA drives and its really frustrating to not be able to boot them.

I noticed your post about sil3132 but i'm not really sure what this is. Could you please explain?"

problem; osx cant see nforce hdd controllers(sata), so we buy a pci hdd controller card, (just like the one on board...)

we connect our hdd to this port instead of the one on the mb.

"x1900XT 512 mb"

native ati driver in 10.4.8 mostly...quartz.

upto now i was not able to install the driver(sil31xx) at the boot of osx , like we are doing in windows xp by F6 ; "load sata driver" ...

if smo. puts this driver kext into "macos orig. boot dvd", or may be in the future, i hope 10.4.9 - 10.5.x can be able to boot from sil31xx series controllers...

Hey dude thank you so much!! Im gonna try it to make work my sata ports, i have only 2 channels of audio, i preciate you help on this, i need the microphone ( i have a creative audigy external :) but not work) I have to buy a reatek 8139 network contoller, i cant make work my wireless

thx!

OS X rocks!

this is the driver for ad1988b,

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36520

before, delete appleHDA.kext from extensions...

then install azaliaaudio.pkg , thats all, but HD has only out, no input...(mic)

your usb sb should work, any usb sound device works , no need for driver...

but, if not, find the ?usbsounblaster.package?, from a somewhere...

post-72879-1177058008_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply Waters!

I picked up an IDE hard drive. Do I still need to use the SATA drivers or can I just run with the PATA drive. IF I just use the PATA drive with I suffer any performance issues?

connect your pata(ide hdd) and dvdrom on the same cable, (master & slave), ...try other configs, dont give up, some will work...:)

osx will detect yours pata...install it...ok...(read from forum how to format hdd and install osx...)

but you ll understand that, hdd allocation is smt. suffering? (in xbench results , you ll detect it.) osx slows sometimes...???

normally hdd allocation is smt. 40-80 mb/s,

it is 5-10, in this mcp51 (pata) controller. :(

so we have another , good sil3132 onboard, or buy this card...(20-30$)...(bios should be satalink, basebios, bxxx, read at silicon image s site...)

then install, sil31xx driver from its web page... (when you were on pata...)

so , we now have a pata hdd, installed osx, and driver inside (sil31xx)...

either connect yours pata hdd to sil31xx, (as 31xx is sata, u may buy a convertor (10$) to connect a pata hdd to sata port...)

boot from sil31xx...thats all, now you have normal hdd allocation....60 mb/s....

or else, clone this pata hdd to a sata one...(1 to 1 hdd clone) and connect the cloned sata hdd to sil31xx directly, boot from it....ok.

probably you ll have some perf. things if you stay wt. this pata hdd on mcp51 port (pata output of nfore series...) if u dont connect to sil.

i think in time (osx 10.5.x, they may have positive things done for this nvidia chipset...) to inc. perf. of hdd.

But there is a chance to read from the others sata onboard...? all my things are on them. And what you think about an external box sata.. (i saw an amazing CoolerMaster black) it's speedy enough to run osx?

verify permissions...

But there is a chance to read from the others sata onboard...? all my things are on them. And what you think about an external box sata.. (i saw an amazing CoolerMaster black) it's speedy enough to run osx?

"...But there is a chance to read from the others sata onboard...?..."

read, ok.... write, problematic; ... in time new drv. will be written, but i dont like nforce chipsets for linux-solaris-frebsd-macos- etc...

simply they are for MS series (windowz)...

yep, u may boot from the onboard sata...

it depends on "which sata controller?" is it on the mainboard?

for osx, ich6-7-8, on intel based , hdd controller types, macosx has the natural driver, ok, lucky... (intel mb , core duo, etc...)

but for mcp5x, nf3-4-5-6, nvidia, for amd, we r having so much difficulties on the hdd controllers, mac os dont have natural drivers, or had great problems...:(

you r unlucky if only have one sata controller, lets say it is nforce4, lets say... 4 of this sata outputs are the same, (nf4 controls 'em)

also some mb. may have a second (even third) hdd controller (sata)...

for asus, m2n32.... series, it is a sil3132, one inside, on the mb., and the other is at the back,near com port, it is an "esata" :)

lucky for this, as i may stick a multiplier card, and connect 5 hdd s to this port...(esata); just like normal sata, it only is connected

to a large 1-2 mt cable to the hdd... (future of usb hdd enclosures)

for intel based mb, 2. controller may be a jmicron...?

it doesnt matter, if it is internal sata, external sata(L shaped), or esata (I shaped),

the thing is macos has driver for this controller(sil), so u may boot from any of it!

ps: "...And what you think about an external box sata.."

i have 1 esata output at the back of mb.

+ 2 esata (from pci-e card of sil3132), it is either 2 ports internal or 2 ports esata (4 ports on it, you ll select 2 of em by jumpers)...

+ 2 esata from pci 3124 card...; it is a 4 total output, 2 of em int. sata, and 2 esata...

so; i have 5 ports esata...

all of sil based drivers, may boot from any of em... :)

(but be careful if you connect some western digital hdd, it has issues...)

At the moment i couldn't see my n590 sata at all..

I connected one of the HD sata on the sil3132 and all was ok.

I can't understand how to read from the n590 sata controller... do i need some kexts more like appleata or so on?

Thanks in advance waters...

At the moment i couldn't see my n590 sata at all..

I connected one of the HD sata on the sil3132 and all was ok.

I can't understand how to read from the n590 sata controller... do i need some kexts more like appleata or so on?

Thanks in advance waters...

while u r in your osx, search at the forum the file ="AppleNForceata.kext" on the Safari :)

i am now, in other system, cant give the exact location of this file...:)

this file should be the newest; February-March...version... get info...Sunday it must be, not Saturday version ...!

the older one resets; Kernel panic!

there was a topic about this nforce...find it...

put the file; into extensions folder, make the kext things, sudo...wheel, etc...

after restart, it ll(macos) detect the satas connected to n5xxx,

you may still, boot from sil31xx, or nf5xxx...

but, nf5xxx lacks alittle bit...yet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: this is the forum for nforce sata

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...eNForceata.kext

im attaching kext,

unzip, put it into /System/Library/Extensions folder.... ; u should have admin rights...

(it is good to back up the old one, if u have the same file already inside...)

from terminal, write

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceata.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceata.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

restart,....it ll rescan extensios...wait...

now u may see the nf590 sata hdd s , attached...

and may also boot from them, if you connect yours sata and boot from n590 sata output...

(it is probable to be a "Kernel Panic"..., if so, delete the file, put the old one if needed...) try the newest *.kext...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

another shot of mac osx 10.4.9, mb: Asus m2n32sli-deluxe, amd 64 am2 4200+ , 4 gigs of Corsair, nvidia 7xxx series, quartz enabled,

adi1988b voice ok, rtl 8187 wireless ok, fw(TI), usb ok,(marvellalaska 2 eth. still problems), so rtl 8169 ok, nf590 satas, sil 3132 and 3124 satas,

many other hdds and cards...bt 878 in itv ok...

inside vmware fusion, osx 10.4.8, 1 gb, have sound and eth, but no usb yet:)

another vmware fusion, windoz xp, 1 gb, sound, eth. ok, have directx8 support, so i can watch divx inside it :)

AppleNForceATA.kext.zip

post-72879-1177633291_thumb.jpg

I guess I will just pick up one of these SATA PCI Express cards and try booting it with my SATA drive.

*Crosses Fingers*

good luck!

it must be a SataLink one , not SataRaid!

(u may change em if u have a flashable bios...)

down is a picture;

first one; sil 3124, it is SataRaid (it doesnt matter on this one, mac can see raid or link...) 1 hdd is connected; 3 WD... other 3 ports are empty...

second one is a sil 3132 , a SataRaid (Yours must not be this, as mac cant see and boot from this one), no hdd s connected, as it only accepts two hdds connected in raid set...

third one is the true one; (onboard sil3132 Link bios)/ or pci card, it can boot macos... 2 hdd s on it...

post-72879-1177649475_thumb.jpg

after u flash the sil 3124 bios to 6.4.09,

it integrates into mainboard bios, controllable and bootable from mb... i got surprised :D

as you may see,

scsi-0 wdc 320 was not there before, it simply integrated to mb. after the bios update

so, asus and sil, somehow made it!

post-72879-1177649752_thumb.jpg

You are great!!! thanks in advance.

Next days i'll receive my new external Sata box and i'll try all..

no news about audio integrated.. only output with this soundmax 1988b...?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried the new tubgirl's release 1049_AMD_PPF ? on release notes there is

"You'll get 10.4.9 + netkas universal sse3/sse2 kernel + secupdate-04 + iTunes 7.1.1 + QuickTime7.1.6 + Java Release5 5.0

THE CPU IN ABOUT THIS MAC SHOWS UP AS A CORE2 LIVE WITH IT

SATA DOESN'T WORK on nF430/MCP51 USE PATA

NVIDIA 512MB CARDS DON'T WORK / NVIDIA 8xxx DOESNT WORK 

ATI SUPPORT IS VERY EXPERIMENTAL, YOU'LL PROLLY GET BETTER LUCK WITH NVIDIA"

Sil3132 and mcp55 will still work with it? maybe i'll try after an image backup... :hysterical: