Curiosity about SATA and osx86?

What if:

1. I installed to an IDE drive.

2. Got my SATA drives installed

3. Booted with F8 -V -X?

Ghosted to the SATA drive?

:(

Or then my device ID is incorrect?

So far I get gray booting and each experiment takes 2 hours with unlimited possibilities = 400 hours lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've got an Asus M2N32 Sli Deluxe motherboard.

I installed Uphuck 10.4.9 DVD 1.2 to a PATA drive, all is OK.

I can see my SATA drives attached to sil controler in OSX, they show as external drives.

I cloned my PATA drive to a SATA one (connected on the sil 3132 controler) with Carbon Copy Cloner, copy was OK but I can't boot from it : When I choose the SATA drive in boot menu OSX boots but in fact it boots from the PATA drive. If I unplug the PATA drive and choose the SATA one on the boot menu OSX doesn't boot.

How can I have OSX to boot from the SATA drive with the PATA one unplugged ???

Maybe carbon copy cloner is not the good thing to clone my drive ? If so, how can I clone it correctly to boot from SATA ??

Thanks for help

I don't understand why but i can now boot from my SATA drive, I took the chain0 file and copied it to my win dir and made the changes in boot.ini

After reboot I had the bootloader from XP asking me for which system i want to boot, i choosed OSX and it went on my SATA drive (IDE drive was still in the machine)

The thing I don't understand is why when I choose from wich drive to boot from bios it doesn't work..

• 4 weeks later...

hey just curious,

would this work my asus m2n-sli deluxe motherboard? i havent had any luck getting osx to run on it :), and also which dvd would you recommend for it? atm im acquiring the Uphuck 1.3 release so i hope this will work.

any feedback is appreciated

• 4 weeks later...