Apple TV - What we know so far.

Swad

60 posts in this topic

maybe this is just a look into the future of 10.5. maybe you apple has gotten smart and listened to our cries and have made osx pc friendly? since the atv supports sse2 maybe 10.5 will too. :2cents:

I very much doubt it as new cpus have sse4 and most of todays have sse3, they will not make sse2 only system for sure...

OK, so in the wiki section of awkwardtv there is a part talking about .vob files playing in VLC with 5.1 sound, though there isn't an explanation of how to do so. I'm not sure how to get VLC up and going, and therefore I don't have a clue, I didn't see anything pointing to it on the wiki.

I suppose it would be nice to wait for the menu hacks (sabretooth) to add something that would allow the launch of VLC and make it look good.

For those that have seen me bitching here [sorry] I want my 5.1 sound. I want it now :). I'll be willing to dig around and try what I must to get this working...by either using VLC and playing the .vob files, or trying new solutions in iTunes. I will be able to guinea pig myself as soon as I have it plugged into my TV, which BTW, it arrived today...Ordered Monday, express shipping ($10 from apple), left China yesterday, arrived at my door today (FED EX ROCKS!!!!) I'll go and start playing after my calc class tonight. I'll have it apart by tomorrow night.

I was thinking that the codec pack linked on the awkwardtv page would be a good place to start, seeing as how it has the AC3 codec... thoughts?

joneSi

• 3 months later...

Say you’ve downloaded Cars from iTunes. Instead of watching it on your computer, wirelessly sync the flick to Apple TV.Then pull up a seat, put up your feet, and play your movie on TV. Give yourself a hand: You’ve just changed theway you watch digital media.

www.mp4-converter.net/apple-tv-converter/

• 1 year later...