Stay Tuned Folks

SaberSHO

38 posts in this topic

yeah..that`s sad ;) . Anyway i guess that we cannot direct drive the cpu clock or the multiplier somehow....let`s say for rxample a powerstate with multiplier 5x (1GHz) instead of 4x (800 MHz), or to fix that bug somehow...Is there a chance that a future OS update to fix it and allow lower powerstates? That would be useful for real macs too, i think, they really have issues with heat and battery life...

afaik and from what i've understood from the discussions between neill ( who did the original acpicputhrottle ) and the forum the problem lies not in apci or direct drive, but in the fact that mac os uses the cpu clock to calculate the duration of some timers that determine the behavior of the GUI and with clocks lower than 1 ghz the algorithm used by apple is severely messed up due to some thing that has to do with a multiplication of something with something else and a factor "20".

well, i THINK i remember that way. if you are interested, search all the posts by neill douglas, but it was clear at the time that either apple could fix it or it would not be possible to have powerstates below 1 ghz.

I understand now. Thank you a lot for your patience :) Seems like i have to stay with the cpu at full thrust or alternatively disable one core for 30 mins of battery life :censored2:. After all this is what makes the system so fast comparatively to windoze :censored2: Hope i woun't burn anything, it's a laptop tough

I understand now. Thank you a lot for your patience ;) Seems like i have to stay with the cpu at full thrust or alternatively disable one core for 30 mins of battery life :P . After all this is what makes the system so fast comparatively to windoze :) Hope i woun't burn anything, it's a laptop tough

dome, i can refer you to http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...2865&st=180

the problem i told you about above doesn't seem to exist in that extend anymore, i got a acpicputhrottle.kext with all states enabled and besides choppy audio and somewhat slower UI-Animations ( just a little slower, no great annoyance ) when below the max frequency it works. it's a tradeoff between battery time when on-the-go and audio performance that i'm willing to make.

maybe read the last posts of that topic and send me a PM for the kext, even if i can't assure you that it will work for AMD cpus.

And now we have a 8.9.1 sse2 speedstep kernel and it is working!

Only the new cputhrottler application missing :rolleyes:

i'm sorry, i can't find link for 8.9.1 sse2 speedstep kernel... If its not diffucult to you, can you show place of that candy )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...