Updates from Apple

OverCool

12 posts in this topic

If I had £1 for every time that question gets asked, i'd have a Mac Pro by now :)

Certain updates are ok to install on hackintosh machines, but core OS updates and security updates can cause breakages. Best to search this forum for the name of the update before installing.

Well, if you have only gotten them after the update, then yes it certainly be that :D

I totally screwed up my system a few nights ago when I couldn't resist trying if the updates worked :D Also screwed up my Office 2004 with running updates :P

Dang! I thought windows updates are bad :P hahaha

Ok so no more updating for me, but it is tempting :euro: its like a shiny coin on the ground, and it draws you in and then you go to pick it up, and on the other side of it, its covered in dog poo :P

Dice :euro:

Edited by Dicenet

If I had 1 € for everytime Munky uttered the words : "If I had £1 for every time that question gets asked, i'd have a Mac Pro by now smile.gif" I'd have a Mac pro by now :P

Ok, where can you get a Mac Pro for two euro?? I might even buy two... :)

I didnt think anyone would notice if i reused that joke, but hey ho, you caught me...

Oh just an update from me... it was the stupid Updates that was not letting me boot. Also when I installed this time I installed without my network card and it gave me different options like location and other things, when I was setting up my account. kinda wierd.

Anyway it working now... so moral of the story, Im not doing the updates :P

Dice B)

Just watch out for ones that update the Core Updates. I got the daylight ones and the X11 update just fine. I hadn't done any of the security updates yet (one is Quicktime and other is core plus man others) out of fear of not booting back up. ha.

If I had £1 for every time that question gets asked, i'd have a Mac Pro by now B)

Certain updates are ok to install on hackintosh machines, but core OS updates and security updates can cause breakages. Best to search this forum for the name of the update before installing.

Oh really? I did an update that also had security issues.. I had no problem thank god !