[Solved?] ENE CB1410 -Building IOPCCardFamily.kext... (or porting pcmcia-cs) help?

ergosteur

34 posts in this topic

Apparently the ENE CB1410 is working in Leopard and Tiger. see here:

Leopard:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81036

Tiger:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81048

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...id=515566

for those who have cardbus with ene cb1410 or its clone, i'd like to inform you that finally i am able to make that cardbus run under hackintosh thanks to TS and matt-hieu ergosteur for the required info.

QUOTE(matt-hieu ergosteur @ Feb 5 2007, 06:13 AM) post_snapback.gif... ene CB1410. apparently it's a "clone" of the TI1250 ...

here what have i done,

i follow TS steps as on the first post (i didn't do the third step though) and for the fourth step i do the replacement of the ID of the TI1250 with ENE CB1410 which is pairwise reversed

4C 10 16 AC with 24 15 10 14 (there will be only one replacement)

then VIOLA the card will be recognized ( i dont care it recognized as TI1250, the important thing is, it worked!!)

Here is the driver that works for me...

Attached File(s) zip.gif IOPCCardFamily.kext.ene.cb1410.barbie.zip ( 152.79K )

hi

i was wondering if anyone has had any success in building IOPCCardFamily.kext with Xcode 2.4.1. when I try (without any modification) i get this error:

picture1mv9.png

i'm using the source from http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4.8.x86/

help please? i'm trying to get an ENE CB1410 to work.

alternatively, i'm trying to port the pcmcia-cs driver (http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net), which already has ENE CB working.

Edited by ergosteur

bump!

by the way, i noticed i didn't include a screenshot. i get 3 build errors, something to do with a timer not being defined. has anyone compiled the iopccardfamily before?

Edited by matt-hieu ergosteur

bump!

by the way, i noticed i didn't include a screenshot. i get 3 build errors, something to do with a timer not being defined. has anyone compiled the iopccardfamily before?

the build errors screenshot:

post-61083-1172722684_thumb.png

hi!

have you made any progress on the ene 1410? i have got one too... if you need any help drop me a private message, maybe i can help.. i'd surely like to :D

so as I said in my PM, you could help by trying to build Apple's driver from the URL in the first post. I don't know if you might have more experience in C or Xcode or maybe just better luck so please try it and see if you get the same errors.

Ill try and build the driver on my friend's macbook, incase it won't build because of the modified kernel.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I succed compiled IPCCard to try make my O2Micro cardBus working

So here are my modifications:

void

IOPCCardAddTimer(struct timer_list * timer)

{

uint64_t deadline;

clock_interval_to_deadline(timer->expires, NSEC_PER_SEC / HZ, &deadline);

//thread_call_func_delayed(timerFunnel, (void *)timer, deadline);

thread_call_enter1_delayed(thread_call_allocate((thread_call_func_t)timerFunnel,

thread_call_param_t)NULL), (void *)timer, deadline);

}

int

IOPCCardDeleteTimer(struct timer_list * timer)

{

return (int)thread_call_cancel(thread_call_allocate((thread_call_func_t)timerFunnel,(th

ead_call_param_t)NULL));

}

with this, it compile but my O2micro donc work anymore..

Hi

Doesn't O2micro work natively in OSX 10.4.8 without modifications? if you look at the IOPCCardFamily source, there is already a o2micro module (http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4.8.x86/IOPCCardFamily-46/modules/o2micro.h). For those of us with ENE, however, there is no ene.c module. (there is an ene.c in pcmcia-cs source). Would anyone know how to add that one extra module to the IOPCCardFamily driver?

also one odd thing i found:

the version of o2micro.h in IOPCCardfamily is

* o2micro.h 1.17 2000/06/12 21:29:37

in the last pcmcia-cs, it is

* o2micro.h 1.20 2002/03/03 14:16:57

the ene.h version in pcmcia-cs is:

* ene.h 1.2 2001/08/24 12:15:33

and as for ti113x.h it's:

* ti113x.h 1.32 2003/02/13 06:28:09

in BOTH IOPCCardFamily and pcmcia-cs

so Apple deliberately put in an old version of o2micro.h, and deliberately removed the ene.h. why?

gogetta, maybe you could try replacing the o2micro.h from IOPCCardFamily with the one from pcmcia-cs, then building the kext. if you try it, please tell us if it works

Edited by matt-hieu ergosteur

• 3 weeks later...

Hehe, I wish I had time to look into it - I found my WiFi card was supported, then realised my cardbus controller wasn't, haha. I hope a nice person publically releases any driver builds they've completed at some point :]

I would love to contribute in this project.

The IOPCCard is the only thing giving me a kernel panic when i enable both cores.

When i delete the kext, there's no problem at all.

Now i believe this kext is the one that makes the cardreader work. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

I don't know much about coding, but pointing me in the right direction will do.

Im on an HP ZD7000 laptop and have a CB710 ENE spec cardbus controller.. It works perfectly under Debian arch GNU linux, but I just cant seem to make this thing works in JaS OS. I too would like to contribute anything I can to this project... please keep this string alive.

well, for me this project is temporarily on hold, because I've got exams in two weeks. i'll probably be back at work on it during the last week of may. everyone else, please keep it up, and post results!

-M

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi

So here are my modifications:

void

{

uint64_t deadline;

//thread_call_func_delayed(timerFunnel, (void *)timer, deadline);

thread_call_enter1_delayed(thread_call_allocate((thread_call_func_t)timerFunnel,

thread_call_param_t)NULL), (void *)timer, deadline);

}

int

{

return (int)thread_call_cancel(thread_call_allocate((thread_call_func_t)timerFunnel,(th

ead_call_param_t)NULL));

}

with this, it compile but my O2micro donc work anymore..

Have you tried perhaps,

void
{
 uint64_t			deadline;

thread_call_enter1_delayed(thread_call_allocate((thread_call_func_t)timerFunnel,(thread_call_param_t)timer),NULL, deadline);
}

int
{
 return (int)thread_call_cancel(thread_call_allocate((thread_call_func_t)timerFunnel,(thread_call_param_t)timer));
}

the thread entry function timerFunnel() takes two parameters, but only uses the first.

• 2 months later...

I´ve the same problem on my Toshiba A30-714.

If insert Belking G+ nothings happens.

I think that´s the cardbus CB1410.

I can´te believe there is not a fix yet... Toshiba, acer, etc has been using this chipset...

... and in linux work perfect! (pcmcia-cs).

Cheers to all programmers!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Any progress?

I too have a ene card bus on my acer 5610Z (ENE 712/714/810) please let me know if you are able to get it to work.

Thanks!

I have the same cardbus in my Fujitsu AmiloPro.

Do anybody have any news about progress ?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

same problem here... acer travelmate 8215wlhi.

o2micro controller has pcmcia bus and firewire shared. (this notebook has 1 standard pcmcia slot and 1 express card)

so no firewire and pcmcia working.

has some1 a working kext to use at least pcmcia bus (maybe disabling firewire)?

regards

bump!

I have been trying the same, but my programming skills are too much lacking in order to be of any real use.

Would be nice to get that pcmcia working as 'native' airport with Linksys cards would be in store.

I was lucky enough to get my 2200 Wifi working with the Wifi driver though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...