Coming Soon: Install Guide for x200 users

mchouin

158 posts in this topic

I've allocated as much bandwidth as I can for this torrent. I do throttle my bandwidth during the week so there may be times you drop to 0 kbps. I run full open at nights so I would suggest that be when you leave your torrent app running.

I really hope this makes installation much easier for everyone. As I said, this boots native for me, there is no need for VMWare at all.

This work om ati radeon xpress 1100???

I Have a ACER ASPIRE 3100 WITH ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100

also i have a jas 10.4.8 amd. intel

this distro install fine but at the moment of boot i have diskarb errors and the patcher not work (./patcher 1048_amd_new.txt)

why osx regonize my ati 1100 for ati 200??

Thanxs for all

:star_smile:

Robbie,

The problem is I don't know exactly which distro this is. I have renamed it and applied a PPF since I originally downloaded it. All I know is that I can boot natively to install, no VMWare needed. That is the whole reason I am uploading this torrent. It is the only way I know of (without downloading 3 or 4 iso's myself) to give all the x200 folks something that installs easily and that we can all use as a base line.

ok im getting a weird error i installed osx and now when i boot it says Intel UNDI PXE-2.0

For realtek RTL 8139 PCi fast ehternet controller v2.13

media test failure check cable

exiting PXE ROM and just keeps doing that over and over

That has nothing to do with OS X. Your BIOS is not finding anything it considers bootable and is trying to boot from LAN.

Usually in BIOS you can set device boot order. For example mine goes DVD->Hard Drive->USB->LAN.

That means my bios first looks for something bootable on my DVD drive, then my hard drive, then on USB. Finally it will look for a network device broadcasting a bootable image. This is used in the corporate environment to assist in deployment of new computers.