Fujitsu T-421X TabletPC

135 posts in this topic

Even though there’s no cover for the screen, it seems sturdy and strong, but you’ll probably want to get a sleeve for it. On the preproduction model I used, I couldn’t rotate the image on the ModBook’s display from landscape to portrait mode—Apple’s built-in hardware supports screen rotation for external displays, but not internal ones. But Axiotron is working on a software patch that should remedy the situation by the time the ModBook ships.

Just read this on the Macworld First Look. If we could get a hold of that, rotation fixed, without having to build a special display driver! Maybe worth emailing Axiotron?

Tried the good old fashioned Plist hack on the PCI bus by replacing PNP0A03 with PNP0A08 which was listed in device manager in the plugins of AppleACPIPlatform. Both have the same issue, which leads me to believe that it's not actually using them at all. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Currently fixed from default install:

ACPI,

Ethernet,

Audio Out, (Taruga's HDA Patcher in Driver section - 1st post all you need)

QE/CI/OGL3D,

Wacom Pen Display,

Currently broken and in progress:

APM in 8.8.1 and 8.9.1 kernels (Needed for Audio) - This is an issue that needs to be fixed in Kernel by the core hackers,

PCI bus stops enumerating when it gets to port 3 (empty) Wifi is on Port 5 and the O2Micro devices (SD and CB) are on Port 8. We don't know what the problem is yet although the source code of the PCI driver is available and being studied.

FingerPrint sensor seems detected and supported, but there is no control sotware.

Button Panel does not work and will need a scratchbuilt driver - unlikely unless it shares format with button panels on other systems..

Audio input (Socket and Microphones) do not work and Taruga seems to have stopped updating although I may be wrong. Internal speakers do not disengage when external socket is filled - although there is still output.

Smart Card reader and SDHC/MS SCSI adaptor are untested.

Cardbus is untested, but should work.

Atheros version will have native wifi support. Intel chip has no driver - You will need to replace the card. Instructions (No warranty) are given somewhere in the brief 6 page thread.

The Modem is part of the Audio codec (Sigmatel HDAModem) but the controller is standalone. Unless these are popular on other devices it is unlikely a driver will be created.

This has been said several times, but people just DON'T read through threads.

If anyone has a T4010, T4210, or T4215 then you may be able to help - especially if you have any coding experience.

The issue here is with the Standard 82801 Intel PCI bus that is the same on almost every intel based notebook. It is failing to enumerate after a gap in the bus numbers. If anyone has an intel notebook with Missing device syndrome, it may be the same issue.

Have finally succeded in updating to a full 10.4.9 install. As far as I can see, no change. No additional hardware support - Although I haven't tried APM (Sleep resume) yet.

What are Apple playing at closing the 10.4.9 source? I've spent this whole time on MacOS X because I'm waiting for a new Darwin binary that supports ANY hardware - And now they're abandoning it? So no joy in ever having a working TabletPC under an Apple OS.

Another update on research progress - I'm doing them 5 minutely it seems!

I'm trying to get hold of information regarding the button panel or source code for the driver so I can create a Linux variant and a Darwin variant. Should be fun. The guy on the end of the phone sounds a little surprised and confused, but hey: I have that effect on everyone.

No, apparently it's "Licensed software" hmmm: Makes you wonder, doesn't it!

Will have a dig in Bleghdows XP and see if I can work out the attachment point and control chip. I think it's the bevice named BTNS attached to LPCB@1F - But Windows may provide more info.

ICH7-M LPC Interface 27B9

FUJ02BF

IO: FD70 - FD7F

IRQ5

The fact that Vista seems to be able to control these directly would suggest a very simple interface. Maybe as simple as listening to that location and waiting for signals? With 5 buttons, shouldn't be too hard to decode the data from them.

Um. Anyone want to suggest how to listen to that data port?

Well, I'm a new hackintosh dabbler with a T4210. I doubt I'll be much help, but just wanted to let everyone that their comments have been useful and that I'm sure I'll be around bugging people for support as my first OS X machine is installing currently. If anyone has any more up-to-date discoveries, please keep them posted. Thanks for all the discussion.

So I've gotten power management, ethernet, and tablet fuctionality all going smoothly now. Thanks for all the hints. If anyone would like to message me the OpenGL and audio fixes that were figured out, that'd be great. (dan (dot!) helm (a.t!) ou (dot!!) edu).

Hello Everyone

Please help me Ferret-simpson, Khashoggi, Rex, Scott Lahteine

I'm new to MacOS X world, But was interested in installing JaS 10.4.7 (Using 8.4.1 Kernel) on my fujitsu T4210. Installation was fine no issues with video/graphics . These are post installation issues

1. Both Ethernet as well as Wireless don't work

2. No Audio :thumbsup_anim:

I'm right now not worried about Wacom and other stuff. Please Please help me guys

Please Send me required kext's or drivers to fizzistuff@yahoo.com

Waiting for your email's :tomato:

Ok, the file has been uploaded, here's the link.

Point in note:

Intel wireless will not work, and may never do - although there is a driver in progress.

Before ANY wireless will work, we need to fix the PCI driver, and as much as I'm trying, I'm not a great coder.

http://www.infantilesuperstition.com/T421X%20System.zip

for APM, you need to disable hibernate mode.

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

and please note, the above zip file IS FOR 10.4.9 ONLY. NOT 10.4.8, OR ANYTHING BELOW IT.

You should also be using the Darwin 8.9.1 kernel that can be garnered from irc.osx86.hu

The R3D3 kext needed for 10.4.9 is also in there. Install 10.4.8, then once 10.4.9 has been installed, but before you reboot, install the files above and do the usual extension cache clearing and Permissions repair.

All offers to help test code are appreciated, but I'm not managing to create any code as of yet so to be honest, I need developers more than testers. All the information I have, plus the xcode project to build the PCI driver are in that zip file.

I have also added these aditional applications.

Jarnal - a Java notetaking program, similar and superior to Windows Journal. Saves to .jaj files, which are Zip archives of .svg graphics files, one for each page. It also does PDF annotation. Best of all, it's free.

TabletMagic - this is the control driver for the WACOM. Very good sotware. GPL software from Scott. Worship him. Then donate.

Seashore - Not a great application, it's based on an ancient version of GIMP, but it's a fully working Aqua drawing program, which supports Touch Sensitivity from the onboard WACOM.

Finally, VirtualKeyboard - This is an $18 shareware app, and you really should buy it - It doesn't support Login Window password entry, but it's invaluable once you are at your desktop. KeyboardViewer in OS X doesn't allow you to use modifier keys from the screen. VirtualKeyboard does, and since all similar OS X apps cost around $200-$500 it is a very good thing to buy.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Any progress with getting the PCMCIA port and the internal miniPCI Express slot to work yet?

I have a Fujitsu Siemens S7110 and am having the same problems with the ports not enumerating. I think thats whats wrong atleast. Any way I can confirm this? I have a DW1390 in the mini pci express slot, and have tried a Netgear PCMCIA card in the PCMCIA slot. After much messing around with kexts I gave up as the cards just weren't being detected.

Thanks

-Chris

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to disappoint you guys but I don't have the time, patience or expertise to continue working on this.

The new version of Ubuntu linux has near perfect support for the T4210 (Not Fingerprint, Drive removal, Microphone, screen button panel, autorotate.) so I no longer need to use Windows. I first started using MacOS because I hated using Windows but linux wouldn't work on the tablet. Now that it does, I have less use for OS X, and repairing its faults is no longer a big concern for me. I am going to assume a similar story for Khashoggi and Rex - Who'se dissapearance earlier this year was a major factor in me discontinuing my work.

• 1 month later...

Have attempted to post linux source code for the tablet buttons to forum but failed. If anyone wants it and promises to upload it once I've given it to you, IM me.

Clearly no-one else has any time for the PCI bus either.

If anyone wants a reccomendation, Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn (7.04) works well on the T.

Wacom is supported if you install setserial and configure the ports manually.

Audio out is fine, in is no go. Modem untested.

SD/MMC works. Cardbus works. Wifi works.

Partial button support can be had with the fjbtndrv driver, which is the code I was trying to post, and trying to modify.

have fun!

• 1 month later...

More on my previous post about Kubuntu. . .I now have screen autorotation working and full button support (Via fsc_btns, the replacement for fjbtns on sourceforge.)

Dvd playback is also good. The sound input is still borked, and there's no video out. Smart card should theoretically be possible but fingerprint has no driver.

• 1 month later...

Hmm. Will be trying out the PC_EFI patch in the near future, with 10.5.1:

Also, I'm wondering about using the native Airport Cards - The actual ones sold bythe Apple Spares department, in particular: The Mac Pro cards.

They're Twin Aerial, Mini PCI-E cards. I'm wondering about the EFI-non-EFI issue, but for £30, ($50 ) it's probably worth a try.

• 3 months later...
Having played with khashoggi's driver for a bit, all i can say is that i'm pretty happy with everything.

With a little help from TabletMagic i got Inkwell to work as it should.

All you have to do is install TabletMagic - > go into Extras tab -> click Enagle Ink.

Then go into System Preferences -> Ink -> Enable handwriting recognition.

I can't imagine it wouldn't be working on any other tablet pc.

So, at the end of the day i got a fully functional MACTABLET with the exception of:

1. No Calibration - the default one's good enough for now.

2. No Pressure Sensitivity settings and some others available in Wacom App/Driver

3. No Hardware Tablet Button support - shouldn't be a problem if you're using XFree, but definitely needs to be looked at.

Now we need to rename this thread to something less obscure and get the masses in.

Also, would be interesting to find out if there's a way of internally converting our serial port to a virtual USB one so that Wacom driver detects it

And the last thing - there have been a couple of tablet pc releases with USB digitizers (like, say, Asus R1F). I'd like to hear some feed back on the situation there.

Great Work!!!

To all hackers crackers and midnight snackers,

I want to thank everyone that posted on this forum for pioneering untamed frontiers as you have all helped me get my TC4200 fully functional. My first tablet... thanks guys this is cool for tactile control... awesome job all of you! I still cant beleive apple didnt release a tablet this year... oh no that sure wouldnt be the coolest thing for all the audiophiles and artists that helped keep them aloft through the {censored} hardware years.

Im going to try the Asus R2H with a 1.8" ssd as soon as I can get a 32 or 64GB. Ive had 10.4.6 patched running on the drive the r2 comes with but its hella slow... of course osx still boots quicker on it than xp or vista. Ill post some actual detailed results when I get some solid state action happening.

Anyone know if Axiotron actually has functional sirfstar based gps software floating about for their tablets? Something patchable perhaps?

Thanks again Par and all for everything... and may the Force be with you!

midireebs(ultimate party dance now borat style)

• 4 weeks later...
YeH. . . I know how to edit a plist. . . So yours behaves differently. As I said, the double compressed file wouldn't unzip, could you upload a .zip so I can have alook at the difference between out plists?

My kext:

wouldn't work on .8 or .6

Hey guys,

I got my TC4200 HP working w/ 10.4.8 and w/ tabletmagic and the serial driver and such but ive discovered that if I boot up without the ac power plugged in, then go to tabletmagic and enable the daemon it will not recognize the tablet. If I boot up w/ ac power plugged in and go to tabletmagic and enable it works... (?)... weird. Can anyone else w/ an HP TC4200 tell me if they can boot from battery and still get the tablet portion enabled?

Thx as always,

midireebs

• 1 month later...

Hi all -

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.11 on my T4210 tablet, and something strange, but good, has happened. After installing the iwiDarwin made for Mac OS X 10.5 the sound suddenly started working...

Makes you think that the sound and internet problems may be related to each other...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ok,

Iatkos 10.5.4 is installed on my T4215. Digitizer works well. The only thing is that booting takes very very long. It stays quite long on a blue screen before it ends booting. When its booted system runs fast and well. Any ideas? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...