The Road to KDE 4: Full Mac OS X Support

Alessandro17

21 posts in this topic

Why? OS X and it's interface is a big part of what makes OS X, well, OS X. It has been copied so many times. I don't see why you would get rid of it for the KDE environment when KDE just tries to be like Windows.

It is not so much about the interface, but rather about the applications.

OS X: The Ultimate Linux Platform :(

1)Not so odd: OS X is a *nix OS after all.

2)Not a bad thing at all, if OS X can attract Linux users as well (and it does, in fact. For many starting with Linux and moving to OS X is quite a normal thing to do. What is odd, but it does happen, is going back to Windows after years of Linux experience)

1)Not so odd: OS X is a *nix OS after all.

2)Not a bad thing at all, if OS X can attract Linux users as well (and it does, in fact. For many starting with Linux and moving to OS X is quite a normal thing to do. What is odd, but it does happen, is going back to Windows after years of Linux experience)

I do not disagree with these points, it is just somewhat amusing that's all.

To me putting a Linux GUI on top of OS X takes away from it. If you want KDE or Gnome, use Linux. it is designed for Linux. I think the addition of KDE apps on OS X may cause issues. Just my opinion, but if you want Linux use Linux. Just like many tell Windows and Linux users to quit doing GUI changes to make it look like OSX, just use OS X or OSX86. Not griping, just talking....

This is kinda old news to me because I've had and used the Everything package for about a month or so. The Apps are the only KDE part, the file is over a gig and it does install stuff all over the place. It seemed to run ok but I didn't really get to in depth with it because I've always hated kde, but I do use a couple of kde apps in gnome.