install izotope plugin in 10.4.8

bluetoy

17 posts in this topic

Hi, my system (P4 3.4 10.4.8 jas with kernel 8.8.1) looks very stable and I installed a lot of audio plugs with Logic Pro 7.2.3. The only trouble I found was when trying to install izotope plugins. As the authorization screen pop up there is no challenge code (only an empty line) so I can't go on registering the product. It works perfectly in the same hardware with 10.4.7 and in a G4 PPC with 10.4.8. I am asking if anybody here was successful installing those plugs (izotope radius and all the others) in a 10.4.8 hackintosh system and if there is something I can try to avoid this strange behaviour

Thanks for help.

BT

I had problems with it too. It would not let me type in my registration info. I would click in the fields and type away and nothing would appear (on Logic Express 7.2.3). Luckily, I have Cubase 4 Studio so I was able to authorize it through there even though it was the VST and not the AU, the authorization worked on both.

Maybe there is a free or demo AU host you can download and install just so you can authorize the plugin

I have Cubase 4 Studio so I was able to authorize it through there even though it was the VST and not the AU, the authorization worked on both.

So just to be clear.... I was unable to authorize it in Logic Express 7.2.3 but Authorizing it in Cubase 4 Studio allowed me to use it in BOTH app (Logic Express and Cubase 4)

• 8 months later...

Greetings,

I did find a slight work around. The problem seems to be the GenericAHCI driver reading the drives as (null). I particularly have a D975XBX1. This is an ICH7 board, however I would like to test out and see if the correct AHCI driver would remedy this problem forever.

Workaround:

I am definitely not a fan of this method because it reminds me of a dongle, but it'll work until we find something better

1. Find any USB flash drive and stick it in any port (hub included). USB works perfect because its handled by a completely different AHCI driver.

2. When the nagging authorize screen pops up, click the advanced arrow and select the USB flash drive.

A. You can select either store to disk or registry, its all the same

3. Click offline authorization, for those of us who use our own methods of authorization

4. You will then see a genuine challenge number.

5. The rest is up to you.

Hope this helps

Prof. Synthology

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings All,

After several days of researching, I have found that the correct AHCI driver did not remedy this issue. I am running Uphuck 1.4i R3. I was running JaS 10.4.8 (old DVD) and then updated to 10.4.9 and All Izotope plugins authorized just fine. Including on my AMD system, they are all go.

I reformatted with JaS 10.4.8 +PPF and all that other good stuff from a release over at the green demon. It too does not let me authorize Izotope plugins. Izotope claims that their authorization grabs data based on the hard drives internal serial number. I think Izotope has trouble reading this number in order to successfully generate the challenge code.

What seems to happen always is that the plugins will ask for authorization, and when you click "Offline" you can clearly see that the challenge code has way too many zero's in it to be authentic. Once entered into the Kay Gee and it does its thing, you enter the response code, and Izotope tells you it authorized successfully.

Everytime you open a new instance of the plugin you just authorized, it will always ask for authorization. Even if it was authorized successfully, so it says.

I have tried authorizing in Live 5.2, Logic 8, Logic 7.2.2, Rax 2, GarageBand.......just to name a few. In both VST and AU. Same thing keeps happening.

My goal is to have this authorized like its supposed to. Without a USB flash drive sticking out of it.

Hopefully someone out there who has solved this problem will find the time to enlighten us with a solution to this annoying authorization pop up screen. Particularly for Phatmatik Pro 1.52 UB - AU

Cheers

Greetings,

Finally a solution for the few audio guys who this may concern. This fix is for all Izotope Plugins. The AppleSMBios kext file must be updated if you are using any of uphuck's or JaS' latest. Under 10.4.9 an in some cases .8, the SMBios does not let certain plugins read the hard drive serial numbers. I updated my SMBios with Netkas found below. Keep in mind that I have 10.4.9 Uphuck 1.4i R3. And the SMbios update was flawless and all the plugins registered perfectly. Just in case anyone is wondering.

Cheers

Netkas SMBios

same problem here with izotope plugs...keeps asking for authorizations...would like to try netkas smbios but cant find anywhere to download... if i find it and install, im hesitant that it might spoil my setup...

help is very much appreciated here...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Logic 8 on 10.4.10 works fine. Same problem with Izotope plugins.

Tested with Parallels on the same PC to get Challenge ID.

I installed XP and VST Host + Phatmatik in VM.

Now I get the Host ID Code. But I think it's different to the

Host VM machine. So the resonse key isn't correct. :)

It was a trial. It's a pity.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

:unsure::):) yes it works.

I only updated my uphuck 10.4.10 system with

the macdotnub DVD with standard setting.

Now I see the ID number of the izotope AUs.

Thanks very much.

And now lets make music.

Greets,

Rubel

BTW With the 1.52 Update you get really REX/RX2 support.

• 1 month later...

Just another word of warning that the Netkas bios listed above screwed up my working install of JaS 10.4.8 updated to 10.4.9. It was fine on first restart but every boot afterwards got stuck with some sort of error involving "com.apple.nibindd" after the grey screen with the apple logo (I know nothing about unix/darwin etc.). I tried replacing the SMBios from a cloned backup, and that worked after the first restart, but once again every boot afterwards resulted in the same problem described above.

Cloning my backup onto my main system disk now. Back to authorising everytime until I bite the bullet with Mac.nub or something.

Bill.

I remember to all that some copy protections are working also looking on GUI partition.... for take and build the valid serial number many programs look on some devices... if missed something off course cant be auth.

So better always use guid if possible and efi off course.