usb printing

piers

22 posts in this topic

is anybody having difficulties;

a) printing via USB? viewing available printers on USB

:D loading print drivers? I cannot seam to load my canon drivers (MP750) in to the list. When attaching the USB printer to an Airport Expr, it is visable via Renezvous (I mean, Bonjour, yuck), but no matter what I do, I cannot load the drivers.

I have access to, and am using a Dev box

• 3 weeks later...
is anybody having difficulties;

a) printing via USB? viewing available printers on USB

:( loading print drivers? I cannot seam to load my canon drivers (MP750) in to the list. When attaching the USB printer to an Airport Expr, it is visable via Renezvous (I mean, Bonjour, yuck), but no matter what I do, I cannot load the drivers.

I have access to, and am using a Dev box

I Know Its Been Ages since this thread was created, im having the same issue and wondering if someone has found the answer, i can see my usb printer, but no matter what i do i cant get the printer setup to recognise what model it is (yes ive installed the drivers) my printer is a PIXMA MP110

Thanks

I assume you read this topic on the wiki before posting this.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...B_printer_drive

because you wouldn't post a question withour trying to find the answer yourself first, now would you  :)

Hope this helps

Nah Beleive me i searched, but i see your searching skills are better than mine :)

Thanks

I read the wiki, but no luck even when using Rosetta...

I have an HP PSC 1600 all in one printer

I get "Error:-9672" when I try to add the printer using the "HP All-in-One 2.7.2" driver.

Anybody seen this before?

Printing is all i need to complete my mac experience ;)

Someone here has an epson printer? I've been trying to make my CX3650 work but it's been imposible. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Install OS X with all the EPSON printer drivers.

2. Launch "Printer Setup Utility", click on "add"

3. Usb printer detected. Me happy :D

4. Try to install my printer, but only "Apple" and "ESP" printer drivers where available, no epson. Me not so happy :)

5. Look around in Apple support site. Discovered that if you install all the printer drivers, then EPSON printers will also appear in the Printer Setup Utility. Did so.

6. Lots of printers appeared in the Printer Setup Utility, epson printers too, but my printer wasn't there...

7. Next try: install the PPC printer drivers and open Printer Setup Utility using rosetta

8. My printer still wasn't there...

9. Removed all the unneeded drivers from /Library/Printers, as they where taking a lot of space

10. Tried Printer Setup Utility once again, just in case, and turned out that ALL THE PRINTERS continued there, even if I had removed them...

So, here's my question (at last). How can you add/remove this printers to/from to the Printer Setup Utilty??

• 1 month later...
I have a hp deskjet 3845 and i am having the same problem... I get the same error when trying to use my InkJet 2.7.1 driver and the 900 driver doesnt work. Please help

My 3820 and 970 cxi Printers from HP works perfect with 9xx Beta Gimpdriver.

@blitzny

@opera

@hawkeye11

All of you having problems, why don't you please post your chipset. Some VIA chipset USBs don't work properly. If more users post their setup and problems at the same time, at least you have a chance of knowing what is NOT working.

You can find out the chipset from WinXP control panel, system, device manager. You can even get a print out to text if you have a text printer driver installed under WinXP (print to file option) so you can post the entire WinXP device ID & sub list.

I have a lexmark P915... It doesn't work, but is picked up when I run the printer settings thing in rosetta.... It says P910 Series.... But it won't add, gives me that Err0r -9672...

Like others, I can totally ditch windows if this worked...

I DO however have a VIA chipset, but my USB mouse works so... I dunno, please help...

I've got a HP PSC 1315v and have not had any success. The all in one driver will not work (same error as reported previously) and once i install the hp software for mac the all in one driver is no longer an option. Tried the deskjet 900, doesn't do anything. Trying to print a test page from the hp software makes the printer grab a sheet, but then spits it back out a few seconds later. Scanning with the hp software sounds like it is working, but then comes back with a communication error. I would really like to get at least printing up and running, but scanning would be an added bonus.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks