I've Got $300 from Christmas. Wii, X Box, or PS3?

Takuro

The best game console.  

39 members have voted

1. 1. If I had to blow all my Christmas money on one game console, which should it be?

• Save the $300, save up more money, and buy a PS3 when it becomes cheaper
    • Get a basic, bare-bones X-Box 360 (no hard drive)
    • Buy a Nintendo Wii and have money to spare

30 posts in this topic

i keep saying go with the 360 the change of firmware is sweet.

More specs here (XBox360 versus PS3:http://dpad.gotfrag.com/portal/story/35372/?cpage=1.

grab some beers and read it, because is way long but its the best specs review i ever seen.

Wii is gun but i think it will be more like the outsider competitor(meaning other market target).

greetings from Chile.

I haven't read anyone else's comments so excuse me if I'm being repetitive or going over said points.

Your Belkin router would be fine but you would nead an adapter for the 360. I think you can pick up the MS one for $100 and the one I use (which is fine) for 30$.

If you don't get the hard-drive for the 360 Live won't work. It requires too much space and such. So if you don't get an hd, dont worry about Live.

When comparing the three (I wasn't even aware the Wii had one) online networks, you have to consider Xbox Live has been around much longer. They have an awesome "marketplace" and everything is set up great. I remember reading how Sony was going to make the game developers provide the servers for each game which has major draw-backs. The Xbox has a few titles that do it that way. Most EA games I beleive provide their own servers, and my experiences with EA online usually seem to be lower than the rest (still fine though).

If it wasn't for online game play I would never have purchased a 360 or any other console. So bottom line based on my experiences, if you're gonig to spend the money, get something you won't get bored of such as single player games. Online game play really opens up the total amount of fun, therefore get the best online service.

Personally I would go with the wii, it's just more fun to play than the other consoles, me and my friends are constantly up until 5 in the morning playing wii bowling. The graphics aren't as good as the other two, but they are still good enough to make games immersive and don't detract from the gameplay one bit. I've always been a fan of nintendo, so you could say I am a little bit biased (about half of my 50-odd consoles are nintendo's). All I can say is that you will not be disappointed if you get a Wii.

get an used premium 360 if you like to play great games and like to play online

get an wii if you play alot with friends

get the ps3 if you want an blueray player - as of now the game lineup blows and it will for sure take a while to get going..

i would say the 360 offers the best value