[Pre-Release] macOS Ventura 13.1

Anto65
76 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Naki said:

Great news! :)

As someone else here said, 13.1 Beta is a good reason to "run away screaming" and disable Beta updates until at least June 2023 (or thereabouts). :D 
So, this is what I did here - 
Betas not for me anymore, for now. 

I am second

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, mboy said:

I now have a  stream of Background Items Added notifications after I updated to 13.1 beta.  anyone else have this issue?

Yes as reported by me and others so you're not alone. :yes:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Common_Sense said:

Any traces of RDNA3 in the GPU drivers in Ventura 13.1? Do you think Apple will offer drivers for 1 more generation, for all the people that bought expensive intel hardware a few years ago, and want to enjoy their macs for a little while longer? 

If your running 13.1 you can look in the os your self open the Mac drive  open 

System/Libary/Extentions. then  look in any related AMD Kexts. Contents/info.plist  look for matching RDNA3 device ids 

if you  see matching device ids the may be a chance.

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BALDY_MAN said:

If your running 13.1 you can look in the os your self open the Mac drive  open 

System/Libary/Extentions. then  look in any related AMD Kexts. Contents/info.plist  look for matching RDNA3 device ids 

if you  see matching device ids the may be a chance.

Good suggestion, cannot find any device IDs for RDNA3, I am afraid we probably won't see any new GPUs supported, too bad, I would have loved 1 more generation. 

Edited by Common_Sense
  • Like 2

About Login Items, anyone else noticed there is no "hide" option so the apps can load without being visible? I want to load my VPN service and see the icon in the top right, but I don't want to see the main window of the app being opened when I start macOS. Anyone have a solution to this? :)

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 6:31 PM, eSaF said:

Yes as reported by me and others so you're not alone. :yes:

I second that and nice of you to confirm this because these background items are irritating and was looking around for a solution. Good to know I'm not the only one and now it is clear it's a bug which Apple will probably solve.

• Like 3

Yesterday I was installed a second system - Catalina beside to Ventura with the same opencore (0.8.4). I checked Airplay on Catalina - she finds my TV and streaming the videos with sound at no problem! But Ventura is not. She couldn't find my TV (in the local network) and sharing list is empty. Does anyone know about that problem and the solution method? 

I have a Ventura 13.1 beta now.   

• Like 2

It is nice that the login items are gone. However I do have another annoying problem in this beta 2. That is that the weblinks, the files with the .webloc extension are always opening with Safari. Standard browser is Firefox but any saved link open in Safari.  In Getinfo Safari is default and greyed out I cannot change them all to Firefox. Is there someone else who has this problem too in 13.1 beta 2? And if so did you solve it and how?

• Like 2

I can confirm the webloc files bug is caused by the beta 2. I have reinstalled the 13.1 beta 1 and then the problem was gone but the background items bug was there. Installed beta 2 gain and then web/url links won't open in Firefox but in Safari. An even more annoying bug than the login items notifications.

• Like 2

I can't Quote @Sherlocks post above, try two browsers, but im notice that without SSDT compiled for one by one ports, even macOs Ventura 13.0 have problem to velocity and always disconected. Im do my self with so difficult compiled this SSDT, its very hard to me, but its the huge change for use external hard drives, its is   "Another World", its to water to wine.

My SSDT to GA z170 XP Sli was extracted with Sysreport and complied with this tutorial

By the away, very usefful and helpfull.

Im not use betas anymore, and its release Ventura 13.0.1, for download with gibMacOs from GitHUb command.

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Installed beta 3 too but this bug with .webloc files is not fixed. Can someone else confirm this dreaded permission bug is present in 13.1 beta 3. Or better still show the solution.

If right click and select other like for instance Firefox to open the url link files and select always open too, I get this message: The item is either locked or damaged, or in a folder you don’t have permission to modify (error code -10823).

Edited by BarryBar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BarryBar said:

Installed beta 3 too but this bug with .webloc files is not fixed. Can someone else confirm this dreaded permission bug is present in 13.1 beta 3. Or better still show the solution.

If right click and select other like for instance Firefox to open the url link files and select always open too, I get this message: The item is either locked or damaged, or in a folder you don’t have permission to modify (error code -10823).

I on Ventura 13.1 beta 3. Works absolutely fine to be honest. I am not getting any errors 

2022-11-16_09-09-49.png

UPDATE: looks like .webloc can be opened with the browser other than Safari, just by selecting Open with.... but cannot be set as default in GetInfo window.

Just curious what is the application for these files. Where and why do you use it in the 1st place? It just weird way to open a web link in my opinion....

Edited by aniuks27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1