Cpu Unknown Help to fix it

BALDY_MAN

56 posts in this topic

Guest 5T33Z0
16 minutes ago, pitrysha said:

For Mac Pro 7.1, the value is 3842

This setting is not a per SMBIOS setting but a per CPU setting.

Guest 5T33Z0
24 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Sorry Mate, I must be stupid. I tried to type Generic in Processor Type but it does not let me. Can you explain a little more in details. I ran that sting in terminal and below is the output.

You need to edit the config with a plist editor since the key is defined as a  Number. You need to change it to String in order to be able to add text.

Make sure to have a backup of the EFI on a FAT32 formatted USB stick, just in case it doesn't work.

If the terminal command works in Ventura then the CPU is detected correctly only the dispaly is wrong. Since this is beta software this is probably the reason why.

Edited by 5T33Z0

4 minutes ago, aben said:

@surenmunoo Try updating OC to this build: https://github.com/dortania/build-repo/releases/download/OpenCorePkg-714fc69/OpenCore-0.8.2-RELEASE.zip

Also keep AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk ON - under Booter --> Quirks

I was using 0.8.2 but had to revert to 081 because my Fenvi T919 worked sometimes and stopped. When I reverted to 081 it works properly. 

Guest 5T33Z0
2 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

I was using 0.8.2 but had to revert to 081 because my Fenvi T919 worked sometimes and stopped. When I reverted to 081 it works properly. 

So you reverted to 081 and you are wondering why the CPU Name is not displayed correctly in macOS Ventura………… really?

5 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

You have MacPro7,1 with RX navi...try to disable WEG and remove pikera bootarg...then you have t919 why you use brcram etc? Not needed

Edited by ilcondannato

8 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

Ok so, remove weg, remove brcram"etc" ,remove pikera and lilubetaall bootarg, update OC and kext to latest beta, and try ti boot

I'm guessing weg means the whatevergreen.kext?

Edited by surenmunoo

27 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

You have MacPro7,1 with RX navi...try to disable WEG and remove pikera bootarg...then you have t919 why you use brcram etc? Not needed

Okay so I did all that and used OC 0.8.2 but CPU is still unknown and now wifi is not working again with OC 0.8.2

image.thumb.png.e68bec3e103b33a6a34ca93e06d78c02.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 20.58.53.png

Try this:

For adding a custom entry:

under the nvram entry 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 add these values:

revcpu=1 (as number)

revcpuname:  Your correct processor's name (as string)

Or

Under the SMBIOS remove the ProcessorType and leave it blank and use the lilu from links @aben or @Shaneee recommended. 

2 hours ago, pitrysha said:

Kernel ->Quirks -> CustomSMBIOSGuid set to NO

1 hour ago, pitrysha said:

Missed . Still need to fix

PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Create

it works great with NO and CUSTOM here...and Windows 11 is happy for this...... 

21 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Here is what I did.

After taking the advice from @5T33Z0 i removed the ProcessorType value from my config rebooted the system now it works as intended.

@5T33Z0 thanks for pointing that out.

Before:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

After:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Thanks @Cyberdevs I have tried all these recommendations so far and it still shows as unknown. Seems that there might be an issue with the Gigabyte Aero D boards not showing this in Hackintosh. 

config.plist

Just now, surenmunoo said:

Yes, I tried 1.1 - 19.1 - 20.1 and 20.2 all give the same results

And do you also have RestrictEvents.kext?

On another note as it appears some systems don't show the correct CPU info and 12700K seems to be one of them.

5 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

And do you also have RestrictEvents.kext?

On another note as it appears some systems don't show the correct CPU info and 12700K seems to be one of them.

Yes, I have that kext. Maybe its as you say, just that CPU does not show.