[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.4

81 posts in this topic

Guys please stay on topic.

I moved the past comments about the LAN issues to it's dedicated topic so if you need to discuss LAN issues please continue your posts there.

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 4:40 PM, PoMpIs said:

The ryzentosh is still alive 😋 

t7lm957.png

What's the name of that tool at the bottom right?  BTW... 12.4 ß4 working just fine here... 

Cheers,

D.

• Like 3

For all of the 12.4 betas, I have been unable to install them using OC.  Clover works fine.  The problem occurs during installation from the temporary installation partition.  After all of the files are copied to the system drive, there should be a step where an app called "ramrod" performs some function (which is unknown to me).  The ramrod phase is significantly slower than other parts of the installation.  With OC, this phase is omitted and, as a result, when the second reboot takes place, the temporary installation partition is still there.  If I switch to Clover after the first reboot and then switch back to OC during the second reboot, OC can handle the rest of the installation just fine. [I will post about this problem in the OC section of the forum for specifics about my config.]. Does anyone know what the ramrod function is or does?  I would like to fix this issue, of course, but I would also like to understand it if someone happens to know more about this.  Google didn't reveal much for me.  Thanks.

IMG_6186_HEIC.thumb.jpeg.7a511bbddc36fcdce241a49448714dd3.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Older then this? 😀

1.png

Is this a LGA 775 hackintosh ?

My ASUS P5Q PRO & P6TSE hackintoshs need set csr to 00000000 in legacy OpenCore 0.7.9 otherwise Firefox or Google Chrome will hang on open.

Did you have the same issue  at Monterey ?

Edited by jsl2000

41 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Is this a LGA 775 hackintosh ?

My ASUS P5Q PRO & P6TSE hackintoshs need set csr to 00000000 in legacy OpenCore 0.7.9 otherwise Firefox or Google Chrome will hang on open.

Did you have the same issue  at Monterey ?

Yep, LGA 775. I have no issue with this configuration. But I played around with ASUS P5Q (non PRO) and it was fully functional with Monterey, less sleep. No metter what I tried, the machine doesn't sleep. So I transformed that machine into a TrueNAS. I attach the OpenCore and Clover EFI's for P5Q, maybe will help you.

Arhivă.zip

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 3:36 PM, Stefanalmare said:

Yep, LGA 775. I have no issue with this configuration. But I played around with ASUS P5Q (non PRO) and it was fully functional with Monterey, less sleep. No metter what I tried, the machine doesn't sleep. So I transformed that machine into a TrueNAS. I attach the OpenCore and Clover EFI's for P5Q, maybe will help you.

Arhivă.zip 7.51 MB · 1 download

Amazing!-a board with a LGA 775 socket was my first hackintosh-that time I was running Snow Leopard!-Cheers!

Build 1: iMac20,2, i5-9400F, Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus , Radeon RX580 8GB, OC 0.8.1

Edited by ndungu6678
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Arhivă.zip 7.51 MB · 5 downloads

Thanks for your kind help.

Based upon your config.plist my P5Q hackintosh can boot Big Sur or Monterey with legacy Clover 514x, but still got reboot loop after update.

Only legacy OpenCore 0.7.9 or 0.8.0 can update successfully !

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Here we go 😄

edjtCgn.png

UPDATE: everything went well

AU2DHfI.png

It's amazing how well Monterey is doing on the Asus Tuf B450 plus II... I find it hard to believe that MacOS runs so stable on an AMD platform, It's amazing 

Thanks to all of you who make this possible :thumbsup_anim:

Greetings 

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have been reporting problems installing the 12.4 beta updates using OpenCore but have not had the same problem using Clover.  The same thing happened with the RC version of 12.4 on one installation but I used OpenCore successfully for a different installation.  The difference, I think, was that I added the ApfsDriverLoader.efi to my drivers folder in OC.  I had it all along in my Clover drivers folder.  

Can anyone report that they are able to install updates using OC without the ApfsDriverLoader.efi driver?  I do not need that driver to boot regularly using OC.  I only seem to need it when it comes to installing updates, particularly when ramrod_display_set_granular_progress_forced appears on screen during the installation.  I suspect that this function tracks the mapping of the new files to the locations of the files they are replacing.  This may actually occur within a snapshot but I'm not certain.

I know this is more advanced than most of the posts that appear in this section but there must still be some people that follow these posts that have more advanced knowledge of the installation process than me.  Anyhow, I will wait for the next update to see if the additional driver allows me to use OC to update my main system installation.

I have a massive problem on my ryzentosh with 12.4RC and the betas. EFI on 12.3.1 on OC 0.8.1 is working fine. On first reboot after update start to 12.4 I get a kernel panic boot loop on IONVME, AppleSMC stage. I tried the dk.e1000=0 setting read before without change. Updated kexts, disabled NVMEfix for test... no change...

Any idea here?

E1F16984-30AF-4AB2-8A21-10DF5F2695ED_1_102_o.jpeg

CB638323-CAA4-4653-8C6B-D3465F680947_1_102_o.jpeg

2 hours ago, Slice said:

I see the panic with SMCAMDProcessor. What if you exclude it?

Wow, a first step. THANKS! I removed it and got further. I now get another crash much later. After booting back to 12.3.1 now, the system wants do "redo" the 12.4 update... waiting for first reboot.

Okay. I had to disable SMCAMDProcessor AND reload the whole update process. NOW I am on 12.4. THANK you for the golden hint!

• Like 1

I'm still testing components in Monterey, it's a lot of fun 🙂

i5 12400F, Asus B660F Gaming and 32Gb DDR5 G.skill 6200Mhz , overclocked to 5,1Ghz

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14888049 

Spoiler

1P4jCR1.png

But I don't get the 12.4RC update (solved):

Spoiler

qV8piks.png

Thanks to @MaLd0n for DSDT 🤗

Cheers 

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 1