BootloaderChooser

Jief_Machak
98 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Is anyone still using this and managed to get it to work with OpenCore, when I try I just get a prompt saying **Press any Key** and it then returns to the BLC menu?

I don't think. During the tests with @Jief_Machak, he created an Opencore efi special to relocate the Opencore file. "To boot OpenCore from a folder named anything else than OC, you'll need my version." (readme file on Jief's GitHub repo)

1 hour ago, D-an-W said:

Is anyone still using this and managed to get it to work with OpenCore, when I try I just get a prompt saying **Press any Key** and it then returns to the BLC menu?

I'm using it and it works with both Open Core and clover, everything is fine. everything is fine

27 minutes ago, naiclub said:

I'm using it and it works with both Open Core and clover, everything is fine. everything is fine

Could I see you folder / file layout please?

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

I don't think. During the tests with @Jief_Machak, he created an Opencore efi special to relocate the Opencore file. "To boot OpenCore from a folder named anything else than OC, you'll need my version." (readme file on Jief's GitHub repo)

Thanks, I do have the folder named OC but I think what I am doing wrong it replacing the OC BOOTx64.efi (In the BOOT Folder) with the one from BLC as I did when only using it with Clover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D-an-W said:

Could I see you folder / file layout please?

Thanks, I do have the folder named OC but I think what I am doing wrong it replacing the OC BOOTx64.efi (In the BOOT Folder) with the one from BLC as I did when only using it with Clover.

The only problem you use OC, it embeds the default boot itself. will switch back to CLOVER can't do it again. But there is a simple solution. This is for you to delete the BLC file from the EFI drive, and then you'll be back into the boot loader with BootloaderChooser. Again, then select the BOOTx64.efi file. as you want But the advantages of BootloaderChooser WILL WORK WITH CLOVER You don't have to touch the EFI drive like you would with an OC file because the OC system won't delete the BLC file for you. And you will have to go in and delete it yourself only.

1644511272_2564-06-2617_10_48.png.5af9fd5b26e8173cf6855046b7bf01e3.png

Edited by naiclub
  • Thanks 1

I keep BLC in the BOOT folder then in the same EFI I insert Clover and OC and at startup I can choose which one to start macOS with. I use this setup for almost all of my hacks and have no particular problems

1 hour ago, D-an-W said:

Thanks @naiclub, if I understand you correctly then switching between Clover and OC isn't a "Plug and Play" solution as such as it requires removal of the BLC file every time after booting of OC?

What you said above is correct Ok.

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

I keep BLC in the BOOT folder then in the same EFI I insert Clover and OC and at startup I can choose which one to start macOS with. I use this setup for almost all of my hacks and have no particular problems

Could I see your folder / file layout please and do you use standard builds of both?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, naiclub said:

I'm interested in this, want to know how you can make it dual boot with windows.

1287396378_Schermata2021-06-26alle17_19_11.png.12a49c1942f66caeac56effb68c2df39.png

windows and linux I start them through Clover, OC I only use it to start macOS and at the moment it is not updated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D-an-W said:

Is it possible to see the OC folder expanded please?

I just downloaded it a while ago. Still can't see the OC file.
Just a moment ago when I looked at the file, nothing was different from me.

1758413636_2564-06-2623_49_19.thumb.png.c0779522c7b6c200fc07ad2726cc686f.png

Edited by naiclub
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Thats how I had it set out too but can't boot OC with it like that.

Can you boot with OC without messing with the BootloaderChooser boot file? If it's bootable, it should boot normally.

5 hours ago, iCanaro said:

BLC.thumb.jpg.0b179a42275cc3512bfac3521ef3e33e.jpg1492052591_Schermata2021-06-26alle23_55_55.thumb.png.6ccb62dc5151ddd5a45b04db629d38bc.png

BLC only starts correctly OC that is in the same EFI

But the only thing I don't like is OC It itself prefers to embed boot in the BIOS for me first. which caused my boot order to change. And I always use the Windows boot order first. OC really messes with my bios. And I have to use EasyUEFI to remove every boot OC.

1474535901_Screenshot2021-06-27100708.png.8691c91b9fcb8e775a9d467fc0590448.png1355019289_Screenshot2021-06-27100035.png.026351b446c3c05278dc788c82be72df.png

30 minutes ago, naiclub said:

But the only thing I don't like is OC It itself prefers to embed boot in the BIOS for me first. which caused my boot order to change. And I always use the Windows boot order first. OC really messes with my bios. And I have to use EasyUEFI to remove every boot OC.

Look at LauncherOptions in the configuration.pdf - the default behavior is to add itself to your boot list. This can be changed though to do nothing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Look at LauncherOptions in the configuration.pdf - the default behavior is to add itself to your boot list. This can be changed though to do nothing.

I'm asking like I'm stupid. Where is it located? Configuration.pdf I couldn't find it and if you could help me to make an example I would be very grateful

5 minutes ago, naiclub said:

I'm asking like I'm stupid. Where is it located? Configuration.pdf I couldn't find it and if you could help me to make an example I would be very grateful

I added an extra 's' on the end by accident, it's "LauncherOption"
It's under Misc->Boot, and is a string. There's a few options, you probably want "Disabled". Probably worth reading through the options still.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naiclub said:

his was actually a problem, but it has been solved by several OC releases, you just have to find the right configuration (which I can't remember by heart now) and you can start OC as many times as you want without it interfering with the BIOS boot order

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

his was actually a problem, but it has been solved by several OC releases, you just have to find the right configuration (which I can't remember by heart now) and you can start OC as many times as you want without it interfering with the BIOS boot order

Now that I've come to the conclusion, the OC is no longer embedding the first boot in the BIOS. and did not see the name appearing to be seen thank you all

Edited by naiclub