BootloaderChooser

Jief_Machak
98 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, naiclub said:

@Jief_Machak any plans to remove the text that is seen after choosing the boot option (Sort of a verbose mode)?

If you're speaking of BootLoaderChooser, yes, there 3 lines showing which Efi file is loading. That's DEBUG version and I may have forgotten to remove them in Release version.

I'll do that soon.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Just tried again with updated Clover, still seems the same...

697082375_Screenshot2020-10-17at17_56_40.thumb.png.202942eac33d2bc11f14e32d3e93f05d.png

Just a opinion: Bootloader Chooser doesn't recognize clover folder.
Maybe, it's case sensitive: try \EFI\CLOVER instead of \EFI\Clover. Rename CLOVERx64 r5125.efi to  CLOVERx64_r5125.efi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2020 at 4:21 PM, jsl2000 said:

This new BootX64.efi can go to text menu and worked perfectly now after re-edit my EFI structure as following:

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 21.47.54.png

Thanks for the visual confirmation @jsl2000 I really needed this to understand ! Cheers mate.

@Jief_Machak thank you again for your great work and contribution. Allow me to post a question about BootloaderChooser:

Its main purpose is to test multiple configs of the SAME Clover and/or OpenCore configurations only? Or can we also test different RELEASES of Clover or OpenCore?

If the latter is valid, can you please suggest a working method/structure of folders?

Scenario:

Say that I have a working Clover r5119 and that I want to test out r5123 or r5127 but because of a non-found bug yet, despite same config.plist I cannot boot from r5127.

The reason for keeping r5119 is because I know it boots perfectly.

Perhaps swapping between a single Clover and OpenCore build is easier, like the above image.

Thanks for your brief confirmation :D:D:D

Edited by MacKonsti

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 2:16 AM, MacKonsti said:

Thanks for the visual confirmation @jsl2000 I really needed this to understand ! Cheers mate.

@Jief_Machak thank you again for your great work and contribution. Allow me to post a question about BootloaderChooser:

Its main purpose is to test multiple configs of the SAME Clover and/or OpenCore configurations only? Or can we also test different RELEASES of Clover or OpenCore?

If the latter is valid, can you please suggest a working method/structure of folders?

Scenario:

Say that I have a working Clover r5119 and that I want to test out r5123 or r5127 but because of a non-found bug yet, despite same config.plist I cannot boot from r5127.

The reason for keeping r5119 is because I know it boots perfectly.

Perhaps swapping between a single Clover and OpenCore build is easier, like the above image.

Thanks for your brief confirmation :D:D:D

Just put multiple Clover.efis into the same CLOVER folder with different filenames.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 3.01.44 pm.png

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip @HcNguyen111 but remember, the few EFI drivers needed themselves won't be changed, they have to be common between versions... so better use the common denominator (lowest version tested) I guess, unless a bug was fixed in some driver.

But that's a good tip, thanks mate. My only concern is that if we want to use r5123-1 without OcQuirks and r5127 with OcQuirks, the presence of some files in /drivers/UEFI/ are going to be messy...

New clover ignore drivers AptioMemoryFix.efi. So you can leave it there for 5123. The added Quirks section won't bother 5123, it'll just be ignored.

Just remember that Clover before 5126 (not sure of the number) can only start in a folder named CLOVER (uppercase and lowercase shouldn't matter but there maybe a bug in BootloaderChooser, as I read earlier).

So you can have a folder named CLOVER for 5123 and CLOVER5127 (or CLOVERfoobar or whatever) for 5127, if you need difference in drivers or kexts.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...