BootloaderChooser

51 posts in this topic

• Slice pinned this topic
1 minute ago, naiclub said:

@Jief_Machak any plans to remove the text that is seen after choosing the boot option (Sort of a verbose mode)?

If you're speaking of BootLoaderChooser, yes, there 3 lines showing which Efi file is loading. That's DEBUG version and I may have forgotten to remove them in Release version.

I'll do that soon.

14 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Just tried again with updated Clover, still seems the same...

697082375_Screenshot2020-10-17at17_56_40.thumb.png.202942eac33d2bc11f14e32d3e93f05d.png

Just a opinion: Bootloader Chooser doesn't recognize clover folder.
Maybe, it's case sensitive: try \EFI\CLOVER instead of \EFI\Clover. Rename CLOVERx64 r5125.efi to  CLOVERx64_r5125.efi

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2020 at 4:21 PM, jsl2000 said:

This new BootX64.efi can go to text menu and worked perfectly now after re-edit my EFI structure as following:

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 21.47.54.png

Thanks for the visual confirmation @jsl2000 I really needed this to understand ! Cheers mate.

@Jief_Machak thank you again for your great work and contribution. Allow me to post a question about BootloaderChooser:

Its main purpose is to test multiple configs of the SAME Clover and/or OpenCore configurations only? Or can we also test different RELEASES of Clover or OpenCore?

If the latter is valid, can you please suggest a working method/structure of folders?

Scenario:

Say that I have a working Clover r5119 and that I want to test out r5123 or r5127 but because of a non-found bug yet, despite same config.plist I cannot boot from r5127.

The reason for keeping r5119 is because I know it boots perfectly.

Perhaps swapping between a single Clover and OpenCore build is easier, like the above image.

Thanks for your brief confirmation :D:D:D

Edited by MacKonsti
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 2:16 AM, MacKonsti said:

Thanks for the visual confirmation @jsl2000 I really needed this to understand ! Cheers mate.

@Jief_Machak thank you again for your great work and contribution. Allow me to post a question about BootloaderChooser:

Its main purpose is to test multiple configs of the SAME Clover and/or OpenCore configurations only? Or can we also test different RELEASES of Clover or OpenCore?

If the latter is valid, can you please suggest a working method/structure of folders?

Scenario:

Say that I have a working Clover r5119 and that I want to test out r5123 or r5127 but because of a non-found bug yet, despite same config.plist I cannot boot from r5127.

The reason for keeping r5119 is because I know it boots perfectly.

Perhaps swapping between a single Clover and OpenCore build is easier, like the above image.

Thanks for your brief confirmation :D:D:D

Just put multiple Clover.efis into the same CLOVER folder with different filenames.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 3.01.44 pm.png

Thanks for the tip @HcNguyen111 but remember, the few EFI drivers needed themselves won't be changed, they have to be common between versions... so better use the common denominator (lowest version tested) I guess, unless a bug was fixed in some driver.

But that's a good tip, thanks mate. My only concern is that if we want to use r5123-1 without OcQuirks and r5127 with OcQuirks, the presence of some files in /drivers/UEFI/ are going to be messy...