59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This post is targeted at users who have an Ice Lake-based laptop.

- Major Updates on Sep 5:

Both fixes have been integrated into WhateverGreen and will be available as of v1.4.2, so public tests are now over and thanks for your participation.

I have renamed this post, so feel free to use it as a general discussion thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobile Ice Lake processors can be classified by their integrated graphics card into three categories, G1, G4, and G7.

You could find information about your processor in the following table.

image.png.204f52cee3b540746dbe0d13d63d32a8.png

Note that Apple uses NG* processors on genuine Macs.

Even though device IDs of UHD Graphics on G1 series processors are not listed in Info.plist, the driver itself does support the hardware.

As a result, you need to spoof the device ID (e.g. 0x8A5A) to make UHD Graphics work with full acceleration.

As far as I know, there are two major issues one might encounter while trying to make the integrated graphics card work on macOS Catalina.

1) The kernel panic due to an unsupported CD clock decimal frequency can be resolved by adding the boot argument `-igfxcdc`.

panic: "[IGFB][PANIC][DISPLAY  ] " "Unsupported CD clock decimal frequency 0x158\n"
@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-14.7.8/IONDRV/ICLLP/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelClocks.cpp:348

2) The kernel panic due to an unsupported ICL SKU is related to DVMT pre-allocated memory.

You might find something similar to the following lines right above the kernel panic message.

[IGPU] HWCAPS - GPU Sku: 0
[IGPU] HWCAPS - VEDBOXEnableFuses:0xf00ff  VEBox units enabled: 4  VDBox units enabled:8
[IGPU] HWCAPS - NumSlices: 0    SlicesCountFuse:0x0
[IGPU] HWCAPS - NumSubSlices:32   SubSliceCountFuse:0x0
[IGPU] HWCAPS - MaxEUPerSubSlice:8   EUDisableFuses:0x0  ExecutionUnitCount:256
[IGPU] ERROR: Unsupported ICL Sku!

You could resolve this issue by changing the DVMT pre-allocated memory to 64MB or above in your BIOS.

If your BIOS does not provide such options, you could try EFI Shell (setup_var) or RU.EFI to modify BIOS settings.

If your laptop uses a custom UEFI firmware or has a strict BIOS protection, you should add the boot argument `-igfxdvmt` to solve the problem.

Once you have applied above fixes, you should be able to boot into desktop with full graphics acceleration.

If you get stuck in `gIOConsoleUser`, you should try different `ig-platform-id`s and make sure that you have enabled other necessary fixes, for example the Core Display patch (`-cdfon`) for built-in 4K display.

You need to compile the latest WhateverGreen from the upstream repo (https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen) until Acidanthera officially releases v1.4.2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Apple has removed the assertion of DVMT stolen memory from the framebuffer driver on ICL platforms, but you are strongly encouraged to patch the framebuffer properly to get rid of the insufficient stolen memory error.

You could find the following line in your kernel log.

kernel: (AppleIntelICLLPGraphicsFramebuffer) [IGFB][ERROR][DISPLAY   ] Insufficient stolen memory

You should adjust the size of framebuffer and cursor memory, so that the total amount of required stolen memory is less than the one pre-allocated by BIOS. This might also fix the distorted image around the mouse cursor.

- FireWolf

Edited by Austere.J

Advertisement

Good stuff! :)

Re: UHD graphics of G1 CPUs, Apple appear to have pursued the same trend/pattern/philosophy they adopted since Sandy Bridge models so G1 graphics are expected to remain unsupported as per GT1 graphics of previous generations. So far, that's been confirmed by those who posted about (failed) attempts to obtain graphics acceleration under Catalina with UHD graphics of G1 ICL CPUs.

Much appreciated for your contribution to Ice Lake Hackintosh.

Unfortunately I still got kernel panic, but there was progress.
iGPU was recognized as GT2.

[IGPU] HWCAPS - GPU Sku: ICL GT2 LP

This guy said CFG Lock disabled and set DVMT prealloc to 64MB is needed, it might be related to a kernel panic.
https://github.com/frozenzero123/YOGA-S740/blob/master/README-EN.md
My GPD WIN Max UEFI settings are locked, so I can't change CFG Lock and DVMT settings in BIOS nor setup_var command.
stolenmem and fbmem patch did not change the result.

CPU: Core i5-1035G7 (GPD WIN Max)
OpenCore: 0.6.0
Lilu: 1.4.7-DEBUG (b8eb26f) from https://dortania.github.io/builds/?viewall=true&product=Lilu
smbios: MacBookAir9,1
ig-platform-id: 8A520000

panic.txt

@Austere.J Thanks.

I managed to change DVMT prealloc and CFG Lock by BIOS modding.
Kernel panic disappeared, but it still hangs at gIOScreenLockState 3 with or without -igfxsku option.

IMG_1827.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Short Summary:

So far, it seems that the kernel panic of an unsupported ICL SKU is resolved if one could change its DVMT settings to 64MB or above.

Some laptops have DVMT set to 60 MB instead, such as Surface Pro 7, and one is able to get rid of the unsupported SKU error by adding the -igfxsku boot argument but will then encounter another kernel panic.

However, I have some good news to share.

@Hervé It turns out that the graphics driver itself supports the UHD graphics on G1 series processors even though the device ID 0x80868A56 is not list in both kexts.

One of my friends managed to make his UHD graphics card on i5-1035G1 work on macOS Catalina with full graphics acceleration.

The device ID is spoofed as 0x80868A5A (i.e. the one on G4 processors), and the ig-platform-id is set to 8A5A0000.

Here is a screenshot as a proof.

ICLG1Success.thumb.png.c5745e45202b768c541f801544591987.png

Edited by Austere.J

Posted (edited)

What a good news! My laptop has the same processor (i5 1035g1). i just cant wait for it! Thanks for share

Edited by eriksax

@willyboyshy Just for the record: do you have full graphics acceleration in place?

Maybe it was you @Austere.J was referring to, seeing you've got i5-1035G1 CPU and injecting the property for VRAM increase to 2GB...

Can you please share your EFI? I also have a i5-1035g1 with UHD Graphics but I have not been successful with Graphics Acceleration. 

@willyboyshy Thanks for the advice. I entered all properties you specified, but nothing changed.
It can boot with -igfxvesa argument, but of course there is no acceleration.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 17.28.00.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 17.28.33.png

Update:

DVMT issue has been resolved. Even though the DVMT value cannot be modified via EFI shell (setup_var) or RU.EFI, one is able to get graphics card work on Surface Pro 7 under macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

@Austere.J That's good! I've been struggling to get my laptop with i3-1005G1 to work and I cant unlock DVMT, can you please give us more information on how it can be done?

My problem is partially solved.

iGPU works with an external display, and internal one is not recognized.

No device properties needed at this time.

Maybe I have to fix device properties or edid settings, but I think it is not Ice Lake related problems, rather this laptop specific.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 17.10.14.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 17.20.28.png

@Austere.J Please, can you share your EFI folder? I have a 1035G1 Lenovo YOGA S740 and I'm currently trying to get the iGPU to work following what you did as well as what Austere.J did.

I already managed to get past the installer.

What I got so far: I installed Catalina 10.15.6 on my Lenovo S740 14inch (i5-1035G1) with the EFI below: 

https://files.catbox.moe/pcxmxy.zip

Graphics and brightness adjustment don't work.

This EFI I used for installing the system is using a MacBook Pro 16,2 SMBios.

When I tried using a MacbookAir9,1 SMBios + both Lilu and Austere.J's O WhateverGreen kext + .asl patches + adding willyboyshy's device properties for the igpu in order to try and fake a G4 iGPU, I got the kernel panic in the picture attached.

BD42-DFB7-1-A3-B-4-B6-B-9-BAF-9045-DD4-F770-C.jpg

Summary:

The kernel panic of "Unsupported ICL SKU" and the further page fault in `IGAccelTask::withOptions()` after SKU is fixed are indeed caused by the DVMT pre-allocated memory set to 60M (or any other values that are not a multiple of 32MB) in BIOS.

If you are not able to modify your BIOS settings via EFI shell or RU.EFI, you need the `-igfxdvmt` boot argument to enable the fix.

Please note that the boot argument `-igfxsku` has been removed. You could find the source code at my repo. (https://github.com/0xFireWolf/WhateverGreen)

Refer to the manual for details.

I have also submitted a PR to the upstream repo, and I am waiting for it to be merged. (https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/pull/64)

Hi, I really appreciate your help and collaboration, my IGPU is now working without unlocking DVMT to 64M or higher and even on Big Sur!!

for all of. you whose struggling, set AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0000528A, and add -igfxdvmt boot arg or add enable-dvmt-calc-fix property under AAPL,ig-platform-id in DeviceProperties.

getting macOS running on Ice Lake in a pretty early stage reminds me of the old Hackintosh age. 

Cheers

ScreenShot.thumb.png.842dec4ed3670b9a95a2d1a2fa0922a0.png

WhateverGreen-1.4.2-DEBUG.zip

@LireMei, I think you should build the Whatevergreen kext manually, your KP is solved with this commit https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/commit/6319f826f7c4c0c2f9b8097cea847ad5265e8946

If you don't want to rebuild yourself, you can use the kext build from @Ab2774 and it should work

EDIT: @Austere.J do you know something about glitches during boot and inability to wake up or it's only my problem?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By miliuco
      macOS Catalina on: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite motherboard + i3 9100 Coffee Lake processor + AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card + fenvi FV-T919 WIFI and Bluetooth card + Clover r5121 + AppleALC, Lilu, VirtualSMC, XHCI-unsupported, IntelMausiEthernet, USBPorts and WhateverGreen.

Hardware

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite motherboard: support for Intel 8 and 9 generation processors, Realtek ALC1220 audio, Intel I219V Ethernet, 4 PCI-E slots, 2, 3 and 3.1 USB ports, Intel Graphics 630 integrated graphics card 9th generation Intel i3 9100 processor Nox Hummer H-212 120mm CPU Fan Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz 16 GB RAM (2 x 8) AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card Wifi and Bluetooth Card Fenvi FV-T919 Mars Gaming MPII850 Power Supply (850W) Samsung EVO 860 SSD disk.
        What works well?

Pretty much everything I've tried:
      Radeon RX 580: 3 DP ports and 1 HDMI port, output to 2 displays simultaneously Shutdown, reboot and sleep Integrated sound and HDMI sound output USB ports (2, 3 and 3.1) Enable TRIM for SSD drive AirDrop, Sidecar, etc.
        What is not working well?

Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630 card: see below.

BIOS settings (version F9)

I only write down the significant options, there are many other options that do not influence macOS and that you can configure to your liking (for example the LEDs on the board, etc.).
      XMP Profile: Auto / Profile 1 / Enabled (eXtreme Memory Profile, I use 3200 MHz memory and without this profile it works at 2600) Platform Power Management: Disabled VT-d: Disabled XHCI Hand-Off: Enabled Legacy USB Support: Enabled Network Stack: Disabled CSM: Disabled Secure Boot: Disabled Fast Boot: Disabled OS Type: Other OS Wake on LAN: Disabled Integrated Graphics: Auto Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot DVMT Pre-Allocated: 256M or higher.
        EFI folder for Clover (installation USB stick / SSD disk with Catalina)

SSDT

Some SSDT.aml files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

SSDT-DTPG.aml (helper module for SSDT)
      SSDT-EC.aml (USB power charge)
      SSDT-UIAC.aml (USB port mapping)
      SSDT-USBX.aml (USB port mapping)
      SSDT-PMC.aml got from OpenCore to have native NVRAM on Z390 mother boards
      SSDT-Z390-RP21-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml (Thunderbolt devices hot plug) it can be skipped.

Drivers in EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI

ApfsDriverLoader.efi
      AudioDxe.efi
      DataHubDxe.efi
      FSInject.efi
      VBoxHfs.efi
      SMCHelper.efi
      OcQuirks.efi *
      OpenRuntime.efi *
      OcQuirks.plist *.

* see OC Quirks below.

Extensions in EFI / CLOVER / kexts / Other

AppleALC.kext
      IntelMausi.kext
      Lilu.kext
      USBPorts.kext
      VirtualSMC.kext
      WhateverGreen.kext
      XHCI-unsupported.kext.

NOTE 1: The USBPorts.kext extension along with 3 aml files included in patched folder (SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml y SSDT-USBX.aml) were generated by joanserramiret with the configuration of USB ports for this motherboard so that the limit defined by macOS of 15 ports is not exceeded. Leaves the system configured in this way:
      Enabled all USB2 ports that are not part of a USB3 port (1 internal for BT + 4 rear that are together + 2 on the front) Enabled the USB2 ports that are part of the 2 rear red USB3.1 ports Disabled the USB2 ports that are part of the 4 rear blue USB3 ports Enabled all USB3 ports except the internal one for USB type C connection. Summary: Rear blue ports do not recognize USB2 devices.

NOTE 2: XHCI-unsupported.kext is required for XHC chipsets whose Device ID is not included in macOS. Depending on the USB driver of your board, it may be necessary to install some additional extension:
      8086: 8CB1 on macOS 10.11.1 or lower: XHCI-9-series.kext 8086: 8D31, 8086: A2AF, 8086: A36D, 8086: 9DED: XHCI-unsupported.kext 8086: 1E31, 8086: 8C31, 8086: 8CB1, 8086: 8D31, 8086: 9C31, 8086: 9CB1: FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext. This board (generally Z390 chipset boards) carries the USB 3.1 controller with device ID A36D so the XHCI-unsupported kext is required. You can check your device ID at
      /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist Config.plist file

The differential options are:

Acpi> DSDT: change HECI to IMEI / change SAT0 to SATA
      Acpi> Fixes: FixShutdown
      Acpi> Drop OEM_DSM
      Acpi> Drop Tables> DMAR / MATS
      Acpi> SSDT> PluginType selected (Plugin Type number blank)
      Acpi> Halt Enabler / FixHeaders

Boot> Boot Arguments> slide = 0 / darkwake = 8

Devices> USB> Inject / FixOwnership / HighCurrent
      Devices> Audio> Inject 11

Kernel and Kext Patches> Apple RTC and KernelXCPM selected
      Kernel and Kext Patches> KextsToPatch> Name: com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort / Find: 40600200 / Replace: 00000000 / Comment: SATA hot plug
      Kernel and Kext Patches> KextsToPatch> Name: com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort / Find: 45787465 726E616C / Replace: 496E7465 726E616C / SATA orange icons

SMBIOS> iMac19.1

System Parameters> Inject Kexts: Yes / Inject System ID: selected.

Quirks > select AvoidRuntimeDefrag – DevirtualiseMmio – EnableSafeModeSlide – ForceExitBootServices – ProtectUefiServices – ProvideConsoleGopEnable – ProvideCustomSlide – SetupVirtualMap – SyncRuntimePermissions and set ProvideMaxSlide = 0. *

Set true DevirtualiseMmio and ProtectUefiServices in OcQuirks.plist file (recommended on Z390 mother boards).

* see OC Quirks below.

macOS Catalina install

There are many publications with instructions so I will only comment on a few specific details.
      The installation USB memory must have a GUID partition scheme so that the board's UEFI can boot from it. I have prepared the USB with the createinstallmedia method + the application "Install macOS Catalina" in the Applications folder The device is USB 3 and, connected to the front USB 3 port, it performs the task quite quickly I have used Clover r5121 which is currently the latest version. The EFI folder of the installation USB can be the same as that of the hard disk with 2 differences: Acpi> SSDT> PluginType deselected and Acpi> Boot leave Default Boot Volume blank and Timeout -1 (so that no volume will boot automatically from the Clover menu). To mount the EFI partition (of the disk or the USB device) I have used Clover Configurator which makes this task very simple or the command line (diskutil), first finding out what disk and partition number is the EFI (diskutil list) and showing it later (mountdisk):
      sudo diskutil list
      sudo diskutil mountdisk / dev / disk2s3  
      RX 580

Although my RX 580 card is a model from the XFX brand, known for using custom VBios and giving problems in macOS, in my case it seems to work well with Lilu and WhatEverGreen. Booting the operating system it does not show artifacts, the 3 DP ports and the only HDMI port work, you can send the image simultaneously to 2 screens (I have not tried more) with the usual duplication options, yo can send sound in addition to image to one TV by HDMI, during the installation of the operating system it works correctly provided that Lilu and WhatEverGreen are in the USB device, etc. GeekBench 5 Scores: Metal 50100 / OpenCL 44100. As a comparison, the integrated card does not reach 4800 in Metal.
      Regarding the hardware decoding of H264 and HEVC videos, the Hackintool tool and the VideoProc application report that it is not supported although the playback of files of both types with rates of up to 20 mbps is correct so I suspect that it actually encodes well. In order for hardware decoding to appear as supported in the commented applications, the integrated Intel Graphics 630 card must be enabled even if it is disconnected in headless mode (using the RX 580 card as primary sending image to the screen).

Sound

This board incorporates the Realtek ALC1220 chip that needs the AppleALC extension to work. AppleALC is a Lilu plugin so both must be properly installed.
      Note: Clover > Devices > Audio > Inject 11 or 13 or 15. I’ve tried several layouts and this are the only valid at least in my case.
      Some users have commented that the system does not load AppleALC and they have no sound despite having the extensions in EFI / CLOVER / kexts / Other. In these cases it can be successful to install AppleALC and Lilu in / Library / Extensions and rebuild the extensions cache with Hackintool (a very convenient way to do it) or with this Terminal command:
      sudo spctl --master-disable; sudo mount -uw /; killall Finder; sudo chown -v -R root: wheel / System / Library / Extensions; sudo touch / System / Library / Extensions; sudo chmod -v -R 755 / Library / Extensions; sudo chown -v -R root: wheel / Library / Extensions; sudo touch / Library / Extensions; sudo kextcache -i /  
      What this command does is disable Gatekeeper, mount the system disk in read / write mode, repair permissions on the extensions folders and rebuild the cache. But all of that is done by Hackintool with less work on our part.

Ethernet

This board carries the Intel I219V chip that works well with the IntelMausiEthernet extension.

Wifi & Bluetooth

I use a Fenvi FV T-919 mini PCI-E card that carries both wifi and bluetooth chips. This card works perfectly in macOS without needing anything other than placing it on the board because it is recognized as Airport Extreme and Bluetooth Apple. Has its own article on perez987.

Disks

Samsung EVO 860 SSD. It is a solid state disk with references to work well in Mac. In my case it works well, with a read speed of 430 and a write speed of 250. I have tried faster SSDs but they have given problems to install Catalina, instead with the EVO 860 everything has worked perfectly.

Integrated graphics

Integrated Intel Graphics 630 card: we can to make it work correctly by adding some properties in Clover's Devices tab. For it to work you have to:

- enable it on the board as primary graphics: Initial Display Output IGFX instead of PCIe 1 Slot (actually this is the final step after modifying config.plist)
      - add in config.plist: Boot> Boot Arguments> igfxonln = 1
      - apply a patch (video and audio) in config.plist: Devices> Properties. It is easier to do it from the config.plist file in text mode than from Clover Configurator. With the file open as text find the lines
      <key>Audio</key> <dict> <key>ResetHDA</key> <false/> <key>Inject</key> <integer>11</integer> </dict>  
      Immediately above of them paste this text:
      <key>Properties</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</key> <dict> <key>layout-id</key> <data>CwAAAA==</data> <key>model</key> <string>Cannon Lake HDMI</string> <key>hda-gfx</key> <string>onboard-2</string> <key>AAPL,slot-name</key> <string>Internal@0,31,3</string> <key>device_type</key> <string>Audio device</string> </dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>framebuffer-con0-busid</key> <data>AAAAAA==</data> <key>framebuffer-con0-type</key> <data>AAgAAA==</data> <key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key> <data>xwMAAA==</data> <key>model</key> <string>Intel UHD Graphics 630</string> <key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key> <data>AAAAAA==</data> <key>device-id</key> <data>kT4AAA==</data> <key>framebuffer-con2-type</key> <data>AAgAAA==</data> <key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key> <data>BAAAAA==</data> <key>device_type</key> <string>Display controller</string> <key>hda-gfx</key> <string>onboard-1</string> <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> <data>AQAAAA==</data> <key>framebuffer-con1-type</key> <data>AAgAAA==</data> <key>AAPL,slot-name</key> <string>Internal@0,2,0</string> <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data>BwCbPg==</data> <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key> <data>AQAAAA==</data> <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key> <data>AQAAAA==</data> <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key> <data>AQAAAA==</data> </dict> </dict> But the system crashes when comes out of sleep mode (the PC restarts after a few seconds of leaving sleep mode). This behavior occurs if the cable that comes out from the HDMI port on the motherboard (the only existing connector on this Mobo) plugs in a DisplayPort port on the monitor; if it plugs directly into another HDMI port (monitor or TV) the bug does not occurs and the PC goes in and out of sleep normally.

Currently the only way to have the graphics card connected to a port other than HDMI without this crash is by replacing the "hda-gfx" property with "no-hda-gfx" in the above code of config.plist. The 2 lines
      <key>hda-gfx</key> <string>onboard-2</string> must be replaced by
      <key>No-hda-gfx</key> <data>AAAAAAAAAAA=</data> After adding this property, you will no longer have sound over HDMI / DP but sleep works very well.

In summary:
      - Intel HDMI to DisplayPort monitor> has HDMI audio output but has kernel panic when coming from sleep
      - Intel HDMI to HDMI TV> has HDMI audio output and sleep works fine
      - Intel HDMI to DisplayPort monitor with "no-hda-gfx"> sleep works fine but HDMI audio output is lost.

(based on the post "[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)" by CaseySJ; thanks also to deeveedee for his help).

This card can be left activated without connection to the monitor (headless mode) and apparently does not show any interference with the rest of the system.

With the integrated card as the main card, the system shows enabled both graphics cards and allows to have a screen connected to the Intel 630 via HDMI and a different screen connected to the RX 580 via DP or HDMI, in this case the primary screen is that from the Intel and the other only works when the graphics driver is loaded but, once the system is up and running, the screens allow duplication options as if they depend on a single card.

Evolution to Oc Quirks

OC Quirks is an EFI driver for Clover that replaces AptioMemoryFix and all OsxAptioFix variants. It supports the OpenCore quirks model. AptioMemoryFix has evolved little in the most recent stage and is in a way becoming obsolete. Next versions of Clover will probably stop installing AptioMemoryFix and switch to OC Quirks which is evolving and receiving frequent improvements. You can read about this on the working group website: ReddestDream.

Migrating our installation from AptioMemoryFix to OC Quirks is relatively simple:
      download the latest version of OC Quirks (search Releases, current version is 23) have a USB device that boots up properly to use in case of failure mount the disk's EFI partition delete AptioMemoryFix and any other OsxAptioFix variant add OcQuirks.efi, OpenRuntime.efi and OcQuirks.plist to Clover's drivers/UEFI folder change to true DevirtualiseMmio and ProtectUefiServices in the file OcQuirks.plist (recommended on boards with Z390 chipset) in Clover> Quirks config.plist file, check the boxes AvoidRuntimeDefrag - DevirtualiseMmio - EnableSafeModeSlide - ForceExitBootServices - ProtectUefiServices - ProvideConsoleGopEnable - ProvideCustomSlide - SetupVirtualMap - SyncRuntimePermissions and assign the value 0 to ProvideMaxSlide Restart the PC. efi-quirks.zip
    • By Sudo User
      Model: Dell XPS 9300
      CPU: Intel Core i7-1065g7
      Video: Intel Iris Plus G7
      Screen: UHD+
      Memory: 16GB DDR4

I think i have tried all of the AAPL,ig-platform-ids on the WhateverGreen manual.
      Can't get it to work and i think i have some special case since it's a dell laptop i`m dealing with.
      Here is a pic of where i am stuck.

Here is the a link to my current EFI
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bessnr9pmx14asv/AACiigB6ldp-Ebvxx1oxQfnja?dl=0
    • By tonyx86
      **********************************************************************************
      In this thread, I have fully documented the installation of macOS Catalina on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini. It is a PERFECT HackMini8,1 and is running very well for me without any issues. I hope this documentation helps you to install macOS on your hack. Please leave feedback if you think there is anything I can improve and let me know if you have any questions.
      **********************************************************************************

Background
      This is my first "modern" hack supporting UEFI and my first hack using Clover "on-the-fly" patches.  My previous hacks
      Laptop: Thinkpad T61 / Nvidia NVS 140m Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 / Nvidia G3100m Desktop: Gigabyte G31 / GeForce 9600 Desktop: Biostar TH55HD / Sapphire Pulse RX580 (Google "Catalina Biostar TH55HD" and look for user name deeveedee)  
      are all perfectly running Catalina and I patched them all "manually" - all DSDT patches applied with MaciSL with virtually no Clover on-the-fly patching and all booted Legacy Clover.  This UEFI hack was MUCH easier and took about 20 hours vs. a combined hundreds of hours for the old hacks.  I wanted a hack that was a little more future proof and I think this is it.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I am enjoying it.  It is a perfect MacMini8,1.

My system specs
      HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (I7-8700T / UHD 630 / Q370 Chipset / 32GB DDR4 RAM) 3 x DP Ports (connected to monitors using DP -> DVI adapters) 6 x USB 3.1 1 x USB Type-C 3.1 2 x NVMe SSD (M.2 PCIe x4 2280/2230 combo ports) 1 x SATA6 SSD 1 x Intel Ethernet RJ-45 Conexant CX20632 Audio Codec Unsupported M.2 PCIe x1 2230 Intel Wi-Fi.  A possible solution is here, but I am NOT offering any support for this.  
      macOS Installation 
      Important: You MUST BE LOGGED-IN to download attachments from this forum
      See macOS installation steps here See Known Issues here for additional installation steps that may not yet be included in my attached config files See CLOVER (UEFI) installation later in this first post
      See BIOS configuration in attached BIOS configuration PDF document
      See EFI and /L/E kexts in attached EliteDesk.zip archive See how I developed my installation methodology here See references here See instructions here for installing two M.2 2280 NVMe SSDs and one SATA HD / SSD  
      What is not working
      Microphone port  
      What is not tested
      USB c 3.1 port (I have partially tested the USB 3 functionality of the port and it seems to be working fine with the SSDT-UIAC.aml in the attached EliteDesk800.zip archive) Wi-Fi / Bluetooth (intentional since I have not yet replaced my Intel card). A possible solution is here, but I am not offering any support for this.

What is working
      Everything not mentioned above Sleep / Wake Multiple displays with IGPU graphics acceleration, hot pluggable display ports and DP->DVI adapters USB 3.1 ports Audio (internal speaker and headphone jack) Ethernet Auto-sensing headphone jack automatically switches to internal speaker when headphones removed  
      Known Issues and their solutions - see here

BIOS Version / Configuration
      Version: 02.11.01 Rev.A or 02.12.00 Rev.A See attached BIOS configuration in PDF document "HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini BIOS Configuration.pdf" Intel ME must be enabled for proper sleep / wake of UHD 630

Clover Configuration
      Clover for UEFI booting only Install Clover in the ESP UEFI Drivers Recommended drivers DataHubDxe FSInject SMCHelper File System drivers ApfsDriverLoader VBoxHfs Memory fix drivers OcQuirks (replaces AptioMemoryFix) Additional drivers NvmExpressDxe Install RC scripts on target volume Themes Choose your desired theme Install Clover Preference Pane (option not available when installing on USB thumb drive)  
      UHD 630 Framebuffer Patching
      See here to understand my graphics properties for use with WhateverGreen.kext Read this to see my attempt at graphics patching without WhateverGreen.kext (WEG) to get a better understanding of what WEG is doing

Current Versions
      Catalina 10.15.6 Clover (UEFI) r5122 Lilu.kext 1.4.7 WhateverGreen.kext 1.4.2 AppleALC.kext 1.5.2 IntelMausi.kext 1.0.3 (acidanthera version, not IntelMausiEthernet) NVMeFix.kext 1.0.3 EFIChecikDisabler.kext 0.5  
      Credits To be provided

ScreenShots

HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini BIOS Configuration.pdf
      EliteDesk800 G4 Mini - Rev 1.2.zip
    • By Forzenny
      Hi there,

I managed to install Mojave on my MSI GP62-6QE laptop with somewhat success. The only annoying thing left is that everytime I shut it down it seemingly kernel panics and I get the "Your computer has restarted because of a problem" at startup.

I tried many different things such as removing emuvariablesuefi64, checking FixShutdown in CloverConfig but it seems the NVRAM is causing this issue.

I have deleted the nvram file from the EFI partition but it seems stuck somewhere else, I can't clear out the nvram from the terminal or in single user mode as it returns a "Not permitted" error.
      Clearing out the nvram by pressing F11 at the boot menu screen works however.
      crashlog.rtf
    • By IvanOnMac51
      Help!!!

I was running my MacPro 5,1 happily with GeForce GTX 970 with the n-1'th versions of nvidia web driver / High Sierra for several months, when suddenly, yesterday, whilst using zoom (vidconf), system reboots with kernel panic. So,

1. I tested GPU RAM and main RAM using Tech Tool Pro, all fine.
      2. I swapped in the original graphics card so I could ..
      3. install latest High Sierra (17G14019) (I had been holding off for several weeks until an nvidia update became available, you know the drill...)
      4. install latest nvidia web driver (387.10.10.10.40.138)
      5. reboot and run Heaven graphics test

Heaven ran for a few minutes before the kernel panic rebooted the system (attached kernel panic report).
      I managed to get "chat" support from nVidia but the tech was useless, saying there were no drivers for GTX 9series for mac (which actually he seems to be right, as I can't find it listed in the supported cards on their website, but then I and many others have been happily using this for years...).

Any ideas? The computer keeps crashing with the same kernel panic. I want to keep using my GTX 970 as the stock GPU is deadly slow on any kind of games :-(

Thanks in advance for your help!
      error log.pdf