Jump to content
85 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, dindu5678 said:

Using this ig-platform make my cursor issue come back and vram drop from 3gb to 1.5gb. previously i've been fix the issue by set stolenmem and unifiedmem but doesn't work with this ig-platform.

AAPL,ig-platform-id 01005C8A

device-id 5C8A0000 if need

framebuffer-unifiedmem 000000C0

8 hours ago, dindu5678 said:

THANKS, now sleep and cursor work perfectly. Only the HDMI issue that still exists on my device.

 

1. simple patch

try

<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>

<data>

AAgAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>

<data>

AAgAAA==

</data>

 

2.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>DeviceProperties</key>

<dict>

<key>Add</key>

<dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</key>

<dict>

<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>

<string>Internal@0,31,3</string>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>Audio device</string>

<key>hda-gfx</key>

<string>onboard-1</string>

<key>layout-id</key>

<data>

BwAAAA==

</data>

<key>model</key>

<string>Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio</string>

</dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>

<data>

AQBcig==

</data>

<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>

<string>Internal@0,2,0</string>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>VGA compatible controller</string>

<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key>

<data>

hwEAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>

<data>

AAgAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>

<data>

hwEAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>

<data>

AAgAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>hda-gfx</key>

<string>onboard-1</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

 

also add boot-args "igfxonln=1"

 

i'm considering to buy icelake laptop. hdmi working is important for me.

hope to hear good news that someone got hdmi working in icelake laptop.

14 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

 

1. simple patch

try

<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>

<data>

AAgAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>

<data>

AAgAAA==

</data>

 

2.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>DeviceProperties</key>

<dict>

<key>Add</key>

<dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</key>

<dict>

<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>

<string>Internal@0,31,3</string>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>Audio device</string>

<key>hda-gfx</key>

<string>onboard-1</string>

<key>layout-id</key>

<data>

BwAAAA==

</data>

<key>model</key>

<string>Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio</string>

</dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>

<data>

AQBcig==

</data>

<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>

<string>Internal@0,2,0</string>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>VGA compatible controller</string>

<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key>

<data>

hwEAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>

<data>

AAgAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>

<data>

hwEAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>

<data>

AAgAAA==

</data>

<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>hda-gfx</key>

<string>onboard-1</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

 

also add boot-args "igfxonln=1"

 

i'm considering to buy icelake laptop. hdmi working is important for me.

hope to hear good news that someone got hdmi working in icelake laptop.

Already try the patch and the HDMI still not working and on console app showing this error message :

[IGFB][ERROR][HOT_PLUG  ] Hotplug detected on unsupported ddi 1

 

On 11/7/2020 at 4:42 PM, dindu5678 said:

THANKS, now sleep and cursor work perfectly. Only the HDMI issue that still exists on my device.

 

On 11/8/2020 at 12:53 AM, Sherlocks said:

i'm considering to buy icelake laptop. hdmi working is important for me.

 

 

19 hours ago, dindu5678 said:

Already try the patch and the HDMI still not working and on console app showing this error message :



 

 

HDMI won't work on Ice Lake. @Austere.J already mentioned about it there - https://github.com/Ardentwheel/OpenCore-Hasee-X57S1/issues/3#issuecomment-711080776

 

On 11/6/2020 at 2:23 PM, dindu5678 said:

Did you get this issue on your device?

 

nope, i don't use framebuffers patches to increase VRAM, i fixed cursor issue with changing DVMT value to 160 in my BIOS (so i don't need to use -igfxdvmt boot-arg)

Edited by b0ltun
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Austere.J, hello! Made some logs regarding some bugs with graphics: black screen on boot/glitching on login screen, HiDPi blinking screen, just logged some WEG patches too. (find out that some of patches not applying)

If it possible for you, could you please take a look into them

Edited by b0ltun
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 3:06 AM, Sherlocks said:

can we use icelake fake id on tigerlake laptop?

i really wonder that

 

I don't think so, at least daliansky tried it already, he mentioned that in gitter chat for Ice Lake users

 

btw, if someone with ice lake laptop wants to chat - here is chat

  • 1 month later...

HiDPI is finally fixed (no blinking screen while using HiDPI before sleep cycle). 

To get that HiDPI working correctly you need to inject values from original MacBookAir9,1 device-properties (you can find them here)

 

I am not sure if you really need all of iGPU device-properties to HiDPI working correctly, it's still unknown. 

 

Also, i found out that with external screen connected there is no issue with black screen after apple logo (after boot process)

 

Here are the logs with external connected and without external screen. 

 

The most interesting that in first log you can see "Link Training successful" for both sreens (internal and external) but in second one - you won't find that line. 
It's even not starting without external screen you won't find "Begin link training", "Attempt link training", "End link training"

IGFBwithoutEXTERNALscreen.log logIGFBwithEXTERNALscreenCONNECTED.log

×
×
  • Create New...