First AMD hackintosh

SavageAUS

23 posts in this topic

So I’ve built a new system.

Specs should be in signature.

I downloaded fresh Catalina, created USB, made EFI, got stuck, got passed it all the way to install screen but that’s it. I cannot see anything. I let it sit on that screen for a while but it didn’t come good. I used [mention]Pavo [/mention] oc-gen-x for base config then modified to work on my system. I’ll try updating to latest kexts and OC soon but I thought I’d ask for help at the same time. My GPU works fine in windows so I have no idea why the screen looks garbled in macOS, I’ve used this same GPU in my Skylake build so I know it works with macOS.

415ae88dcd59e61fb6f7ab71b47a26b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SavageAUS

with the recently released kexts, WIFI/BT intel integrated into the mobo now work well
you haven't put any EFI, I guess
boot arguments property
-radvesa
agdpmod=pikera

carry Clover's black screen patch to OC?

No I wanted to use my fenvi t919 card but windows is having a hard time with the Bluetooth drivers. I have both lilu and weg but no boot args or patches for my GPU as I thought it was “native”. I’ll give those boot args a go tomorrow but what is the clover patch and how to put it in OC?

10 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

So I’ve built a new system.

Specs should be in signature.

I downloaded fresh Catalina, created USB, made EFI, got stuck, got passed it all the way to install screen but that’s it. I cannot see anything. I let it sit on that screen for a while but it didn’t come good. I used [mention]Pavo [/mention] oc-gen-x for base config then modified to work on my system. I’ll try updating to latest kexts and OC soon but I thought I’d ask for help at the same time. My GPU works fine in windows so I have no idea why the screen looks garbled in macOS, I’ve used this same GPU in my Skylake build so I know it works with macOS.

415ae88dcd59e61fb6f7ab71b47a26b9.jpg

Make sure you set PCIe slot of GPU in BIOS to Gen 3 because on X570 it tries to make it run at Gen 4 settings and messes up in MacOS.

I had the same issue and it had me stumped for a while. Turned out to be the AMD AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.0.0.2 update for my BIOS. Rolled back to the version before and installer worked just fine. Should note that it's only an issue in the installers which is strange. 

I’m on bios F21, bios F20 Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.0.0.2 for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen XT

The next bios in the list for AGESA is F10 Update AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B

Do I need to go back that far? As boot args and setting pci gen to 3 didn’t help or do only need to go back to the bios before F20?

So I went back to bios F12 which is the one before F20 and all is well....mostly. I can see the screen now but no acceleration? I’ll wait till installed to check again and 3 out of 4 of my drives are showing as external. I have 2 x nvme and 2 x ssd drives. Both ssd’s are showing as external and 1 nvme as external, the other nvme that is marked as internal has windows installed on it.

And now that I have it setup I get a message about memory misconfiguration. Is this because of macPro7,1 smbios? Should I change to imacPro1,1?

I added device properties in config.plist to make the drives internal. But I’ll take a look at that file. I have Big Sur installed now as well. Both os’s work great. I also got a kext for disabling the memory thingy. I’ll check the quirk in OC but I believe it should be default. I’ll try switch it and see what happens.

Also does AMD need SSDT-EC-USBX?

Would my system be better as an iMacPro1,1?

This is how my EFI is now.

Actually with this EFI i get a KP when booting Big Sur now. Backtrace says about AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext. Catalina still boots fine.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 1.55.17 am.png

EFI.zip

Edited by SavageAUS

Ok I’ll wait for an update for the kext.

I am assuming I still need to map my USB ports? I did see on hackintool I have 3 controllers, I’ll post photos and see what renames I need. Would be nice to get sleep / wake working and I think USB is holding me up.

Besides keyboard and mouse I’ll only be using my front USB 3.0 ports and the type C port. My CPU air cooler also uses a USB 2.0 internal header that I’ll either need to mark as internal or delete.

This is my USB ports according to hackintool, do i need to make any renames? and if so from to what?

Spoiler

11289322_ScreenShot2020-08-26at8_36_40pm.thumb.png.d44efef04e1d43c55812e318db81282f.png

Edited by SavageAUS

Yeah that would be great if you could. Gives me something to go from.

Can you also share the XHCx renames patches please.

Also can we use Hackintool to map out USB ports? Instead of ioreg etc?

What about the USBPorts.kext hackintool creates? Does that work or do we need to use the SSDT’s?

Thanks, I’ll do that.

But that won’t map my USB ports will it? I’ll stull have to create a SSDT-UIAC or USBPorts.kexts yeah?

I’m hoping to use the .kext so that way the ssdt doesn’t load in windows.

P.S bios F22 is available for my board but F20 contained the agesa update which caused garbled install screen so I’m wondering if I should try it or not. F22 Improve memory compatibility.

Ok hopefully I’ll get around to mapping my ports today then I’ll finally check sleep / wake.

So I mapped the ports I will need and I had 2 unknown ports that came up IOUSBHostDevice and USB2.0 Hub x 2 and I know one should be Bluetooth and the other would be my USB input for my air cooler and one of the hubs would be the 4 USB 2.0 ports but I don’t know which is which.

Also my SSDT-UIAC.aml is loading in Windows 10 and creating an unknown device.

Spoiler

This is what macOS shows me

677029590_ScreenShot2020-08-29at4_44_13pm.png.f4bf34460ecfe8e7c8ef91ab4785858c.png

Spoiler

This is the connected devices in hackintool.

208720671_ScreenShot2020-08-29at4_45_22pm.png.5c4c4fe897b96c71b3e3d1d42ada575f.png

SSDT-UIAC.aml

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.419a23fdd9f3610c35e5e975e15320ac.jpg

Edited by SavageAUS

I’m going to remap my ports tomorrow hopefully using the dortania method with ioreg and amd-USB-map. Was so much easier on my intel machine lol. I just wanna make sure it’s all done right the first time that’s all.
Once I figure out which USB is my air cooler sleep should hopefully work.
I am curious what the ITE (device) 8595is though and if I should exclude it in my port map?
I think the IOUSBHostDevice is my cooler and one of the hubs would be Bluetooth which I’ll need to make internal and the other hub should be my io panels 2.0 ports which would be nice to keep active.

• Like 1