Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

* Improve the version information of APP
* Upgrade the database to the current latest
* Other detailed improvements and adjustments(including display of password hash and length of password salt, etc.)

Edited by ic005k

* Fix: Inputting a single character to search will cause the app to crash with a high probability.
* Fix: Some characters in the interface are not fully displayed under Linux.
* New: Downward search result jumping, can be cyclic.

* Fix: data checking errors in tables (including the "Base" field, DeviceProperties and the "Key" field of NVRAM).
* Introduced "Code Factor" to improve code quality and reduce code complexity in general.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

@ic005k Regarding build https://github.com/ic005k/QtOpenCoreConfig/releases/tag/20210917

Thanks for the update. I found an issue, though

ACPI Section: Sometime .aml files need to be loaded in a logical sequence to work. But this is currently not possible, because:

• There's no way to move entries around in the list to re-order them (there are no up and down arrows)
  • You cannot drag and drop existing list entries by mouse (or in any other way)

So if you could add the up and down arrows (like in the Kexts section) this would be great.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Sometime .aml files need to be loaded in a logical sequence to work.

For now, a workaround is that you can adjust the order by cutting and pasting.
Later, I may add using the mouse to drag and drop entries to adjust the order.

36 minutes ago, ic005k said:

For now, a workaround is that you can adjust the order by cutting and pasting.
Later, I may add using the mouse to drag and drop entries to adjust the order.

Okay. Having just the up and down arrows would be sufficient for now. Or is it too difficult to program?

Feature Request: ability to change column size in KERNEL Section to support smaller screens.

In the ACPI Section, you can change the columns sizes with the mouse and resize them manually, but in the Kernel Section, you can't. The behavior is inconsistent.

Edited by 5T33Z0

12 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Feature Request: ability to change column size in KERNEL Section to support smaller screens.

All columns are adaptive to the width of the text, and the maximum width of the column is equal to the maximum width of the text in the column, which is fully automatic.
So, please use the horizontal scrollbar to view the contents of the table beyond the screen width.

@5T33Z0You can set the scroll bar to "Always" in the System Preferences of your Mac.

• Like 1

I know that it's set to auto and I know how scrollbars work, thank you. :D  It's just clunky to handle not being able to change the column width. And it's inconsistent since manual resizing works in the ACPI Section. 

Suggestion: change Icon for "Synchronize OC Main program".  As far as using the app is concerned I've been asked a couple of times, where the Icon for updating OpenCore is. 

I think an icon similar this would make it more obvious: https://www.dreamstime.com/update-software-icon-concept-update-application-progress-icon-graphic-web-design-update-software-icon-concept-update-image124697924

@5T33Z0I'm very sorry that I don't have much time for these details, including the icons. If you are willing and have enough time, I would be happy to invite you to participate in the OCAT project, you can provide and design icons for OCAT, etc. Thank you.
Note: The recommended size of the icons is 256x256 and the format is PNG or SVG.

@5T33Z0By the way, you can attach the icon to this post and I will add it to the OCAT.

33 minutes ago, ic005k said:

@5T33Z0I'm very sorry that I don't have much time for these details, including the icons. If you are willing and have enough time, I would be happy to invite you to participate in the OCAT project, you can provide and design icons for OCAT, etc. Thank you.
Note: The recommended size of the icons is 256x256 and the format is PNG or SVG.

@5T33Z0By the way, you can attach the icon to this post and I will add it to the OCAT.

@chris1111 Sounds like somehing you might be interested in!? I'm not good with visuals an such