Marvell Yukon PCI-E 8056 works?

rgb

91 posts in this topic

Hi

I am using Asus p5b-deleuxe board/jas osx 10.48 resed.

I can run Sata(good performance on WD drive, sloooow on Seagate 7200.10) , Pata, sound(2ch) and onboard yukon (no jumbo frame).

The only missing working hardware is Yukon 8056 PCI-E, Realtek 8187L.

Anyone who know to make the missing hardware works?

Thanks

This question has been asked a couple of times, there is even a thread dedicated to this board, and a tutorial on it.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...426&hl=asus

If your using JaS 10.4.8 your going to need the IONetworking.kext from 10.4.7, the one in 10.4.8 doesn't work right.

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist

search for "8053" (no quotes) and replace with "8056" (no quotes)

Then search for "4362" (no quotes) and replace with "4364"

save the file, repair permissions and reboot.

Hi

I has been followed your guide, but i still can't to use the yukon 8056.

In the network preference, it don't display the 8056 yukon. It only display the 8001 yukon.

I would like to make dual ethernet port works.

Please help

post-28070-1164877062_thumb.jpg

To get your Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet to work, you need to add your device id to the AppleYukon.kext. Go to Terminal and type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions											 <-- changes directory
sudo nano IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist   <-- edits file

(find and change: <key>Yukon-88E8053</key>)
 (to:			  <key>Yukon-88E8056</key>)	   <-- change "53" to "56"

(find and change: <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053</string>)
 (to:			  <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056</string>)	   <-- change "53" to "56"

(find and change: <string>0x436211AB</string>)
 (to:			  <string>0x436411AB</string>)	<-- change "62" to "64"

(press Control-O)								   <-- saves changes
(press Y and Enter)								 <-- accepts saving to existing file
(press Control-X)								   <-- exits nano

sudo chown -R root:wheel IONetworkingFamily.kext	<-- repairs permissions
cd /System/Library								  <-- changes directories
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache   <-- rebuilds kextcache on reboot

Then reboot.

To get your Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet to work, you need to add your device id to the AppleYukon.kext. Go to Terminal and type:
sudo nano IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist   <-- edits file

(to:			  <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056</string>)	   <-- change "53" to "56"

sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache   <-- rebuilds kextcache on reboot

Then reboot.

Hi

I did try this, but the problem is still comes as post #3.

• 2 months later...

Thanks everyone...this worked for me in trying to get the Ethernet working on my Gigabyte 965P-DS4, which also has the Yukon Marvell 8056 (as a built in).

Just one thing though, the file I had to edit was

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist

• 1 month later...

Sorry to say, I had no luck...tried it for 5-6 times with different IONetworkingFamily.kext

it's no problem to change the numbers from 8053 to 8056 and 62... to 64... then repair chmod/chown,permissions...

some IONetworkingFamily.kext have Yukon 1 and Youkon2 inside...yukon 2 is 11b or so and the yukon 1 shows 7 in info,

however only the Yukon 1 plug in has the 8053 so I did only corrected this one.

Has anyone a working LAN with intel 865 motherboard (using Yukon 8056) ?

Do I need to "replace" another file, too ?

This worked for me.

A couple things to clarify the instructions above for anyone new to this:

1) IONetworking.kext = IONetworkingFamily.kext -- I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where IONetworking.kext went only to realize it's also IONetworkingFamily.kext

2) After I rebooted, the card showed up under networking, but it said the cable was disconnected. My router also reflected that. After trying to figure out if I had a bad cable, I did this:

a) open a terminal window

c) sudo -s

;) ifconfig en1 down

d) ifconfig en1 up

HTH,

theacolyte

• 2 weeks later...
will this also work for 88E8055 ? :(

I'd also like to know this, because yesterday I tried to install OS X on my new laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3545) and my network and sound didn't work (haven't tried wireless yet, but I think it doesn't work either).

EDIT: It works for 88E8055 too. Now I just need to get WiFi and Sound working and I'll be happy. :D

• 1 month later...

any help for the 88E1116?

I know what you are doing with the first key, and the first string, but the second one where, you change some seemingly irrelevant hex "<string>0x436211AB</string>" I have no idea what that is, or how to find out what that would be on mine. Any help?

I'd also like to know this, because yesterday I tried to install OS X on my new laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3545) and my network and sound didn't work (haven't tried wireless yet, but I think it doesn't work either).

EDIT: It works for 88E8055 too. Now I just need to get WiFi and Sound working and I'll be happy. :)

Hey Marvell, I've got a similar laptop to yours. Mine is the v3505 and after installation of osx 10.48 i get a black screen. Please can you help?

EDIT: It works for 88E8055 too. Now I just need to get WiFi and Sound working and I'll be happy. :yoji:

sorry i meant fejker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there sorry to hi jack the forum. i am to install the Marvell Yukon 88E8056 on my GA-965P-DS3 (Rev 3.3) board. i have installed the gigaby...3-4pack.1.2.dmg which installed my sounds great. when i try to

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo nano IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist

i dont get any information in the terminal at all likes a blank file. can any 1 help

when browsing System/Library/Extensions i cam across IONetworkingfamily.kext but no file for IONetworking.kext

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist

You're missing a few things in the path and targeting a nonexistent kext. A few seconds examining the extensions directory also helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
sudo nano [url="http://IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist"]IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist[/url]   <-- edits file

Then reboot.

That worked for me. Thanks

everything worked on 10.4.8 :D ......then upgraded to 10.4.10 (uphuck, pascalw), now my network is wacked :P . I can surf the web, see one of my m$ computers, but not the other, and both m$ computers cannot see my Hack.

Been stuck on this for three days and I am going nuts. I also did the apple security update for 10.4.10.

checked the /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist.....looks fine

when I go to fix an alias for the Network shares I get the network "greyed"out. If I get info on a network share the "fetching" just keeps spinning around.

uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 + PascalW 10.4.10 Update

9c491b9a.png

Intel® Core™2 Duo E6400 @ 3.20GHz (9x355) • Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 (F5 BIOS) • 2x2GB Kingston DDR2-667ATI X1600 256MB PCI-E (QE/CI/Q2DE) • Realtek ALC883 [

multichannel 5.1/7.1 (out-1/2/3/4, in/mic)] • 2x250GB Seagate SATA •

Xbench 170/240

Hi there sorry to hi jack the forum. i am to install the Marvell Yukon 88E8056 on my GA-965P-DS3 (Rev 3.3) board. i have installed the gigaby...3-4pack.1.2.dmg which installed my sounds great. when i try to

i dont get any information in the terminal at all likes a blank file. can any 1 help

when browsing System/Library/Extensions i cam across IONetworkingfamily.kext but no file for IONetworking.kext

i have similiar problem too..... can anyone help us ???

or by uploading Info.plist somewhere in the net.... thx in advance

• 2 weeks later...