ASUS A8JS

152 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've managed to get almost everything working in both Leopard and Tiger (mac.nub 10.4.10)

But I can't get either to recognize the Ethernet jack on the back of my A8Js.

I've tried RTL1xxx_1.02.pkg as suggested earlier, but nothing... EDIT: I also tried R1000.kext

I've gotten tons of help from xOny for the display and reboots. Any help with the network would be appreciated.

Thanks

CdnDave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi

I've managed to get almost everything working in both Leopard and Tiger (mac.nub 10.4.10)

But I can't get either to recognize the Ethernet jack on the back of my A8Js.

I've tried RTL1xxx_1.02.pkg as suggested earlier, but nothing... EDIT: I also tried R1000.kext

I've gotten tons of help from xOny for the display and reboots. Any help with the network would be appreciated.

Thanks

CdnDave

I don't understand why, and you'll never believe this is the solution, but here's what you need to do:

Boot windows, control panel -> system -> hardware ->device manager -> double click on NIC, advanced tab

-> on wake on lan after shutdown -> Value : enable.

Thanks to Greven for putting up the solution in this post.

Anyone that can explain to me why this is, I would greatly appreciate the explanation!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

For all people who have problems with the drivers mentioned in post 121 (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=34443&st=120&p=502580entry502580):

Do NOT have an external monitor connected when booting MacOSX. Then you will get a black screen with mouse only. Boot up with no plugged in second screen and it will boot up fine. You can connect your secondary screen at login prompt and the system automatically switch to this monitor.

Perhaps anybody knows a solution where you don't need to disconnect the other display before boot?

The only other thing which is really annoying is the line out. I have such nice speakers on my desk - i want to use them :D

Greetz, Tippi

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I have one little question about working A8Js hard disk. I have 2 OS installed, Leo 10.5.1 vanilla/efi and Winxp pro. On any systems my hdd (seagate 160gb) knocking each 3-5 min. Thermoregulation or something that. I solved this problem on WinXP by use Notebook Hardware Control 2.0 ( http://www.pbus-167.com/nhc/nhc.htm ), but i cannt do nothing on MacOS. How i can change hard drive performance mode to stop that damn knocking? Sorry for my english.

Working wireless:

No, not the Intel 3945 chip, but the Dell 1390. I bought one on eBay for $15, shipped, and swapped it out with the 3945 in the A8Js. Easy swap, too. The only screws you need to remove are those securing the hard drive cover panel. Everything else is a cakewalk, it's no different than installing a memory DIMM. As soon as I boot into OSX, the "airport" is immediately functional, and easily connects to my WPA2 802.11G network. Highly recommmend the upgrade.

FWIW, I bought a Dell 1390 Rev A05 (the highest revision no. I've seen). I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but since I read that some people had trouble with this wireless card, I thought I'd play it safe and get the most up-to-date model.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

i have also an A8JS. I've installed Leo4all with the Nektas 9.2.0 Kernel because no Vanilla Kernel works!? Ist this normal? The System works fine, but I don't see a battery on the right corner?!

Is there any Programm/Driver for a energy-saving mode or anything?

WLAN (no suprise) and my Camera are also not working fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, before always excuse me for my english I'm french

since several days trying several distribution

leo kaliway TOH but whenever I have a problem for video card the only way for me to have 1440x900 is a start with -x in darwin for safe mode.

someone could make a Tuto step by step to install an Asus A8JS

thank's for all

Hello everybody, before always excuse me for my english I'm french

since several days trying several distribution

leo kaliway TOH but whenever I have a problem for video card the only way for me to have 1440x900 is a start with -x in darwin for safe mode.

someone could make a Tuto step by step to install an Asus A8JS

thank's for all

Try use the driver on post# 121, it may works for your video.

• 1 month later...

I have installed Leo4All-v3 in my asus a8js. It works, but the only video resolution supported is 1024x768 (not 1440x900) .

I 've tried the driver of #121 post (http://rapidshare.com/files/68983445/A8JsLeopardRC2.zip).

When I start Leopard, I get a black screen with mouse only.

If I boot the OS with -x option, It works at 1440x900

but I get:

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Do you have any solution?

I've downgraded my kernel to netkas 9.2.0 and now I can boot my box at 1440x900, but QE/CI is disable.

Do you have any solution?

FELISA IM TRYING TO INSTALL IT ON MY ASUS to but getting "still waiting for root device error"

my config is a bit diffrent, 2 core 1.8ghz 2gb ram nvidia go 7700 512...how did you succedd to install it?? im trying here for days! WITH THE SAME ERROR!

I get the same error, if i use the vanilla kernel. Try the netkas 9.2.0 kernel

FELISA IM TRYING TO INSTALL IT ON MY ASUS to but getting "still waiting for root device error"

my config is a bit diffrent, 2 core 1.8ghz 2gb ram nvidia go 7700 512...how did you succedd to install it?? im trying here for days! WITH THE SAME ERROR!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

body { background: #FFFFFF; margin: 0px; padding: 4px; font-family: Verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; } Some good news !!

I installed Retail Leopard 10.5.0, then updated to 10.5.6 by combo update from apple site.

QE/CI support

Sound ok ( output and input, headphone)

Lan ok (I don't have to install any driver for Lan)

USB camera (works, but the appearance is reverse)

battery meter (don't work, anyone has an idea ?)

----------------------------------------------

For GeforceGo 7700 512M, go

http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20

download 9f23 and NVinstaller v.52

Install 9f23 , restart, install NVinstaller v.52 with the option "go"

ps: Thanks help from quitit in the osx86scene forum !!!

For Soundmax, download VoodooHDA.kext.zip from http://ifile.it/xn726sl

(I got this file from pheyx in a chinese forum, pcbeta)

for USB Camera, download from the link provided by xony in this thread

http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...0321_060308.zip

• 2 weeks later...
body { background: #FFFFFF; margin: 0px; padding: 4px; font-family: Verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; } Some good news !!

I installed Retail Leopard 10.5.0, then updated to 10.5.6 by combo update from apple site.

it's very good news,

can you explain more detail how to update the combo from apple web site?

thanks

can you please also refer me to a tutorial on how to install using the retail image?

I'm stuck on an ancient, un-upgradeable version of osx, and all attempts to use iAtkos have failed me miserably with a kernel panic...