Why the GMA900 JaS solution is NOT a solution.

B612

159 posts in this topic

Nop, nobody seeding. Cn you upload a zip with the packages to rapidshare megaupload or something?

Now i have the QE enabled with your first solution in this thread B612 , but the black squares follow me anywhere :thumbsup_anim: .thnx

I am seeding.

In this moment there are 2 seeds and 2 peers for a tracker; 1 seed and 3 peers for the other.

Give a good look and eventually try to use another bittorrent client.

after install th package my laptop dont start. It still in a blue screen and y have to reboot.

First i thougt - the resolution of the package is 1280x1024 and my screen resolution is 1280x800 max(14.1 wide)- then i start the laptop in safe mode terminal and change the com.apple.Boot.plist to a basic resolution 1024x768, but dont work.

I'm in my brother's laptop writing.

What i have to do?

b612, I was thinking if you can make a package of the gma900 supported with the screen resolution modiffied at 1280x800x32, because i don't know how do it, and send it to my email. I'm interested only inthis package.

I'm gona be really greatfully.

sebamilla [at] gmail.

thnx a lot.

The gma900 works great with jas, i will test ppc apps this weak bout i have used jas 10.4.8 for 1 mnd now with no problem...

Thomas202, this post so far has had 130 replies and almost 13000 views. Do you think that it would have been considered like this if there were no problems at all? :)

after install th package my laptop dont start. It still in a blue screen and y have to reboot.

First i thougt - the resolution of the package is 1280x1024 and my screen resolution is 1280x800 max(14.1 wide)- then i start the laptop in safe mode terminal and change the com.apple.Boot.plist to a basic resolution 1024x768, but dont work.

I'm in my brother's laptop writing.

What i have to do?

casamac, I absolutely have to know your specs. So far this pkgs have helped many people and haven't worked for many others. I know for sure that it doesn't work with GMA950 and it worked perfectly on my computer. And I know my specs, but I know nothing about the specs of those who get the blue screen. Do you have an AMD CPU?

Let me know.

The trick in the picture, was the first thing what i do to install osx86. like a year a go.

When i install from the jas patched installation 10.4.8 i have no problem with my gma915 but i haven't QE and CI.

With your first psot in this thread my laptop have full graphics with QE and CI but after a time working in the screen apperas black squares.

my laptop is a dell inspiron 630m, intelgma915 integrated graphics, centrino 1.73 ghz, 512 ddr2, 14.1 lcd screen wide 1280x800 max resolution, iwi2200 wireless working and sigmatel STAC9200 sound working.

i've tried everything, but this laptop.. ibm x41 looks like it doesn't supports both screens (lcd and external) to be switched on at the same time.. so the u wire trick is a no go:(

so there are two choices: external monitor, or going without core and quartz.. life sucks.

i've tried everything, but this laptop.. ibm x41 looks like it doesn't supports both screens (lcd and external) to be switched on at the same time.. so the u wire trick is a no go:(

so there are two choices: external monitor, or going without core and quartz.. life sucks.

why don't you give a try to this other trick?

Let us know...

• 2 weeks later...

I found something, I remove the appleintelga.plugin from the extension folder, and then os boot correctly, can change to any resolution without problem from the control panel, but, no video acceleration, and I'm not able to see the flurry screen saver or any screensaver that use hardware acceleration.

Please someone help

Well, i installed B612 GMA900 Support.pkg from B612_packages_ver._1.1.zip that someone kindly uploaded on Rapidshare. This is on a native JaS 10.4.8 installation. Everything worked fine upon reboot, except, of course, PPC apps that need OpenGL support (ex: Quicktime or Xbench w/Rosetta). So, i went ahead and installed B612 OpenGL PPC.pkg and, Voila! Quicktime w/Rosetta works, but although Xbench loads, running an OpenGL test does NOT work. I have yet to try apps like Digital Performer or Logic Pro 7 yet, which deal extensively with video (actually, i'm NOT sure if these require OpenGL, but i think it's likely). Also, i did notice one thing: After i apply B612 OpenGL PPC.pkg and i restart; i get black+blue squares on startup :) Luckily, i could go into Safe Mode and apply B612 OpenGL fast.pkg, reboot, and everything is back to normal. Alternatively, i can just run OpenGL fast pkg BEFORE i restart my hackintosh, and it works fine. Is this a bug? Or did you deliberately intend for the OpenGL PPC pkg to work ONLY when you're running 10.4.8? Great job, by the way.

Well, i installed B612 GMA900 Support.pkg from B612_packages_ver._1.1.zip that someone kindly uploaded on Rapidshare. This is on a native JaS 10.4.8 installation. Everything worked fine upon reboot, except, of course, PPC apps that need OpenGL support (ex: Quicktime or Xbench w/Rosetta). So, i went ahead and installed B612 OpenGL PPC.pkg and, Voila! Quicktime w/Rosetta works, but although Xbench loads, running an OpenGL test does NOT work. I have yet to try apps like Digital Performer or Logic Pro 7 yet, which deal extensively with video (actually, i'm NOT sure if these require OpenGL, but i think it's likely). Also, i did notice one thing: After i apply B612 OpenGL PPC.pkg and i restart; i get black+blue squares on startup ;) Luckily, i could go into Safe Mode and apply B612 OpenGL fast.pkg, reboot, and everything is back to normal. Alternatively, i can just run OpenGL fast pkg BEFORE i restart my hackintosh, and it works fine. Is this a bug? Or did you deliberately intend for the OpenGL PPC pkg to work ONLY when you're running 10.4.8? Great job, by the way.

The OpenGLPPCpkg is intended to work only for awhile, i.e. during the process of using the PPC application that wouldn't work normally. In fact, you don't need to reboot after installing it.

Just after using the PPC apps you need, click on OpenGLFast and everything will be set to normal. :)

Hey,

I found another solution to this problem.

What i did was install BOTH the GMA900 and the GMA950 packages during the install (Jas 10.4.8 Intel-dvd)

After the install i changed my colourscheme from normal to the "Adobe RGB 1998" one

rebooted

and got everything working just the way its supposed to ^_^

Edited by Maximuss

Hey,

I found another solution to this problem.

What i did was install BOTH the GMA900 and the GMA950 packages during the install (Jas 10.4.8 Intel-dvd)

After the install i changed my colourscheme from normal to the "Adobe RGB 1998" one

rebooted

and got everything working just the way its supposed to ^_^

Seems great! Can your PPC video apps work like this? I mean, can you use QuickTime under Rosetta? Can you run your screensaver normally?

Seems great! Can your PPC video apps work like this? I mean, can you use QuickTime under Rosetta? Can you run your screensaver normally?

Just tested launching QT under rosetta and it crashed, so i guess that answers that question :P

All the intelstuff seems to work perfectly and my screensaver works as well :mellow:

Just tested launching QT under rosetta and it crashed, so i guess that answers that question :P

All the intelstuff seems to work perfectly and my screensaver works as well :rolleyes:

If QT under rosetta crashed, then you haven't found anything, because with the normal GMA 900 patches the situation for everybody was exactly like yours. The reason why this topic started is that PPC video apps (like QT under rosetta) crash. For that, I made B612 packages, which help and allow you to use PPC video apps, if you need to. In my case, I needed to use Sibelius, which is not Universal and would not work without my packages.

So sad you haven't found the solution!

If QT under rosetta crashed, then you haven't found anything, because with the normal GMA 900 patches the situation for everybody was exactly like yours. The reason why this topic started is that PPC video apps (like QT under rosetta) crash. For that, I made B612 packages, which help and allow you to use PPC video apps, if you need to. In my case, I needed to use Sibelius, which is not Universal and would not work without my packages.

So sad you haven't found the solution!

sorry there b612, i was thinking a bit too much about my own config there :) hope i haven't offended u, its great u made the packages dont get me wrong :)