*FIXED * Natit not working, but its supossed to 7600 GT 256 PCIe

davidovi

27 posts in this topic

I installed this card to my brother, everything works but Geforce!

I tried to use Natit (and all the mods), with a Gainward Geforce 7600 GT 256 PCIe, but I only get garbage on screen, like all the screen made of black and white noisy blocks.

The only thing I managed to get is by editing the info.plist of Geforce.kext , setting the IOMatch to 0x0000391 wich is what Natit detects.

It works, but CI/QE shows as incompatible, so I dont know what more to do.

Looking at the system.log, Natit detects the card perfectly.

I searched all the forum, and I didn't see any 7600 GT with same specs not working, so I think I'm the only one in the world having problems with this card.

Anyone can help me please?

Thanks

EDIT:

The current status is NOT WORKING

What I've tried so far is:

Reinstall SO, checked DVD install for errors.

Repeated the steps I did in my own PC (wich work). Using the same output connector.

Tried, titan and natit.

Edit Geforce.plist letting only Device ID: 0x0391 as parameter (works, but not QE/CI)

This is the strangest think I ever seen.

My computer and this one, are identical. The only difference as far as I know, its the Sound, with its Sigmatel 9223 and mine its 9220.

EDIT2:

wow, this is crazy. I changed the mobo with one exactly the same version like mine, and still the same problem.

Edited by davidovi

I am guessing your Nvidia drivers are screwed up. Are you running 10.4.8? Was it a clean install?

Which version of the Natit are you working with? The "new" one? Try this one: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=5768

Yes, it was a clean 10.4.8 JaS install (kernel daemonES applyed later), in fact I installed the same DVD on my pc in the same way, and we have both the same components except the geforce.

Also, I tried with the latest natit aswell.

This is really strange, because 7600 should work superb! Maybe you could try using Titan instead? I used the 11/4 release of Titan on 7600GS and 7900GT, in both cases things worked perfectly WITHOUT any kext editing.

She speaks the truth. My 7900GS works just fine.

She speaks the truth. My 7900GS works just fine.

No doubt, my 7600GS works fine. I just got two more.

... we have both the same components except the geforce.

Actually, I have yet to try Natit on my D945GNTLKR, I am running it on my BadAxe1.

What are your BIOS GMA settings? Have you disabled it?

well, now I tried on my system with the second titan version I'm using, and it worked perfectly.

Tomorrow, I'll test in my brother's pc again, repeating the same steps I did with mine and plugin the monitor to the dvi connector.

I just plugged the card, restarted with -x -v, deleted caches and restarted.

100% working.

So if it fails, I'll reinstall the NVDA* and Geforce kexts with pacifist to see if its driver related or not.

ok, I tried now on my brothers PC and still the same problem. The only thing that is displayed ok is the mouse pointer, the rest

of the graphics are messed up, black and white big noisy blocks.

I'm attaching the boot sequence log for you to see.

The kernel says repeatedly, kernel[0]: Graphics chip error! Restarted.

lots of time.

It only works in safe mode, so no QE nor CI.

Now I'll try to reinstall the system, but Im not very sure this will fix anything, as I copyed over the kexts from install dvd again and also

I updated the mobo bios to the latest version too.

Boot_Sequence_with_error.txt

i don't think natit/titan supports 7-series nvidia

yes, it does perfectly.

ok, I tried now on my brothers PC and still the same problem. The only thing that is displayed ok is the mouse pointer, the rest

of the graphics are messed up, black and white big noisy blocks.

I'm attaching the boot sequence log for you to see.

The kernel says repeatedly, kernel[0]: Graphics chip error! Restarted.

lots of time.

It only works in safe mode, so no QE nor CI.

Now I'll try to reinstall the system, but Im not very sure this will fix anything, as I copyed over the kexts from install dvd again and also

I updated the mobo bios to the latest version too.

have you tried putting your card in his system or his in yours? do you still get that error? (maybe the card has issues).

regardless, i've found that latest titan drivers didnt work with my 7600gt so i had reverted to a slightly older build (i think i tried the first natit/radeon hybrid version and it didnt work).

try using this verion, its what i have. make sure you fix permissions and stuff :

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Libary/Extensions/Natit.kext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extension.kextcache

have you tried putting your card in his system or his in yours? do you still get that error? (maybe the card has issues).

Putting his card to my system works well, without needing to edit plist or anything, just works out of the box with Titan 4 nov, but I supose it will work with natit aswell.

I've tried all posible combinations, and even changed his motherboard, wich is slight different of mine, with one exactly the same as mine.

Even with that, the results are the same. In windows, on his PC the card works perfect, so the problem isnt the card.

The only thing left to try is to put my card to his PC, and I will try on few days.

Anyway, this is one of the strangest thing I've ever seen :D

The only thing I managed to get is by editing the info.plist of Geforce.kext , setting the IOMatch to 0x0000391 wich is what Natit detects.

EDIT:

Edit Geforce.plist letting only Device ID: 0x0391 as parameter (works, but not QE/CI)

try this:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x039110de</string>

Change: <string>0x000010de&0x0000ffff</string>

-- to --

<string>0x039110de</string>

yeah, I realized I was setting the ID wrong at first.

I put the string just like that <string>0x039110de</string>, and still doesnt work.

I set the this ID on NVDAN40Hal.kext, Geforce.kext and NVDAResman.kext.

Is detected, as I see Matching Service Count=1 , 2 or something, but at the end, the results are the same.

It worked before without CI/QE because I setted the ID wrong on Geforce.kext <string>0x0391</string>, so the card wasnt detected by this kext.

The others two, detected it without problems once Titan published its presence, with no need to edit plist.

So the kext that its giving me problems its obiously Geforce.kext.

Well, I posted about my troubles in another thread, but I'll repeat here because it may be your problem. I had built-in GMA graphics like you do, and I kept getting display matching errors, and could never fully boot until I deleted all traces of GMA drivers, including the framebuffer.

I am no expert like some of you guys on here, but I think something is weird with GMA boards, at least mine. I had problems in Windows, too, after installing my Nvdia card. Windows would crash at startup until I disabled GMA drivers in device manager. It seems (at least in my case) that GMA drivers load even if you have an external card in there, which was preventing the nvidia mac (and windows) driver from loading. Maybe I have a defective board. I dunno.

I tried this too, but no luck

I moved all the kexts I thought had something to do with the gma, even the FrameBuffer.

The last thing that remains me to try is to put the same bios version Im using. because I remember I had problems using newer versions with the GMA and my geforce between windows and macosx.