[GUIDE] Gigabyte GA-Z370N-WIFI + i7 8700K + UHD 630 + Catalina 10.15.5

ludufre

73 posts in this topic

ludufre:

another question ... for some reason, sleep doesn't work after logging in.

after booting up, if the machine sits on the login page, sleep works.

once i logged in, do something (i.e. launch safari), the machine doesn't go to sleep.

enabling and disabling "powe napping" option doesn't make any differences.

any guidance?  thank you.

dh22r

@ludufre Thank you for your guide! I too am running Catalina (currently 10.15.4) on a Gigabyte z370n WiFi with an Intel i7 8700k processor and onboard HD 630 graphics. I have recently migrated from Clover to OpenCore. Check out Dortania's excellent guide.

Before making any changes, be sure to backup your data! I'd also suggest testing any new configuration on a bootable USB before moving it to the hard drive. To do so, simply format a USB with a GUID Partition Map, mount the USB's EFI partition, copy the EFI folder you'd like to test, and boot from the USB.

I've attached my OpenCore EFI folder. I believe the only change you'll have to make is to update your SMBIOS info in the PlatformInfo - Generic section of EFI/OC/config.plist using ProperTree. You can either migrate your existing MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID or generate them using CorpNewt's GenSMBIOS application.

NOTE: OpenCore successfully injects kexts from the EFI/OC/Kexts folder. I'm running a clean system so if you have added any kexts to your system (i.e. sudo mv -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.15/* /Library/Extensions/ ) you may need to remove them before migrating. Cheers!

EFI.zip

BIOS.zip

Edited by danofun
added SmallTreeIntel82576.kext to enable I211 NIC
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, danofun said:

@ludufre Thank you for your guide! I too am running Catalina (currently 10.15.4) on a Gigabyte z370n WiFi with an Intel i7 8700k processor and onboard HD 630 graphics. I have recently migrated from Clover to OpenCore. Check out Dortania's excellent guide.

Before making any changes, be sure to backup your data! I'd also suggest testing any new configuration on a bootable USB before moving it to the hard drive. To do so, simply format a USB with a GUID Partition Map, mount the USB's EFI partition, copy the EFI folder you'd like to test, and boot from the USB.

I've attached my OpenCore EFI folder. I believe the only change you'll have to make is to update your SMBIOS info in the PlatformInfo - Generic section of EFI/OC/config.plist using ProperTree. You can either migrate your existing MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID or generate them using CorpNewt's GenSMBIOS application.

NOTE: OpenCore successfully injects kexts from the EFI/OC/Kexts folder. I'm running a clean system so if you have added any kexts to your system (i.e. sudo mv -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.15/* /Library/Extensions/ ) you may need to remove them before migrating. Cheers!

EFI.zip

Thanks! I'll try later.

Great Job! 

CPU: i3-9100

Motherboard: ASUS TUF B360m gaming

Instead of Clover, I'm a newbie and using Opencore. My motherboard only has a HDMI and a DVI ports, I cannot make dual monitor work, I must unplug the DVI and put it back in when I boot my hackintosh, otherwise both 2 monitors have lot of stripe on them. Only HDMI one works after awake.

I tried both Macmini8,1 and iMac19.1, no luck.

I'm gonna try your EFI out, just the framebuffer part.

May I have any suggestions from you? 

2.png

Edited by McWei

On 4/27/2020 at 9:20 AM, danofun said:

EFI.zip

Hi

I gave it a shot and it didnt work. I am not sure what the reasons were.... So i have a few questions.

1. Did you make changes to the BIOS settings? If so, could you share that profile and also can you say what bios firmware you were on?

2. Why did you add SSDT-AWAC? When I was debugging, I searched AWAC in my DSDT and couldnt find it and so it said to skip it. I tried that and it didnt work....

Also, i am using iMac19,1 SMBIOS.

My config Z370N Wifi, i3-8100

Thanks. 

@McWei as we are running completely different hardware, I not sure I can be of any help. I would refer you to Dortania's excellent guide.

@cvt123

1. Currently running BIOS F14a. To be honest, I’m not sure how my BIOS settings differ from defaults. I’ve attached my BIOS profile to my previous post.

2. Gigabyte z370 boards use an AWAC (ACPI Wake Alarm Counter/Clock) and not the Mac recognizable RTC (Real Time Clock). SSDT-AWAC makes the correction. Details can be further explored here.

Edited by danofun

Hi @ludufreThank you for this guide which helps me a lot with my Hackintosh. Could you please tell me if your usb-c is working well.
Mine doesn't mount my USB stick when I plug it in. On the other hand, all other usb ports works great. I used Hackintool, and when I plug in the usb-c, nothing happens, I have no lines that turn green. Same thing with IORegistryExplorer, it doesn't show me my usb key.
I checked that the USBInjectAll kext is installed and the patch to increase the limit is well configured. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
[mention=989673]ludufre[/mention] Thank you for your guide! I too am running Catalina (currently 10.15.4) on a Gigabyte z370n WiFi with an Intel i7 8700k processor and onboard HD 630 graphics. I have recently migrated from Clover to OpenCore. Check out Dortania's excellent guide.

EFI.zip
BIOS.zip

Hi [mention]danofun [/mention]! Could you tell me if all your video ports is working great ? The two HDMI and the Display Port please ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
[mention=989673]ludufre[/mention] Thank you for your guide! I too am running Catalina (currently 10.15.4) on a Gigabyte z370n WiFi with an Intel i7 8700k processor and onboard HD 630 graphics. I have recently migrated from Clover to OpenCore. Check out Dortania's excellent guide.

EFI.zip
BIOS.zip

Hi [mention]danofun [/mention]! Could you tell me if all your video ports is working great ? The two HDMI and the Display Port please ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

@ludufre, thanks for this guide. Helped me to get Catalina working on my MSI Z370 Gaming Plus + 8700K. I could not get the UHD 630 working on this motherboard though. Whatever I did I would get random video corruption and eventual crashes, think there's something wrong with the MSI BIOS implementation.
Instead I used an RX 5700 XT and disabled the iGPU, works out of the box (with agdpmod=pikera). I used the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS as without this I would get app crashes due to it trying to access the iGPU for acceleration. Sleep works. Requires drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.
Very solid hackintosh now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 11:17 PM, ludufre said:

I jumped to Big Sur. But probably work with updated Kexts

Thanks, 10.15.6 works for me so far. Could you tell us what changes you made to the configuration to get it working on Big Sur compared to Catalina? Or no changes at all?

Figured out the iGPU issue on MSI Z370 Gaming Plus + 8700K, you need to set the Primary GPU as the iGPU if you have a discreet card installed. After this setting everything is stable and no graphics corruption, plus the iGPU appears in "About this Mac". Worth adding to your tutorial for this motherboard.