GFX that Supports DRM?

WizeMan

7 posts in this topic

Hello all!

Quite a noob with the Hackintosh stuff. I recently set up a vanilla install of 10.15.1 on a pc with:

Gigabyte z370m sd3h

i3-8350K

I am currently using the i3 's iGPU (Intel UHD 630) and DRM content does not play (Netflix, Prime Video, AppleTV+ or iTunes Movies) and I am looking to upgrade with a GFX Card that works with DRM content.

Do you have any experience on a GFX Card that plays well DRM Content?

Thank you in advance.

48 minutes ago, Hervé said:

For instance, Netflix will systematically fail to play videos in Safari whether on a Hackintosh or a real Mac but it's Ok with Chrome.

Thats funny because I have Netflix working in Safari without issues. See attached movie

2 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Safari, AppleTV, and iTunes Movies are in the same bag and won't play DRM content on most hackintosh. 

Not quite true, as Herve says having the latest versions of Lilu + WEG kexts and a little tinkering should enable the ability to play DRM Movies and Stream Apple TV. There is an old tutorial that's been around for a while how to enable DRM on a Hack, may still work on Catalina but mine worked right away. On my hack I can play all my purchased iTune movies and currently I am watching 'The Morning Show' with Jenifer Aniston (cause I got the hots for her :drool: :hysterical::hysterical: ). I don't know about Netflix though as I don't subscribe to the service.

So I guess, it depend on system configuration, I has always used the dgpu with igp turned on in headless mode, And I wasn't able to play netflix or itune DRM contents in my hack regardless of hack method applied. I heard netflix won't played on external monitor when it can't verify if it's hdcp compliance monitor.

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Not quite true, as Herve says having the latest versions of Lilu + WEG kexts and a little tinkering should enable the ability to play DRM Movies and Stream Apple TV. There is an old tutorial that's been around for a while how to enable DRM on a Hack, may still work on Catalina but mine worked right away. On my hack I can play all my purchased iTune movies and currently I am watching 'The Morning Show' with Jenifer Aniston (cause I got the hots for her :drool: :hysterical::hysterical: ). I don't know about Netflix though as I don't subscribe to the service.

What is your configuration?

BTW I do have Lilu & WEG on my Configuration. I do have hardware acceleration but no DRM.

2 hours ago, WizeMan said:

What is your configuration?

The 3rd system in my profile is where I am abled to play DRM movies in iTune and stream Apple TV services, this system was heavily configured with the help of Glasgood, AudioGod and MaLdon. The 2nd system in my profile is also able to play DRM material but I never tried streaming services, this was configured with trial and error plus running a lengthy script that was floating around the web in a tutorial a few years back.