edutbh

Mojave hangs on shutdown and restart

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi people,

I'm having some issues getting my hackintosh to work 100%. It's at 99%, and the only problem that I have is with shutdown/restart. Whenever I try to shutdown or restart my computer, it will go to the spinner screen, and in the case of a shutdown, the spinner will just be stuck and the computer will not shutdown, while in the case of a restart the spinner will be just a sad line of 2 or 4 white pixels in the bottom half of the screen, with the computer also failing to do anything else, forcing me to either shut down the PSU using it's on/off switch or by pressing the case's restart button. I may also add that I, before buying a RX 570, had a working setup with the UHD 630, it would shutdown/restart without a problem (if the primary video output port in the bios was set to PCI01). I have also made an USB SSDT patch for the 15-port limit, but that has not helped. Anyways, here's my setup:

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G84)

SMBIOS iMac19,2 (if that matters)

i3-8100

UHD 630 (Device ID 0x3E98, enabled in bios)

Gigabyte RX 570

Gigabyte B360M-D3H

No extra PCI cards

Also, my config.plist, my USB SSDT patch, and a screenshot of my kexts and drivers folders are attached.

config.plist

SSDT_USB.aml

drivers64.png

kexts.png

Edited by edutbh

Advertisement

Hi and welcome to InsanelyMac.

Run this app, and upload the file result here.
RunMe

Did you already tried @MaLd0n's guides?

PS: We have a Portuguese section here, if you want, you can post there also ;)

Hi!

I've attached the .zip here. I'll check out @MaLd0n's 300 series guide and see if I can make sense out of it. I actually just used a EFI folder I found on Github for the motherboard I have, but mine's so different now that I don't even know if it still counts.

Send me Eduardos-Mac.lan.zip

3 hours ago, edutbh said:

Hi!

I've attached the .zip here. I'll check out @MaLd0n's 300 series guide and see if I can make sense out of it. I actually just used a EFI folder I found on Github for the motherboard I have, but mine's so different now that I don't even know if it still counts.

Send me Eduardos-Mac.lan.zip

Arquivo Comprimido.zip

12 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Damn, it worked!! Thank you so much, now one of my only complaints with this hack is gone. Now let's see if the wake from sleep/display standby is fixed. Again, thank you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DannyG16
      Hi Guys, I've been at this for a few days now, and I haven't been able to get any further.
      This is my 4th Hackintosh build, and I've literally never been so stuck. I'm pretty sure it's related to my motherboard...

Here's my hardware:
      HUANANZHI X79-8D Dual XEON E5-2680v2 CPUs 128 GB of DDR3 Ram   Radeon R580 (reusing from my previous Hackintosh, I know it's 100% compatible)

Here's what I've done so far:

Created the clover USB with EUFI
      Disabled VTd & serial ports in BIOS

if I boot with these arguments, here my error:

-v Keep Symbols Don't reboot at panic Here's a link to my EFI files

• By jdorz
      Hello all,

I have successfully gotten my Hackintosh working 99 percent. The remaining issue that I am running into is that my system will randomly kernel panic upon a user issued shutdown or reboot WHEN I have either a usb sound card or usb headset plugged into any of my USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0). If I remove the headset, it will power down with no issues. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My system is as follows:
      MacOS 10.14 Mojave
      Gigabyte H370 HD3
      8400 i5 Coffee Lake
      Radeon RX 580 sound card

I have the internal audio disabled. I have also attached my config.plist file.

I have the following Kexts installed:

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
      USBInjectAll.kext
      FakeSMC.kext
      WhateverGreen.kext
      IntelMausiEthernet.kext
      XHCI-300-series-injector.kext

Lilu.kext

Thank you.
      config.plist
    • By Alesss
      Good morning,

I've the following pieces of hardware:
      - i7 6700K
      - GTX 1080
      - Asus Z170 Deluxe
      - NVME hard drives

Yesterday I've successfully completed a High Sierra installation (I can't migrate to Mojave due to missing NVIDIA web drivers) but the system (even though it works correctly) seems to show a kernel panic at every shutdown/reboot.

Please find the RunMe.app report attached.

A couple of notes:
      - I've installed the audio kexts through the acidanthera AppleALC procedure
      - I've generated the SSDT with pikessdt script
      - Nvidia web drivers have been installed with the vulgo/webdriver.sh script that requires the WhateverGreen and the ngfxcompat=1 boot argument
      - AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext have been used to unlock the full potential of the integrated Wi-Fi card
      - I've tried to clean nvram and motherboard CMOS with no avail
      - I've tried to update Clover to the latest version but it always results in an unbootable system

It's a pity because everything seems to work correctly (USB ports, graphics, Wifi card, Continuity and so on. I haven't tried sleep but I don't use it anyway ) but this crash is fairly annoying.

Thank you very much,
      Alesss

Send me Ales-iMac.zip
    • By Pentothal.Z
      Hello all,
      I have a working hackintosh....ok.....but it takes a lot to boot and according to the boot.log there are a few problems.
      One of them is a black screen that stays on for a long time.
      I would like to ask anyone in this community some help to fine tune my machine.
      Boot.log and config.plist attached

Any help would be appreciated.
      bootlog.txt
      config.plist
    • By dbx103
      I'm having so much problem following guide and forums making impossible for me to understand,  MaciASL, Could someone disable my Nvidia card by editing my files.

origin.zip