Mojave hangs on shutdown and restart

edutbh

21 posts in this topic

Hi people,

I'm having some issues getting my hackintosh to work 100%. It's at 99%, and the only problem that I have is with shutdown/restart. Whenever I try to shutdown or restart my computer, it will go to the spinner screen, and in the case of a shutdown, the spinner will just be stuck and the computer will not shutdown, while in the case of a restart the spinner will be just a sad line of 2 or 4 white pixels in the bottom half of the screen, with the computer also failing to do anything else, forcing me to either shut down the PSU using it's on/off switch or by pressing the case's restart button. I may also add that I, before buying a RX 570, had a working setup with the UHD 630, it would shutdown/restart without a problem (if the primary video output port in the bios was set to PCI01). I have also made an USB SSDT patch for the 15-port limit, but that has not helped. Anyways, here's my setup:

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G84)

SMBIOS iMac19,2 (if that matters)

i3-8100

UHD 630 (Device ID 0x3E98, enabled in bios)

Gigabyte RX 570

Gigabyte B360M-D3H

No extra PCI cards

Also, my config.plist, my USB SSDT patch, and a screenshot of my kexts and drivers folders are attached.

config.plist

SSDT_USB.aml

drivers64.png

kexts.png

Edited by edutbh

3 hours ago, edutbh said:

Hi!

I've attached the .zip here. I'll check out @MaLd0n's 300 series guide and see if I can make sense out of it. I actually just used a EFI folder I found on Github for the motherboard I have, but mine's so different now that I don't even know if it still counts.

Send me Eduardos-Mac.lan.zip

Arquivo Comprimido.zip

• 4 months later...

hi, i have a similar issue with OP. for exp : when I'm playing music suddenly the music crackle or hangs and the mouse cursor starts to shutter and couple of second latter the system restart by itself. and when im back there is no kernel log or error log or anything. its really wierd.

and this is my result when Runme.app. 

i hope someone can help me, thx before

Send me VXs-iMac.zip

3 hours ago, klard1219 said:

hi, i have a similar issue with OP. for exp : when I'm playing music suddenly the music crackle or hangs and the mouse cursor starts to shutter and couple of second latter the system restart by itself. and when im back there is no kernel log or error log or anything. its really wierd.

and this is my result when Runme.app. 

i hope someone can help me, thx before

Send me VXs-iMac.zip

first u need a correct config, check my efi folder, reboot and extract new send_me

https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/CLOVER.SERIES.100.200.300.zip

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kiiker said:

hi i have this issue too, where i would go restart on apple menu and it gives me reboot 0x0 flags and hangs right there, also im trying to make backup with ccc and it hangs entire hackintosh on updating preboot would it be somehow related.

Send me Mac-Pro.lan.zip

Arquivo Comprimido.zip

use my files with my efi folder

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8222

• 3 months later...
On 1/22/2020 at 12:05 PM, kiiker said:

hi i have this issue too, where i would go restart on apple menu and it gives me reboot 0x0 flags and hangs right there, also im trying to make backup with ccc and it hangs entire hackintosh on updating preboot would it be somehow related.

Send me Mac-Pro.lan.zip

I have the same problem, @MaLd0n Please, Can you help me?

• 1 month later...

good day. I don’t know if I am writing in that topic. but i have the same problem. When rebooting, it freezes. Catalina 10.15.5 bootloader openensor 0.6.0. Do not tell me how to solve the problem? I ran the RUNME file. If you need it. Tell me how I can solve my problem.

Send me Mac-Pro.zip

Edited by OblakoLive

• 3 weeks later...

works for me on Mojave 10.14.1
If you have intel hd Graphics 4000 +
set ram mhz in bios lower,example 

i have 1600mhz Ram speed and set it to 1333mhz and my screen wont freeze.

Edited by Imac27"

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, pgolshan said:

I hope this thread is still live. I have Mojave as well on my Hakintosh. If I try to shut down and restart the screen goes black and I still see the mouse pointer. It wll hang there. I am uploading the Semd me mac. Please take a look. I have tried everything that I have found online but cannot seem to find a solution. Send me Paymons-iMac.zip

use this folder

https://tinyurl.com/ttu8wyt

reboot and extract new sendme

4 minutes ago, RottingEgo said:

Im having a very similar issue. I converted from Clover to OC, everything works fine, but I can't shut the computer off (Mac or Windows). The monitor shut off but the fans and lights stay on the computer. 

Send me Rotting-Mac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

remove ssdts use only dsdt

check RebaseRegions in acpi tab

• Like 1