I have legacy system (ASUS Rampage III / i7 920 CPU) with a working Catalina System running and previously booted by Clover.
Since the last days I have switched to OpenCore and finally now I have a working legacy System booted by OpenCore.
Nearly everything is working but I can't upgrade to Big Sur.
In the System Software-Update Preferences I have downloaded the Big Sur Upgrade and have started the Upgrade Process.
After the first restart a new partition "macOS Installer" was found and this volume I had selected for continuing the upgrade Progress.
Sadly the upgrade ends to a "endless reboot without progress" and I don't know why....
What I have done so far:
1. Working Catalina with Upgrade Process startet
2. My used EFI: EFI.zip
Note: Folders Microsoft and Resources cleared due to upload file size limit...
I have been using my hackintosh for a while without any problems, until my monitor is replaced with a new one... Previously I was using 2 monitors connected via HDMI + DVI, now - with new one, I am using HDMI + DP, and my hackintosh stopped working. On every boot, everything I see is black screen... When I connect only one monitor (via HDMI or DP) - everything works fine.
I have tried many things:
- CSM off / on
- PEG + iGPU (64MB/128MB) / only PEG
- SSDT patching / DeviceProperties patch
- VBIOS reflash
- BIOS reflash
- Changing cables
- Resetting NVRAM
- Changing SMBIOS
Nothing helps… Fun fact - for 2 days everything was ok, the black screen problem appeared suddenly... So I am writing this post, maybe someone more knowledgeable will be able to help me
- Intel Core i5 4690k 3,5GHz (overclocked to 4,4GHz)
- MSI Z97 Gaming 3
- MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
- Kingston 16GB DDR3
- macOS Big Sur
- Dual boot with Windows 10
- Acer VG272U [email protected] (connected via DP 1.4)
- LG 23MP48 [email protected] (connected via HDMI 2.0)
- OpenCore 0.6.3
- Full EFI: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eul7SnOEunfJOxBGD3Ygcmkc9f80DrlN/view?usp=sharing
- UEFI Boot Mode
- CFG Lock and VT-D are disabled
- iGPU is disabled right now, but it doesn't make any difference somehow in this situation. iGPU is HD4600
- I have SSDT patch in my ACPI folder, which works fine - R9 390 works pretty fast, but I have never edited AMD8000Controller - is it required?
- I also have all needed kexts (AppleALC, AetherosE2200Ethernet, Lilu, VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen)
- if I made linguistic mistakes somewhere - forgive me, I don't use English every day