dracoflar

OpenCore Vanilla Desktop Guide

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So you've been reading the forum on this brand new boot loader called OpenCore hoping to try it out but you take one look at the configurations PDF and take a step back in shock at the complexity! Well if you've been feeling a bit intimidated by the DOCS well you've come to the right place:

OpenCore Vanilla Desktop Guide

If you have any issues or suggestions please feel free to comment

- Your local neighbourhood Hackintosh Slav

Edited by Allan

Advertisement

@ekwiptSo regarding Broadwell E support, more specifically the X79, X99, X299, C612 platforms, within the guide posses quite a few issues. Specifically that there is no real "one size fits all" guide that can be used as there's quite a bit of variation between each system and even the firmware on it. I personally have yet to find a guide that encompasses the HEDT platform properly but if you have a guide in mind I would gladly look into this as I want to have OpenCore be available to more users. There's also a simple "Converting Clover to OpenCore" section in the works that would allow users to migrate their current installs to OpenCore.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JackBauer24
      Hello,

I have installed OSx86 10.11 (El Capitan) on April 2016 on my Asus Z170 Deluxe system.

For installation I used this Thread.

I used it a lot and it worked well. Meanwhile I switched to Linux and I use Win10 time to time. So OSX was forgotten. Also it did not boot correctly anymore.

Now I wanted to start with a fresh installation and use OSX more often again. I want to use OSX 10.13 High Sierra. Is it working on my Asus Z170 Deluxe? I have the same Hardware as of April 2016 only the graphics card was updated to a Nvidia GTX1080.

My Hardware in detail: Asus Z-170-Deluxe (Bios 3801), i7-6700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, Samsung 950 Pro/M2 NVME 512MB, HDD 4 TB)
      Can I use some of support files from the old thread for the installation (see attachment)? Can I still use  Clover 2.3k r3292 Special Edition v2 ? Or do I need a newer version?

Has someone installed High Sierra successfully on the Asus Z170 Deluxe ?

About some hints where to start I would be thankful.

regards
      JackBauer24

Z170DeluxeFiles.zip
    • By vit9696
      OpenCorePkg / Documentation / Configuration Template / Bugtracker   Discussion and installation should be done in a separate thread! This thread is for development only!
      Current status as of April 2019: Support for UEFI and DuetPkg (legacy) booting APFS and HFS+ compatibility ACPI patcher (adding, dropping, binary patching, relocation) Apple-compatible bless implementation DeviceProperties injection DataHub and SMBIOS generation Symbolic kext and kernel patcher Direct kext injection/patching/blocking within prelinkedkernel Installation/Recovery/FileVault 2 support  Configuration in config.plist with open documentation Simple boot picker for quick launch Direct boot from dmg images  
      Known defects live here.  
      For those, who are not familiar with the history, OpenCore is a project initially born in HermitCrabs Lab that unfortunately almost died before its birth. This release is both a rebirth and a complete rewrite of OpenCore, which brings a number of new ideas, and tries to preserve the smart moves incorporated by iNDi and his team. Other than that, I wish to express my deepest words of gratitude to Acidanthera and WWHC members: your participation was and remains the key for project success, and you are simply the best.
    • By steamteam
      Hey everyone,

after years I come back to Hackintosh. In the early days I played with ozmosis and my good old 4700k. Now I'm back and worked around a 100% working setup with enough power to get me through all my tasks like audio, video cut etc.

In this short tutorial I will guide you through BIOS Settings and give you access to my EFI Folder. This I do because I haven't found anything on the web for my setup. Maybe it will help some of you. When you follow the steps you will have a perfect running Hackintosh  like I do have now  

I've chosen the iMac 18,3 because of the easy integration of both Graphic Units and the support of HEVC. 

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 9700k (Overclocked in Bios to 4,7 GHz)
      SMBIOS: iMac18,3 (Because of Dedicated Graphics and HEVC Intel Support)
      RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 (XMP Profile to 3200MHz)
      Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7b17) <- It's the model without WLAN/Bluetooth
      Graphic Card: Sapphire RX580 Nitro+
      Bluetooth & WLAN: Broadcom Card in PCI Adapter

What is working: 

Almost everything! All USB Ports, Intel Power Management, Bluetooth, WLAN, LAN, Intel Graphics HEVC, Boot/Reboot, Sleep

What is not working: 

Facetime & iMessage (Don't need it but I will come back to this)

Steps:

1. Create Mojave 10.14.5 USB Drive | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CZDXxKfodE&amp;t=95s | Us this tutorial or search the forum
      2. Load my EFI Folder: https://workupload.com/file/zkJ4zdQk
      3. Go into your bios and use my settings in the Screenshot I attached 
      4. Boot from USB Stick | Install Mojave | Boot into Mojave (Check other Tutorials if you don't know how)
      5. Generate Serials with Clover Configurator
      6. Happy Hackintosh Life! 

Kext I use:

AppleALC.kext | Needed for Sound
      BrcmFirmwareData.kext | Needed for my WLAN/Bluetooth Card 
      BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext | Needed for my WLAN/Bluetooth Card 
      BrcmPatchRAM2.kext | Needed for my WLAN/Bluetooth Card 
      CodecCommander.kext | Fix Problems after Sleep
      CPUFriend.kext | Perfect Power Management for my CPU
      CPUFriendDataProvider.kext | Perfect Power Management for my CPU
      FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext | Needed for my WLAN/Bluetooth Card 
      FakePCIID.kext | Needed for my WLAN/Bluetooth Card 
      FakeSMC.kext | Standard
      IntelMausiEthernet.kext | Ethernet
      Lilu.kext | Standard
      USBInjectAll.kext | To fix all USB Ports
      WhateverGreen.kext | Needed for graphics

If you have success with my little tutorial and EFI Build let me know! Hope you reach the desktop and will be happy!

• By dgsga
      Can I propose a new subforum be created for the new OpenCorePkg OpenCore front end being created by vit9696 and others, it is a fantastic piece of work:
      https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg
      Even at version 0.1 it runs my Mojave 10.14.4 setup very nearly flawlessly. It consists of a 10KB bootstrap BootX64.efi and a 200KB OpenCore.efi OS loader. All configuration is done using a very well documented config.plist 

• By notiflux
      OpenCore Configurator
      A tool for creating and editing OpenCore configuration files. It's still in a very early stage, so if you find bugs, please let me know.

Important note: Always keep a backup of your current config before opening it with this program. This is alpha software, stuff may break! 
      Features
      Auto-add entries for ACPI files in OC/ACPI/Custom Auto-add entries for kexts in OC/Kexts Sort kexts, ACPI files, ACPI patches and Kernel patches Generate SMBIOS with macserial EFI partition mounter Paste ACPI patches in plist format (Clover or OC patches)  Coming soon
      convert clover config.plist into OC format In-app updater (OCC and macserial)  
      Known Bugs
      File > new does not work yet (opens, but crashes on save) Some malformed configs may still cause the program to crash. If that is the case, please upload that config so I can fix the issue Credits
      vit9696 for OpenCore and macserial
      Download-Fritz for OpenCore and for helping me understand the ins and outs of its configuration
      xmari0 for helping me debug various issues
      CorpNewt for motivating me to write this app
      OpenCore Configurator Source

Download:
      OpenCore-Configurator_alpha10.zip