Catalina - Install Success

19 posts in this topic

Tried to install Catalina on my old trusty Optiplex 980 - Upgraded Clover to 4945 and ran the installer and all went without a hitch, everything works with no modification to existing kexts so BT, WiFi and sound all good.

Great job!

1748675713_Screenshot2019-06-09at18_19_11.png.00c6571a2222d1b0fe0d74384d0b9b2e.png

Edited by mickeyd453
  • Like 5

Thanks for reporting. I also tried that version on my iMacPro hack, but unfortunately it says that the installer is not complete. This happens in both cases: if I run the installer directly from the system with 10.14.5 or if I create the install USB. In the latter, the installer boots, I can choose the language, but when I get to the install part, I get that message.

I suspect we need a specific installer for the iMacPro, like previous versions of 10.14. Do you know of any specific release for the iMacPro?

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 9:04 AM, slurpi said:

Thanks for reporting. I also tried that version on my iMacPro hack, but unfortunately it says that the installer is not complete. This happens in both cases: if I run the installer directly from the system with 10.14.5 or if I create the install USB. In the latter, the installer boots, I can choose the language, but when I get to the install part, I get that message.

I suspect we need a specific installer for the iMacPro, like previous versions of 10.14. Do you know of any specific release for the iMacPro?

Thanks.

Not sure where you got the installer from but for my iMac profile I just downloaded directly from software update and all was fine. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 9:07 AM, CobraKai said:

hi !

Install Catalina DP1 on my ZOTAC MI553 with success :)

Works HW Accell, HDMI audio, bluetooth, ethernet, usb 3.1, thunderbolt - I don't know :)Catalina.jpg.8313d74f330efed2aafba6641b7774c6.jpg

Can you share your EFI for me? I have problem with graphics card. It showing 10mb. We have samecard

• 1 month later...

Hiya guys, interesting to see some of you guys upgrading to the beta already.  Just curious what the changes are, have you guys noticed any big differences to make it worth upgrading Mojave at this point??, or is it all still just very similar under the hud?

• 2 months later...
Tried to install Catalina on my old trusty Optiplex 980 - Upgraded Clover to 4945 and ran the installer and all went without a hitch, everything works with no modification to existing kexts so BT, WiFi and sound all good.

Great job!

1748675713_Screenshot2019-06-09at18_19_11.png.00c6571a2222d1b0fe0d74384d0b9b2e.png

Hi@mickeyd453,

What method did you use to get to Catalina?

Was it a straight upgrade from Mojave, and for Mojave install was it standard install or the non supported Mojave install?

Thank you

Great job!

Hi@mickeyd453,

Was it a straight upgrade from Mojave, and for Mojave install was it standard install or the non supported Mojave install?

Thank you

5 hours ago, d620osx said:

Hi@mickeyd453,

Thank you

Hi@mickeyd453,

Thank you

Straight upgrade from the system update. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 1:05 PM, d620osx said:

Thank you, would it be possible to share your clover folder. Also what gt 710 do you have please.

What is the issue you are facing? Rather than coping my clover i may be better to figure out whats wrong with your setup. What part of the install fails for you?

• Like 1

Hi

Just installing it on a machine at the mo. Have ordered a GT 710 so when i get it I will give you a shout. In the mean time what kexts do i need for ethernet please?

Edit: Looks like I need the Mausi kext. Have copied that and will give it another go.

Thank you

11 hours ago, d620osx said:

Hi

Just installing it on a machine at the mo. Have ordered a GT 710 so when i get it I will give you a shout. In the mean time what kexts do i need for ethernet please?

Edit: Looks like I need the Mausi kext. Have copied that and will give it another go.

Thank you

I have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 and it works OOB with no additional kexts required. Ethernet kext depends on the card, i use the stock AppleIntelE1000 ethernet kext on the 980 that has an intel card.

• Like 1

I have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 and it works OOB with no additional kexts required. Ethernet kext depends on the card, i use the stock AppleIntelE1000 ethernet kext on the 980 that has an intel card.

@mickeyd453

Thank you for the pointers. After adding the GT710 I was able to do a clean install of High Sierra, from there upgraded to Catalina.

Sleep works but the power light keep flashing, I presume after a while that should shut down.

What do I need to do to get audio working please? Is it the alc Kext with Lilu?

And for iMessage/FaceTime what is the best tut to follow?

Thank you

@mickeyd453

Thank you for the pointers. After adding the GT710 I was able to do a clean install of High Sierra, from there upgraded to Catalina.

Sleep works but the power light keep flashing, I presume after a while that should shut down.

What do I need to do to get audio working please? Is it the alc Kext with Lilu?

And for iMessage/FaceTime what is the best tut to follow?

Thank you

Morning,

I have now got most things working working including sleep, iMessage, facetime. Only thing to sort out is audio. I already have applealc.kext and lilu.kext under Cover/other.

On my config plist I have Audio inject at 15. Is this correct?

Thank you all on the forum for posting how you have set up your machines. Without these I would have not got this far.

Hi 

I am two messages in my syslog and would be grateful on how I may be able to fix them please. When in sleep I keep getting:

(AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

(AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: P0P1

Wake on ethernet is off, what else do I need to amend please.

I have attached my clover folder.

Thank you

CLOVER.zip

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2019 at 5:35 PM, d620osx said:

Hi 

I am two messages in my syslog and would be grateful on how I may be able to fix them please. When in sleep I keep getting:

(AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

(AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: P0P1

Wake on ethernet is off, what else do I need to amend please.

I have attached my clover folder.

Thank you

CLOVER.zip

An update for anyone having same issues as I with the machine waking at night from sleep every few minutes....

Seems as though my clover drivers folder was incorrect.

I had Clover > drivers with all the drivers in it, by creating drivers64 and drivers64UEFI and making sure I have apfs-64.efi and other drivers in both folders seem to have fixed the issues.