6 posts in this topic

So I FINALLY got my High Sierra thumb drive to boot and once I got to the language selection screen, I noticed I lost all connectivity to my keyboard and mouse.

i tried plugging in both into all of my USB ports (2.0, 3.0, 3.1) to no avail.

i made sure I had the latest USBInject kext and XHCI-Unsupported kext in the Other folder.

i also noticed whilst troubleshooting, the thumb drive will ONLY boot using Verbose and plugged into one of the 2 3.1 ports.

does anyone have ANY suggestions?? I’ve been struggling for a week now on this!!

thanks in advance

-Sin

Build: Asus ROG Strix H370-I, i5 8400, 32Gb ddr 4 2133, 1Tb Samsung EVO 860 ssd

Edited by TheAngryYeti

Advertisement
22 minutes ago, onemanOSX said:

VoodooPs2controller.kext

I don’t have any ps/2 ports on this mobo. Nor is this a laptop. It’s a custom build pc.

-Sin

Edited by TheAngryYeti

5 minutes ago, onemanOSX said:

My bad. I really thought its a laptop lol.

Hv you checked bios settings to enable xhci hand-off?

Yup. USB legacy and hand off are both enabled.

-Sin

Patch port limit for high sierra

hernel & kext patches 

High Sierra 10.13.6:

Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find* [HEX]: 837D880F 0F83A704 0000
Replace* [HEX]: 837D880F 90909090 9090
Comment: USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart
MatchOS: 10.13.6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By h2onions
      Hey all,

First Hackintosh that I think I have completed! I've been working on it on and off for a month, but just grinded it this past weekend. I just have a small QOL issue. I have posted in the r/Hackintosh reddit, but have not gotten a reply to this specific issue, but did for other issues I was having. I also posted at tonymacx86 and was getting replies for other issues I was having, but got banned because I said, "used VM, but didn't work" in my OP I think ...

I followed a PC vanilla guide from r/Hackintosh that I found as I did not have an Apple system. One monitor connected to a GTX 1080, CPU: i7-8700, Coffee Lake. Motherboard is Alienware specific 0VDT73, with chipset Z370.

The issue is every time High Sierra boots up and gets to the login screen, my keyboard and mouse do not work. I only have to reseat both and then they work the whole time until I restart. They are both plugged into USB2.0 ports. I do have Lilu, WhateverGreen, USBInjectAll, and VoodooPS2 installed in my /Library/Extensions folder using #####. Mouse and Keyboard work fine each time I boot to Clover (USB). Any ideas?

Thank you!
      Working: NVIDIA using (One) DisplayPort, USB3.0 (rear), USB-C (rear), USB2.0 (rear), Audio, Ethernet

EDIT: Did some more testing, and it looks like my Keyboard works fine after each reboot, the only issue is that my mouse has to continuously be reseated. Any ideas? Could it just be the mouse?It's an old Inland USB mouse: 337451
    • By STLVNUB
      No sense re-inventing the wheel.

• By Utku
      Hi guys, I have a big problem for VT -x. I tried any things for example: dark=0 or already bios option is virtualization is enable. I don't understand this problem.

Thanks guys!! And yes I have intel Q8400 quad core cpu, motherboard is Asus asus p5g41c-m lx.

• By JRevenge
      Ciao ragazzi,
      alla fine sono riuscito a risolvere il problema che riscontravo qualche mese fa, dopo l'ottima EFI sistemata da @gengik84 e l'ho risolto rimuovendo dart=0 che creava kernel panic e problemi quando la batteria scendeva sotto ad un livello di batteria basso. Adesso il sistema non crea più problemi di kernel panic, ma volevo chiedervi se allo stato attuale secondo voi c'è qualcos'altro da ottimizzare.

Vi allego la EFI.

Grazie anticipatamente.
      CLOVER.zip
    • By TheAngryYeti
      So after a gazillion tries with High Sierra, i gave up and decided to try Mojave. I had nothing to lose, afterall.

I started from scratch. I reformatted my thumb drive. Made it bootable from the Mojave [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Booted with it. Selected my language. It installed a little bit. Rebooted. I Booted from the SSD. Installed a bit more. Rebooted. I Booted from the SSD again and it finished the installation.

I went through the basic setup and got to the desktop. I ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and selected my options and "built" it.

Thinking i was a-ok, i decided to reboot, just to make sure all was well.

After about 1min, i lose display.

I thought i had messed something up in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], so i decided to go back to my mac mini, redo the thumb drive all over again.

I go to boot from the thumb drive and when i get to the language selection screen, i lose all USB usage, so i cant even get in to wipe the SSD and start over. So, Mojave is still on the SSD, but i cant get to it because i lose display.

Im attaching a screenshot of Verbose mode right before i lose display.

I would greatly appreciate any help to get back into it or at least help getting it re-installed!!

-Sin