DaHarry

Intel i9 9900k - Gigabyte Z390 Ultra - VirtualSMC vs. FakeSMC

7 posts in this topic

I have installed Hackintosh on to my System, but the CPU cooler is obviously louder then on Windows.

I am using right now VirtualSMC.kext, but since FakeSMC provides temperature measurement tools, and VirtualSMC not, I asked my self if that might be a hint for my loud cooler?

1. My question, has somebody tried maybe both and even compared them? And is FakeSMC maybe less noisy?

2. Is it enough to just mount EFI partition, and delete the VirtualSMC.kext and put instead FakeSMC.kexts ? Without any fancy kext installation tool or terminal commands, just replace files and restart in enough?

My System:

Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra

CPU: Intel i9 9900k

CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4

GPU: Vega 64

Ram: 2x16GB Corsair 3200

SSD: 1TB Adata M.2

The Tutorial i have used - https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh/blob/master/STEP_BY_STEP.md

Really works like a charm besides, the more noisy cooler, which i bought because it is extra quietly.

I asked first at tonymac's forum, but they deleted the post because I haven't used their tool, really disgustig.. I really hope to never use their tools, and I hope here the information freedom is more respected.

#f. tonyhoremacs

Edited by DaHarry

Advertisement
23 hours ago, DaHarry said:

My question, has somebody tried maybe both and even compared them? And is FakeSMC maybe less noisy?

Tried both. No real difference. Its just up to what you "prefer". I use Fakesmc and extensions on my z390 Aorus Elite and it works flawless. 

I use virtualSMC and its extensions on my Dell 7559 laptop and it works flawless. I notice SMCBatteryManager works better for my laptop than other choices. 

Just personal preference. 

Ok, I realized first now that my graphics card fan is the noisy one.

I swapped virtualSMC with fakeSMC, and run HWMonitor and my CPU Cores are all around 32° but my graphics card is claimed to be 127°.

That is really strange and seems to be even dangerous.

I thought Vega64 would be compatible out of the box?

6 hours ago, DaHarry said:

Ok, I realized first now that my graphics card fan is the noisy one.

I swapped virtualSMC with fakeSMC, and run HWMonitor and my CPU Cores are all around 32° but my graphics card is claimed to be 127°.

That is really strange and seems to be even dangerous.

I thought Vega64 would be compatible out of the box?

I have the same issue, let me know if you figure out, how to fix this. However, I don't think that is the 'real' temperature.

On 2/3/2019 at 4:15 PM, tikizondo94 said:

Tried both. No real difference. Its just up to what you "prefer". I use Fakesmc and extensions on my z390 Aorus Elite and it works flawless. 

I use virtualSMC and its extensions on my Dell 7559 laptop and it works flawless. I notice SMCBatteryManager works better for my laptop than other choices. 

Just personal preference. 

hello corsair mp500 What is the read / write speed of NVME M.2? I have the same model as the read / write speed is very slow.

Ekran Resmi 2019-02-11 22.41.12.png

1 hour ago, lahana1 said:

hello corsair mp500 What is the read / write speed of NVME M.2? I have the same model as the read / write speed is very slow.

Ekran Resmi 2019-02-11 22.41.12.png

Mine seems to be pretty snappy. I did have issues before when i had to many Drives hooked up. It seemed to slow my write speeds down to a solid 200mb sec. Also watch for thermal throttling with NVMe drives. Heat is not there friend. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 3.51.51 PM.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Slice
      Hi all,

I created an installer for my version of FakeSMC with plugins and applications latest revision.

Compatibility from 10.6 up to 10.15.
      Test, please.

Download here: HWSensors.pkg.zip
      See my signature

New project home
      https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/FakeSMC3_with_plugins
      FakeSMC v3.5.3 and plugins

HWMonitorSMC2 at
      https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/HWMonitorSMC2

FakeSMC 3.4.0 revision 751
      HWSensors.pkg-751.zip

New project home is
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/
      where you can download most recent versions.
      Now it is FakeSMC 3.4.1

Explanations about the difference between versions 3 and 6

Revision 32 with explanation at    #220 

FakeSMC is 3.5.0 compatible with High Sierra.
      New plugin VoodooBatterySMC created on the base of VoodooBattery by Superhai but with SMC keys generating to show Battery voltage and amperage. As well it created key BATP needed for right speedstep and FileVault2.
      Other kexts revised.
    • By sl0wtarget
      Whether my updated but old installer, a fresh installer or from the hard drive, this is as far as it gets and I simply can't figure it out. That last line is the end of the boot sequence all the time.

I might have to swap the Z370 back in (only swapped it because I can't get into the BIOS, it only presents a black screen otherwise it was working fine)

Thanks a ton in advance.

EDIT: Reinstalled the Z370 and it boots again. I wish I had a lot more time to figure it out.

• By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Catalina.zip
    • By evilshot
      Добрый день! Работает все, кроме встроенного WiFi/Bluetooth( нет модуля, не могу проверить). Сижу пока на USB Wi-Fi TL-WN722N, в дальнейшем собираюсь покупать модуль от MacBook.
      Железо:
      Процессор i5-9600k Материнская плата ASRock z390 Phantome Gaming 6 Встроенное видео: Intel HD Graphics 630 - ok, аппаратное ускорение работает Дискретное видео: Планируется покупка Встроенная сеть: Intel I219V - ok Встроенная сеть: Dragon RTL8125AG - нет драйвера Встроенный WiFi: - Bстроенный Bluetooth 5.0: - Встроенный звук: Realtek ALC1220 - ok SSD: M2 WD green 128gb Память: 24 Gb DDR4-3000 Full-HD монитор - HDMI - подключен к встроенной видеокарте - ок USB 3.0, 3.1, 3. 1gen2-ok Аппаратный NVRAM - не работает, решается тем, что кловер необходимо ставить с EmuVariableUefi - ок. Много усилий и времени заняла настройка биоса в мат плате. Это того стоило. Конечно же не обошлось без добрых людей, которые помогали в ходе установки, настройки загрузчика и системы. Mojave стоит в качестве основной системы, Windows на виртуалке. Прикрепляю загрузчик, Legacy USB, Backup биоса, версии 4,10.
      Вам остается только, вписать модель iMAC( какая вам больше подойдет, у меня сейчас iMac 19.1) и завести iСервисы (FaceTime,imasseges,и т.д.)
      Желаю удачной установки системы
      Фото настроек биоса 
      https://cloud.mail.ru/public/3xd9/2Xtpm64zq
      OSX.BIN.zip
      EFI.zip
      FixUSBPort_AsRockZ390_PG6.zip
      Mojave10,14,6.BIN.zip
    • By MaLd0n
      ---INSTALLATION TUTORIAL---

---Original Post---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9172

---USB---
      https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/

---CLOVER FOLDER---

CLOVER.zip

--MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming

--PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K

--COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB

--MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)

--GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5

--SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive

--POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W

--WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E

--BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403

--CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

--BruceX--

--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!