RTCMemoryFixup?

LockDown

8 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Is RTCMemoryFixup like clover's AppleRTC KextsToPatch to prevent cmos reset from happening?

There's long explanation on RTCMemoryFixup repo, could be even better than? (#IMHO).

On my case, I need to unpatch (rolling back) system_RTC fix on DSDT, also not currently using "AppleRTC=true" on config.plist - KernelAndKextPatches. That's way, I'm no longer getting this log after using RTCMemoryFixup:

MacBook-Pro:~ badruzeus$ cat /private/var/log/system.log | grep rtc
Jan 26 05:12:35 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu:     rtc @ rtc read failure 1 bytes from 180 E00002C2

Related to CMOS reset? Not really sure. I have multibooting Windows & Linux on another partition; switching between them got no issue #atm, at least my CMOS Battery is not dead. My date & time on BIOS is also well synced with all OSes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ellaosx said:

@lvs1974

Is RTCMemoryFixup like clover's AppleRTC KextsToPatch to prevent cmos reset from happening?

The goal is the same - to avoid of cmos reset, but with RTCMemoryFixup it is possible to use all banks of cmos memory (256 bytes), and simulate writing into some critical bytes (you need to find which ones).

• Like 4

Thanks for this topis! Message :

rtc @ rtc read failure 1 bytes from 180 E00002C2

was somewat annoying. Set "AppleRTC=false" in config and pasted original rtc into my patched DSDT.

Now command

cat /private/var/log/system.log | grep rtc

returns

Spotlight[483]: objc[483]: Class SPShortcutPattern is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Spotlight.framework/Versions/A/Spotlight (0x7fff892b2b28) and /System/Library/CoreServices/Spotlight.app/Contents/MacOS/Spotlight (0x10c00f130). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, hardcorehenry said:

Thanks for this topis! Message :

rtc @ rtc read failure 1 bytes from 180 E00002C2

was somewat annoying. Set "AppleRTC=false" in config and pasted original rtc into my patched DSDT.

Now command

cat /private/var/log/system.log | grep rtc

returns

Spotlight[483]: objc[483]: Class SPShortcutPattern is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Spotlight.framework/Versions/A/Spotlight (0x7fff892b2b28) and /System/Library/CoreServices/Spotlight.app/Contents/MacOS/Spotlight (0x10c00f130). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined

This message has no relation to the RTC problem. ( SPShortcutPattern)

Moreover it is for Apple internal developers.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, Thank you Slice for this information.  

I currently have an old Asus K53E laptop.  I was like most people who instructed to use the RTC fix patch for generating a new DSDT.aml.  However, the timing is always incorrect.  This was about 2016 around the summer months.  BIOS time and Mac OS time are off by 4 to 5 hours ahead.

I have never been able to sleep, hibernate due to this change after El Capitan.  Sierra and above. 

I also used the battery patch from RehabMan as well and has caused issues when backing out these patches.

I am currently running with Mojave 10.14.6 and having issues with timing, causing a lockup -- mouse works

and keyboard but no display interaction.  Froze up.

I tried generating a new DSDT but with the updated MacIASL cannot generate a new one without over. 200 errors.  I do not know much about this. So I just wing it.  It is however causing timing errors.

I was able to use pmset -g everything to capture the AppleRTC not actively working and RTC errors prohibiting smooth function.

Thank you for letting us know about this patch.

pmset rtc issue.rtf

• 2 months later...