AMD Radeon RX 550 not working

23 posts in this topic

Ok, So I have formatted the laptop again to windows and checked with CPU-Z and My Graphic card is actually Radeon 540 4GB not Radeon RX 550. I still don't know how clover is recognizing the GPU as RX 550. Please let me know how to solve it. I'll try to install hackintosh again this evening.

Edited by Ranjith Varatharajan

RX 550, 540 is actually Lexa architecture, not Polaris.   However, the Hades Canyon NUC with Vega graphics has a similar setup but it has HBM2 and it has been somewhat supported/splved.   The fix is in Clover/Devices/Properties using injection.   Set Inject ATi=false, no fake ID just use this Clover configuration for testing.   

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 10.09.15 PM.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/10/2019 at 3:15 AM, Gigamaxx said:

What brand is it?   sapphire?

@RehabMan did get the saphyre pulse to work, the problem is that the metal driver does not pick up the graphics card

Edited by ITzTravelInTime

On 3/11/2019 at 9:42 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

@RehabMan did get the saphyre pulse to work, the problem is that the metal driver does not pick up the graphics card

It picked up mine perfectly with the config.plist as described above (FixDisplay, Fake ID, Inject EDID, LoadVBIOS, RadeonDeInit, InjectATI to the values given) and worked well for a couple of weeks booting perfectly.

Now, for some reason that I don't know, the display port is not recognized. Haven't upgraded anything. Happened from one day to the next.

My card has two display ports, a HDMI and a DVI. I need to manually switch to the HDMI port, then I get a perfect picture.

System boots perfect, but goes blank a little before finishing the boot and won't present an image on the monitor, whatever port is connected. 

If I boot with DVI, I need to manually switch cables to the HDMI port of the card and the display is perfect again. If I boot with HDMI cable connected, I have to manually switch to the DVI port of the card, display gives me a perfect resolution but purple screen. When I switch back to the card's HDMI port again, monitor is having a perfect display (resolution, metal, QE, all well)

Again, it worked really well for some weeks. Had booted right into the correct screen resolution without purple color or need to switch cables.

Anybody an idea ?

1 minute ago, noserider said:

It picked up mine perfectly with the config.plist as described above (FixDisplay, Fake ID, Inject EDID, LoadVBIOS, RadeonDeInit, InjectATI to the values given) and worked well for a couple of weeks booting perfectly.

Now, for some reason that I don't know, the display port is not recognized. Haven't upgraded anything. Happened from one day to the next.

My card has two display ports, a HDMI and a DVI. I need to manually switch to the HDMI port, then I get a perfect picture.

System boots perfect, but goes blank a little before finishing the boot and won't present an image on the monitor, whatever port is connected. 

If I boot with DVI, I need to manually switch cables to the HDMI port of the card and the display is perfect again. If I boot with HDMI cable connected, I have to manually switch to the DVI port of the card, display gives me a perfect resolution but purple screen. When I switch back to the card's HDMI port again, monitor is having a perfect display (resolution, metal, QE, all well)

Again, it worked really well for some weeks. Had booted right into the correct screen resolution without purple color or need to switch cables.

Anybody an idea ?

Have you tried framebuffers like Acre?  Or others, there is a tab in Clover Configurator that should give you some options.  

51 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Have you tried framebuffers like Acre?  Or others, there is a tab in Clover Configurator that should give you some options.  

Have tried the 'Acre' framebuffer and a couple of others (like 'Radeon'). None worked. Actually, when using these framebuffers, I won't get a screen at all, even after switching cables. Boots well, but no screen at all with the framebuffers I had selected so far.

Any hint ?

2 hours ago, noserider said:

Have tried the 'Acre' framebuffer and a couple of others (like 'Radeon'). None worked. Actually, when using these framebuffers, I won't get a screen at all, even after switching cables. Boots well, but no screen at all with the framebuffers I had selected so far.

Any hint ?

WEG sets fame buffer automatically, test without lilu and WEG.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried many ways to get it fixed but the main thing is that nothing had happened and by the post, I can understand the main process of getting it fixed. the Radeon Rx 550 issue has to be fixed. I have gone through outlook 0x8004010f while accessing the module by connecting the email.

Edited by josephkarl
abcd

• 1 month later...

Hi, any progress solving the RX550 issue? I would also like to have my AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB LP to work with Mojave. I also tried the Clover-Mod way, with no success . I am not experienced using DSDT modding, can someone guide me? Thanks//Zztony

• 11 months later...

HI friends,

I leave you with another method that I perform through DDTS, for a Radeon RX550, in my case 4gb in MOJABE, is valid for both GPUs and HDMI audio, simply change the ACPI values in your table. Data to be modified:

PC_youdata

BR_youdata

SL_youdata

There are NO extra settings to be made in CLOVER

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 12.54.40.png

SSDT-DELL-5820-X299-RX550.aml.zip

I hope you enjoy

Edited by kahiser

Hi , i have Rx550 4gb LP with i3 2120, How can put this SSDT in my clover? have i Rename it and put in patch folder?

I've tryed, but it dont' work, i attach my efi folder in this post, Please help me, it's a month that i can't resolve the problem.

Catalina starts, but HDMI don't work immediatelly, it work only after stop and Wake,

but DVI Port Work .

Thank you for support.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:39 AM, kahiser said:

HI friends,

I leave you with another method that I perform through DDTS, for a Radeon RX550, in my case 4gb in MOJABE, is valid for both GPUs and HDMI audio, simply change the ACPI values in your table. Data to be modified:

PC_youdata

BR_youdata

SL_youdata

I hope you enjoy

EFI.zip

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 5:39 AM, kahiser said:

HI friends,

PC_youdata

BR_youdata

SL_youdata

I hope you enjoy

you can explain how i do that?

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2020 at 3:39 PM, kahiser said:

HI friends,

PC_youdata

BR_youdata

SL_youdata

I hope you enjoy

hi can you show setting for this ssd in clover configuration. many thanks.