Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JLMOX

Clover does not show a boot option Mojave update 10.14.02

4 posts in this topic

I think, at this point converting to hfs+ is out of the question, Apple has been pushing the apfs file policy very aggressively, so does anybody solved the missing "Boot macOS from Mojave " (this last word may be different). I have installed the latest clover in HDD and USB, but I can only see 3 Mac Os related tabs but not the one for actually loading the Mojabe mac OS. I updated high sierra to Mojave and everything went fine. My laptop (Dell E6530) booted up normally, Mojave system loaded up, I finished the setup and spent sometime exploring. I updated clover to the latest version and turned of machine. When I restarted, I noticed Clover did not have an option for booting into the system like High sierra had it. I tried adding the apfs.efi or the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi driver to the clover efi folder in the HDD and also tried with a USB clover installation and the result is the same: No boot option for the Mojave OS. I used the recovery option and I was able to explore the partion where the system is located but that´s as far as I could go. Does anybody has an idea of what happened?

No Mojave boot option clover.jpg

Advertisement

I ended up reinstalling high Sierra and updating it again to Mojave. The only thing I noticed was that the first installation was stuck in "encrypting at 55%". I think FileVault was encrypting my drive (after the Mojave update) and something wrong happened ending up in clover not being able to see that drive. Once I finished my second installation and update, I made sure FileVault was turned off. This time everything has worked as expected. Running Mojave 10.14.2. I am using the previous kext from high Sierra for the atheros wifi interface. So far no issues.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By cvad
      View File Bootdisk Utility
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.

Enjoy...

For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.

Anyone who likes the program, please support its Community Score.

Feel free to "Rate File"
      Submitter cvad Submitted 04/28/2013 Category Bootloaders  
    • By ajpadovani
      I am really at my wits end here. I am hoping someone on here with more experience with UEFI and boot loaders might be able to provide insight into an otherwise inexplicable problem I am having with a brand-new system built around the ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS. My gut tells me the problem is somehow related to UEFI settings, Secure boot, or some combination, but I really have no idea if that is the case.

The problem is two-fold. First, my system will only boot to a device (e.g., USB stick) under two conditions: 1) no SATA drive is plugged in or 2) when a specific SSD is plugged in (I'll refer to this as SSD1). I have three other hard drives that otherwise work (I have tested them in another system). None of them have Windows installed, though some do have existing data partitions. One of the three is a brand-new, never-been-used 1TB SSD. If I plug in any of these three other hard drives, the system will reboot immediately after POST. However, if SSD1 is plugged in it will boot to a USB stick - UEFI or Legacy, doesn't matter.

Secondly, if I attempt to create a partition, run a surface test, or install an OS to SSD1, the system immediately reboots. I can format SSD1, change volume sizes, run a surface scan, but only in a live linux environment - if I plug SSD1 into another machine as a secondary data drive (i.e., I boot to my primary boot volume), the other machine will blue screen when loading into Windows. If it is attached to this new machine, it will boot to a USB stick just fine.

I have also enabled Hot Plug, which allows me to access SATA drives that I plug in after boot. If I hot plug the brand-new 1TB SSD during a live linux distro, the drive shows up and I can see its properties. However, if I try to do something like create a partition or run a surface test, the machine will also immediately reboot.

Does anyone have any idea as to what might cause this? The only thing that I can think of that explains both problems is some kind of secure boot-like security feature, but I haven't been able to figure out how to confirm whether that is the case. In 20 years of building computers I have never even heard of anything like this. I am new to EFI systems, however, so I'm quite out of my element - this is the first EFI-based system I've set up.
    • By STLVNUB
      Script file to clone and help build Clover or Opencore repos
      Script will create link to itself in /usr/local/bin/bob
      Script SHOULD fix up any stray bobs you may have.
      Then you only need to type bob. and a parameter
      "a" for ACID repo, official
      "d" for ACID repo DUET build
      "c" for CLOVER
      "e" to erase UDK Folder
      Easier typing bob than.....usual stuff
      YOU WILL NEED TO cmod+x THE SCRIPT
      Enjoy

• By PropoFlexWX4
      After hearing that OpenCore is so much better than Clover, and that it will probably be able to boot Big Sur before Clover does, I decided to take the jump.

Running Catalina 10.15.5 18F101 with OC 0.5.9.

So far I like the result. The OS feels faster, boots faster.
      And absolutely everything works (sleep, network, etc...)

So, that's it? Is there anything else I have to do?
    • By blackosx
      Vector themes for Clover are new and currently still under development. Setting out to re-create my BGM theme to vector I realised there was some learning needed in order to create a theme.svg file for Clover to use. As SVG files are text based, I quickly realised that they could be manipulated from the command line and looking at the Clovy theme I decided to break it down in to parts for creating other themes.

As a result, I've been working on Clover SVG Theme Builder
      https://bitbucket.org/blackosx/cloversvgthemebuilder

Current Version:

Overview
      The idea is to allow a theme designer to work on individual images and not worry about the required overall file structure which Clover expects. The designer can populate a Theme directory with a settings file and individual .svg files and let the script generate a final theme.svg file for using with Clover.

I've created a basic sample theme to help demonstrate the script.
      https://bitbucket.org/blackosx/cloversvgthemebuilder/downloads/Theme.zip

The Theme directory contains Adobe Illustrator and SVG files for each image in the required folder structure for the script.

Using this sample theme, the script will generate this theme from the files.

The idea is these can be used to build new themes and I'm currently using it to build my BGM_SVG theme.

I can imagine far more complicated themes will be generated in the future, but for now I hope this may serve to help kickstart basic vector theme development.

Notes:
      • Clover's SVG theme development is still underway and things are likely to change so this script and it's supporting template file will need to change with Clover.
      • I've only tested this using SVG files saved from Adobe Illustrator using the following settings, for files from other apps may need added support.

• For the script to correctly inject SVG code in to the template, each SVG image must contain a group of elements.
      • Font files are currently not included in the final theme file but this can be an option.
      • In time, maybe other templates can be added which have different layouts??

These are early days, so I'll update this post when necessary.