Problem Booting macOS 10.13 on X99 Motherboard

X99SUser

4 posts in this topic

Hi there, I'm an Italian student who wants to try out Hackintosh. I'm struggling on this odissey since 3 weeks ago and now I decided to ask for your help. My aim is to get macOS High Sierra up and running on my X99 build.

The specs are as follows:

• Intel Core i7 5820K@3.3GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz;
  • MSI X99S SLI Plus;
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4@2133MHz Overclocked to 2400MHz (16GB);
  • DeepCool Assassin II (Cooler);
  • MSI GTX960 2GB OC Edition;
  • SSD Samsung 850EVO 250GB;
  • HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB.

As I said before I was struggling on this machine for 3 weeks with other guys that helped me a lot, but we can't get past the Reloc Block. With the most "successful" attempt we made, I eventually got it to the point you see in photo, after which it reboots in something like 2 or 3 seconds.

In the attatched files you'll find the photo of the point where I was stuck (I apologize for the quality, if you need a more redable photo just ask and I'll take a shot) and the EFI used for that attempt.

Thanks a lot to all of you for your help and support, if you need any additional information about my computer or the EFI Folder that you can't find in this post or its attatched files, don't hesitate to ask me, I'll be happy to answer.

EFI.zip

Stuck.png

11 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I’ll take a look at your files when I can but for now have you tried turning off your over clock?

I dont know much about X99 but you can try this one, backup yours first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X99SUser.zip

In first place, thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate!

On the other hand, the point is that I want the Overclock active because otherwise I wouldn't benefit from using macOS instead of Windows 10. So I would like to boot it with the OC.

I'm going to try now the EFI you sent me with the attatchment and I'll update you soon!

Thank you again :)

Edited by X99SUser

14 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I’ll take a look at your files when I can but for now have you tried turning off your over clock?

I dont know much about X99 but you can try this one, backup yours first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X99SUser.zip

Just tried, it cannot pass the Reloc Block, hanging at "Couldn't allocate runtime area" as shown :(

IMG_20181207_184359.jpg