Can someone help me with Mojave?

Shogun212

80 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2018 at 8:56 AM, SavageAUS said:

Are you all sorted now? Or still need some help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for the late reply. 

Well, the only thing that's left is Bluetooth, everything else works perfectly, even wifi. :) 

Since wifi and bluetooth are all in one unit (not separate), i was wondering if Bluetooth could be fixed in the similar way as wifi did. 

I apologize for the late reply. 

Well, the only thing that's left is Bluetooth, everything else works perfectly, even wifi.  

Since wifi and bluetooth are all in one unit (not separate), i was wondering if Bluetooth could be fixed in the similar way as wifi did. 

What brand is your Bluetooth module?

Asus website says Bluetooth is optional on that model, does it appear in windows?

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

What brand is your Bluetooth module?

Asia website says Bluetooth is optional on that model, does it appear in windows?

I think it's Qualcomm Atheros, not 100% sure though. 

1 minute ago, SavageAUS said:

From what I’ve found you need a kext to enable the firmware

IOath3kfrmwr.kext

Unsure where to get said kext.

Knowing the proper card model will help further.

Is there any way i can check that in Mojave or Windows? I mean what software can show me that info?

3 minutes ago, Shogun212 said:

It's USB Power Problem,, you need to edit info.plist of IOUSBHostFamily.kext according to your SMBIOS. For SkyLake above we can do this with Rename EC0 to EC or H_EC to EC and add USBX device,, but your system is broadwell. Need manually edit IOUSBHostFamily.kext's info.plist

This is yours,,,
image.thumb.png.5df91f06254b491ba18f23003654a7f2.png

It should be like this,
kUSBWakePowerSupply should be 5100 instead 3200
kUSBSleepPowerSupply should be 5100 instead 3200
2122013462_ScreenShot2018-11-23at17_42_34.thumb.png.9549f4baa3d836a865f3239f00edd862.png

13 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

It's USB Power Problem,, you need to edit info.plist of IOUSBHostFamily.kext according to your SMBIOS. For SkyLake above we can do this with Rename EC0 to EC or H_EC to EC and add USBX device,, but your system is broadwell. Need manually edit IOUSBHostFamily.kext's info.plist

This is yours,,,
image.thumb.png.5df91f06254b491ba18f23003654a7f2.png

It should be like this,
kUSBWakePowerSupply should be 5100 instead 3200
kUSBSleepPowerSupply should be 5100 instead 3200
2122013462_ScreenShot2018-11-23at17_42_34.thumb.png.9549f4baa3d836a865f3239f00edd862.png

I'm having trouble finding IOUSBHostFamily.kext's info.plist, also, IOREG editor won't let me change anything. Can you please help me via TeamViewer? :/

10 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Which smbios did you end up going with?

MacBookPro 12,1

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Install this kext with Kext Utility.app and reboot,, then post your IOREG again

IOUSBHostFamily.kext.zip

Okay, i'm a bit worried now... 

My laptop force restarts a few times before it actually goes into the os, and when it does, i get a popup saying that it was restarted because of a problem. Is this normal? 

Filip’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Edited by Shogun212

Okay, i'm a bit worried now... 
My laptop force restarts a few times before it actually goes into the os, and when it does, i get a popup saying that it was restarted because of a problem. Is this normal? 

Filip’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

No it is not normal, follow the link I gave you to create a custom USBPorts.kext BEFORE messing with any system kexts. Restore your original IOUSB*.kext before creating the kext.

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

No it is not normal, follow the link I gave you to create a custom USBPorts.kext BEFORE messing with any system kexts. Restore your original IOUSB*.kext before creating the kext.

Custom USB Port is about USB Port,, not about Power USB. It's different.

It looks you need to read this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Custom USB Port is about USB Port,, not about Power USB. It's different.

It looks you need to read this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

Yes but the Bluetooth should be set to internal (255). And the smbios he is using IS included for USB port power in the IOUSB*.kext it just need to be set to an internal connection. Changing the USB power limit from a laptop spec to desktop spec cannot be a good idea.

P.S I have read the link you posted a long time ago. My Asus (MacBook Pro 11,1) has USB power setup properly and I did not inject currents from a desktop yet Bluetooth works as it should and my iPhone charges.