Can someone help me with Mojave?

Shogun212

80 posts in this topic

I'm currently running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1   

Here's what i need help with: 

1. Wifi (already tried AirPortAtheros40.kext) 

2. Bluetooth  

3. Sleep 

4. Battery percentage 

Note: I can't do DSDT patching, tried it many times, and i failed. That's just beyond my capabilities. 

I really hope someone can help me, i've been busting my head for days. :( 

My RunMe app file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UiINerfHqKFzZYvV9hb0hzdyLqA48rOV/view?usp=sharing   

My specs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d47b7YXOAitKSYvA9Z6Ojv57ThqXzZxJ/view?usp=sharing

17 hours ago, Shogun212 said:

I'm currently running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1   

Here's what i need help with: 

1. Wifi (already tried AirPortAtheros40.kext) 

2. Bluetooth  

3. Sleep 

4. Battery percentage 

Note: I can't do DSDT patching, tried it many times, and i failed. That's just beyond my capabilities. 

I really hope someone can help me, i've been busting my head for days. :( 

My RunMe app file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UiINerfHqKFzZYvV9hb0hzdyLqA48rOV/view?usp=sharing   

My specs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d47b7YXOAitKSYvA9Z6Ojv57ThqXzZxJ/view?usp=sharing

System specs should be in your signature.

I have never seen that many kexts in one folder.

I am not downloading a .rar folder to see system specs

WiFi? Depends on the card, if its intel it will never work. 

Bluetooth? Depends on above.

Sleep? Lid sleep or apple menu sleep?

Battery percentage requires a DSDT patch, the right one depends on make and model of laptop.

You have that many kexts its hard to work out your hardware but your cpu info shows a i5 5200u?

Which makes these kexts not needed: XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, XHCI-300-series-injector.kext, XHCI-x99-injector.kext

WhateverGreen.kext replaces IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Touchpad: Which is it? Pick one, ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

Audio: again pick one method not all. AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext or VoodooHDA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is that needed with clover anymore?

Backlight: Again pick one, AppleBacklightFixup.kext or AppleBacklightInjector.kext

Please find trimmed down kexts attached and modified config.

NOTE: Battery will still not work

Do you use a patched DSDT already?

Kexts.zip

config.plist

@SavageAUS  
Okay, let me fill you in with the specs first so we can work from there. 

Motherboard: Asus X555LJ 

CPU: i5 5200u (Broadwell) 

Ethernet: RTL8168/8111 

Wireless Network Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros 9565 / AR9565 

GPU: Intel HD 5500 

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio 

I meant lid sleep. 
About the patched dsdt, i used only the ones that came with kexts that i downloaded. 

If you need any more info, please let me know. 

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]  

I meant lid sleep. 
About the patched dsdt, i used only the ones that came with kexts that i downloaded. 
First, put all kext to efi/clover/kexts/others. Then run "runme.app". And upload the file.

Don't forget to press F4 at GUI Clover

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

On 11/11/2018 at 11:02 PM, Shogun212 said:

@SavageAUS  

I meant lid sleep. 

Your best bet for WiFi and BT is to get a different card. Like THIS.

Try this clover folder, back up yours to a USB then replace with mine.

Post results.

CLOVER.zip

On 11/19/2018 at 9:05 PM, Shogun212 said:

Still the same, with the addition of transparency effects being gone. 341312812_ScreenShot2018-11-15at2_55_40PM.thumb.png.dc8c4f39bf275c80d4bd350295236d65.png

Sorry for delay.

It's not the same as i can see your battery.

Just missing transparency yeah?

Are you still using my clover folder? 

If so re run the runme.aspp and upload zip.

Edited by SavageAUS

4 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Sorry for delay.

It's not the same as i can see your battery.

Just missing transparency yeah?

Are you still using my clover folder? 

If so re run the runme.aspp and upload zip.

Hey, no problem, i appreciate you taking the time. 

You're right about the battery, it works! 

I used your Clover folder, but it had some issues, so i had to revert back. (I ran the RunMe app before i reverted, no worries) 

Here's what i noticed right off the bat: 

1. Resolution was 1024x768 instead of 1366x768 

2. The amount of vram (3mb instead of 1536) made the os well.. unusable and full of graphical glitches, i couldn't even reply to this thread. 

3. Audio was non existent, now don't quote me on this because i'm not 100% sure, i think that with your previous Clover folder, audio had way more options, i'm talking about HDMI audio, headphone jack, Line in, etc.

4. Same can be said about the Bluetooth as well, at one point it worked, I was successfully able to pair it with my bluetooth speaker. But after i restarted the os, the Bluetooth didn't want to pair anymore. 

Audio jack (3.5mm) and bluetooth are very important to me, because i'm planning on using GarageBand (or even Logic Pro for that matter) with a midi keyboard, so you can see why i would need those audio outputs, because that would be one of my main use cases.

Besides that, i also plan on using my mac for school work, programming, and web development. That's why i would like it to be as stable as possible.

Here's my RunMe app file: 

https://ufile.io/y434q

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 11.35.40 AM 1.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 11.35.01 AM 1.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 11.18.17 AM 1.png

Edited by Shogun212

40 minutes ago, Shogun212 said:

Hey, no problem, i appreciate you taking the time. 

You're right about the battery, it works! 

I used your Clover folder, but it had some issues, so i had to revert back. (I ran the RunMe app before i reverted, no worries) 

Here's what i noticed right off the bat: 

1. Resolution was 1024x768 instead of 1366x768 

2. The amount of vram (3mb instead of 1536) made the os well.. unusable and full of graphical glitches, i couldn't even reply to this thread. 

3. Audio was non existent, now don't quote me on this because i'm not 100% sure, i think that with your previous Clover folder, audio had way more options, i'm talking about HDMI audio, headphone jack, Line in, etc.

4. Same can be said about the Bluetooth as well, at one point it worked, I was successfully able to pair it with my bluetooth speaker. But after i restarted the os, the Bluetooth didn't want to pair anymore. 

Audio jack and bluetooth are very important to me, because i'm planning on using GarageBand (or even Logic Pro for that matter) with a midi keyboard, so you can see why i would need those audio outputs, because that would be one of my main use cases.

Besides that, i also plan on using my mac for school work, programming, and web development. That's why i would like it to be as stable as possible.

Here's my RunMe app file: 

https://ufile.io/y434q

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 11.35.40 AM 1.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 11.35.01 AM 1.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 11.18.17 AM 1.png

What do you mean by this? "I used your Clover folder, but it had some issues, so i had to revert back. (I ran the RunMe app before i reverted, no worries) "

What's issue??

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

What do you mean by this? "I used your Clover folder, but it had some issues, so i had to revert back. (I ran the RunMe app before i reverted, no worries) "

What's issue??

Did you read the whole post? I listed all the issues i had with that Clover folder, you can see it in the screenshots as well. I also posted a link to my RunME app file. 

If you need any more info than the one i mentioned, i'll be more than happy to help. 

32 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Use this,,, remove and delete your CLOVER Folder,, and paste mines.

It's full configuration for your system. Include Fn + Brigntnes button up / down and many things.

Just try and post the result soon

CLOVER.zip

Wow! It's snappy! That's the first thing i noticed. 

Gpu and the battery have been fixed. 

But i have a few questions... 

1. Is it possible to enable more audio options? 

I mean Hdmi audio and 3.5mm jack  

2. Will your Clover folder work with High Sierra? 

3. Can i turn off verbose mode without any issues? 

4. Is there anything i can do about Bluetooth? Because i saw it working few days ago. 

1 minute ago, Shogun212 said:

Wow! It's snappy! That's the first thing i noticed. 

Gpu and the battery have been fixed. 

But i have a few questions... 

1. Is it possible to enable more audio options? 

I mean Hdmi audio and 3.5mm jack  

2. Will your Clover folder work with High Sierra? 

3. Can i turn off verbose mode without any issues? 

4. Is there anything i can do about Bluetooth? Because i saw it working few days ago. 

1. Say thank you first
2. There is no IOREG attachment,, upload the IOREG
3. Open DPCIManage.app and take screenshot and upload here. I want to see your CodecAudio name
4. It will work with High Sierra too
5. Bluetooth is about firmware data,, sometimes need to shutdown and boot, and some case need to boot into windows first then reboot to macOS. The development for Atheros bluetooth is not continue again by developer. You must replace your Wifi Card module if you need best bluetooth and wifi support

7 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

1. Say thank you first
2. There is no IOREG attachment,, upload the IOREG
3. Open DPCIManage.app and take screenshot and upload here. I want to see your CodecAudio name
4. It will work with High Sierra too
5. Bluetooth is about firmware data,, sometimes need to shutdown and boot, and some case need to boot into windows first then reboot to macOS. The development for Atheros bluetooth is not continue again by developer. You must replace your Wifi Card module if you need best bluetooth and wifi support

Sorry about that. :blush: 

I would like to thank @Andres ZeroCross and @SavageAUS , i really couldn't have done it without you guys, again, thank you so so much! 

I attached all the files you need. :) Hope everything's fine. 

Filip’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 2.35.44 PM.png

11 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

What do you mean by still same????

Sorry about that! My mistake. I thought that it would list all of the available outputs, so i could switch between them. That's not the case,  just plugged in my headphones and it works! Thank you so much. :hyper:

I check your IOREG, i saw rehabman ACPIBatterymanager.kext. Why did you still use this. I already said to remove 3rd party kext from System/Library/Extensions or Library/Extensions

Open terminal and type "sudo kextcache -i /"

And paste the output of terminal here. I am waiting

9 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I check your IOREG, i saw rehabman ACPIBatterymanager.kext. Why did you still use this. I already said to remove 3rd party kext from System/Library/Extensions or Library/Extensions

Open terminal and type "sudo kextcache -i /"

And paste the output of terminal here. I am waiting

I've deleted it now. To be honest, not really sure which kexts i can safely remove from there. 

About the terminal, i'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong. I know i need to point it to the right direction, but where? 

You can see it in the screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 3.37.24 PM.png

1 minute ago, Shogun212 said:

I've deleted it now. To be honest, not really sure which kexts i can safely remove from there. 

About the terminal, i'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong. I know i need to point it to the right direction, but where? 

You can see it in the screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 3.37.24 PM.png

Wrong command, it should be like below.

Check your command again...
image.thumb.png.5cd3de2647ddceb707d53aa81b4b34bd.png