Mojave On GT 610 ? And other Fermi card

m1g2

50 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2018 at 9:49 AM, Badruzeus said:

Nice, could you attach "CodeDisplay" binary from 10.13.4 plz? Thanks.

Do We Need To InjectNvidia In Clover ??? 

My Specs  - 

Dell Inspiron 660S

i5 33330s Running At 3.12Ghz.

8Gb DDR3 Ram Modules {Dual Sticks - Corsair Vengeance At 2100Mhz}

Two Hard Drives And One SSD.

Zotac GT610 2Gb DDR3 Synergy Edition

macOS 10.12.5 - Sierra - HDD1

macOS 10.11.6 - El Capitan -HDD2

macOS 10.14 Beta 11 - Mojave -SSD

6 hours ago, Allan said:

Please use our "Search" button - You'll find it at the right top of the page. ;)

Allan, It Is A Developer Preview On Which M1G2 Was Able To Get The Gt610 Working But The Things Are Not The Same Anymore. Mojave Has Been Officially Announced By Apple And The GT610 Doesn't Work In That Anymore. Although Thank You For Your Answer.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:35 AM, Bibhudatt said:

I update 10.14.1 worked with same patched (kext and CoreDisplay)

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 10.18.14 PM.png

• Like 1

Hi, you need the attached kext in System / Library / Extension and you need to replace the binary coredisplay in System / Library / Frameworks / CoreDisplay.frameworks / Versions / A /
smbios imac 14.2 and clover 4674 if you do not see the mouse pointer you need mouse locator

CoreDisplay.zip

GeForce-GF100-Series.kext.zip

Edited by m1g2

The Nvidia Fermi doesn't support PCIe 3.0 protocol so why it will not fully working in 10.13+ systems.

You have to stay with 10.11.6 (not sure about 10.12) or change graphics card.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

for some reason using the kext and the displaycore i get crash in verbose. Removed the kext and replaced the coredisplay with the original....nothing. Had to reinstall mojave and now im trying other methods... going to give up on the quadro 600 (gf108) card. In Sierra the bad boy is showing up perfect with the nvidiagraphicfix kext and inject nvidia selected. But in mojave I get full resolution but no acceleration. Lags on 1080p youtube. A shame. I try rolling back the kext from my working 10.12.6 install but i get stuck on verbose at random instances... oh well lol. If anyone has any ideas id appreciate it. I never tried the card on high sierra. The one time i did i got all sorts of glitches.... but with full resolution using the same method as Sierra. Moved on and then tried the Mojave and i actually got a stable desktop but with no open gl support. So sluggish on things

Hi everyone.

I just upgraded my Hack (named iMack in my signature) from Sierra to Mojave and my GTX570 (GF110) doesn't work. It's OK but seems that Metal isn't fully supported and screen is always blinking.

I have tried your GeForce-GF100-Series.kext with or without your CoreDisplay in S/L/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/A/ with no result.

When I boot without the GeForce-GF100-Series kext, it's OK but screen always blink.

If I try to boot with your kext, it stops on opening the session : I have the rotating circle, this one we can see on shut down or just a black screen with mouse pointer when using your CoreDisplay.

I took a screenshot with CoreDisplay and GeForce kext in verbose mode. Here is what I see when boot stops :

24102018830.thumb.jpg.a75342802d36101205740393eacbc5a5.jpg

Hope you could help me. Thanks so much for your work.

Edited by anard

1 hour ago, anard said:

Hi everyone.

I just upgraded my Hack from Sierra to Mojave and my GTX570 (GF110) doesn't work. It's OK but seems that Metal isn't fully supported and screen is always blinking.

I have tried your GeForce-GF100-Series.kext with or without your CoreDisplay in S/L/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/A/ with no result.

When I boot without the GeForce-GF100-Series kext, it's OK but screen always blink.

If I try to boot with your kext, it stops on opening the session : I have the rotating circle, this one we can see on shut down or just a black screen with mouse pointer when using your CoreDisplay.

I took a screenshot with CoreDisplay and GeForce kext in verbose mode. Here is what I see when boot stops :

24102018830.thumb.jpg.a75342802d36101205740393eacbc5a5.jpg

Hope you could help me. Thanks so much for your work.

I have the same issue. How can I solve this issue ? (Question asked to the OP of this thread and to those people who got their cards working. Any help would be appreciated.)

There's a missing crucial point here already pointed out by one of the Mods, the working method and shared kexts/Coredisplay framework should theoretically work under 10.14 Beta (18A293u) as shown in the opening post, not the following version as i personally tested, the only version which i got full acceleration under and normal resolution is 10.14 Beta (18A293u), the final release had no acceleration incl with HS Web drivers. I wouldn't hold my breath for a web drivers fix, i think its obvious that GT 610 is an old outdated card and its not ideal to run Mojave that's why it was dropped after the first public beta by Apple.

If you insist to run Mojave with this card you can download 10.14 Beta (18A293u) and stick to it or buy a new card. My GT 610 is natively supported on the first beta, everything works fine, no stuttering whatsoever just one issue with the mouse cursor not showing up, you can solve this by changing your mouse cursor size under accessibility settings (shake the mouse rapidly to locate the cursor) in order to resize it, and then download mouse scape app and download a third party small/tiny arrow to replace the OS cursor with. 

Edited by a59

@a59

I don't think so.

1. 610 is Fermi card which was not working under 10.13 nor in 10.14 even if very beta. Support was dropped years ago.

2. Users reported success in 10.14.1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well ive Kepler based gt 710 card.

Issues:

Black Screen when booting with default drivers or nvda_drv=1 mode

OR

White/Grey Screen with 1 sec mouse movement then freezed keyboard and mouse with nv_disable=1.

Tested:

tried numerous ways to boot Mojave but does not works such as >

High Sierra/Sierra default Apple geforce nvda kexts, High Sierra Web Drivers, various clover configs, display edids, HDMI dvi port tests... so on.

Specs:

Tri Boot Setup:

Windows 10, Sierra(gt 710 works OOB, or with Web Drivers too), Mojave.

ASUS P5G41TM LX

Core2Duo E8500

Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GT 710 2GB

• 5 years later...

@Slice @nmanofor me,it is a nice day,i got full support with Metal on Mojave 10.14.4 by a Fermi card.i just bought a GTX460 replaced the GTX550 Ti(very very cheap in China now,RMB43 yuan),after reading your topic many times,also had tested many timesfullmetal10_14.4.thumb.png.a3948e5d99595d1ea1a38045dc979683.pngPRMetalon10_14.4withGTX460.thumb.png.afbc8d2594f31fa8911c02e37b8e1169.png

• Like 1