[Solved] HighSierra 10.13.6 shutdown and other issues

Arrichettu

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,
can you guys help me with some issues of my new hackintosh?
I'm running MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6 in my computer (Asus Prime H270-Plus, i5 7400, GTX 1050ti) and i have some issues;
1-ShutDown doesn't work (black screen with a spinning circle and it doesn't shut down). Same thing with sleep
2-System definition is iMac (Retina 5K, 27inch, late 2015), but it must be late 2017 (kaby-lake cpu)
3-Got an issue with my new mouse (logitech mx master 2s): for some reasons i can't use custom keys (keystroke). I've searched on the internet and i figure out that it may be some app-conflict
4-My TP-Link TL-WN881ND v2 isn't working. I tried to configure out but it seems not working. Now i'm using an ASUS USB-N13 and it working, but i've spent 16 euros for this card and i want it to work (without kernel panics)

5-I noticed that the cpu-fan runs in a strange way. It it runs steadily, but sometimes the speed increases slightly. Do i need to install cpu-sensor.kext?

Everything else is working like a charm and i'm very proud of my 3-weeks spent to make it work.

For future upgrade (like new ssd or nwme, because i'm running on an 120gb Sandisk SSD), have i only to paste the actual EFI folder in to my new bootable USB?

Anybody can help me? Here is my config.plist

config.plist

Schermata 2018-09-28 alle 17.39.09 PM.png

Edited by Arrichettu

From the rules:

Discussion of commercial spin-offs of the OSx86 scene is allowed if it’s to understand their existence, but no discussion of how to use them, nor any support for these commercial spin-offs are allowed as they are not in the spirit of the OSx86 scene. Example of commercial spin-off: tonymacx86.

Please, remove sponsored links with tony's tag.

Attach Clover folder + ioreg.

10 minutes ago, foskvs said:

Please, remove sponsored links with tony's tag.

Sorry for that.

10 minutes ago, foskvs said:

Attach Clover folder + ioreg.

i can't upload the efi folder and the ioreg (max total size 10MB). How can i do that?

TP-Link TL-WN881ND v2 uses Realtek RTL8192EE Chipset (10EC-818B). Not supported under macOS. Replace it with a Broadcom combo module like BCM94360CD (i use it in my desktop) or BCM943602CS (WiFi ac + BT 4) or with an Atheros wifi card like WDN4800 (WiFi n, no BT).

Keep in mind that Apple dropped support for Atheros chipsets in macOS Mojave.

9 hours ago, Arrichettu said:

What about the other issues?

System Definition: no SMBIOS set in config.plist

Clover will inject what it thinks is correct (but in this case it is not correct). Every guide should tell you to set up the SMBIOS correctly, probably the guide you followed was badly written.

Mouse: no idea.

CPU fan: it should work without sensors, as it is managed by the os.

Shutdown: you alreadey have patches for shutdown in config.plist. Do you need them?

Thanks foskvs for the answer. 

2 hours ago, foskvs said:

Clover will inject what it thinks is correct

that's what I thought

2 hours ago, foskvs said:

Shutdown: you alreadey have patches for shutdown in config.plist. Do you need them?

I know i already have patches for shutdown. But for some reasons it won't shutdown. That's my primary problem with this computer. I tried to uninstall the programs that could cause this, but without success.

I tried to use the verbose mode and i think there is something wrong.

Is that normal?

IMG_1447.thumb.jpg.c3f3a7e5f6df1784e751e49c0822022d.jpg

47 minutes ago, Arrichettu said:

that's what I thought

Clover isn't smart enough. Use Clover Configurator instead. iMac18,2 SMBIOS

The generated serial number should NOT be registered in check coverage. If it is, generate another serial.

49 minutes ago, Arrichettu said:

I know i already have patches for shutdown. But for some reasons it won't shutdown. That's my primary problem with this computer. I tried to uninstall the programs that could cause this, but without success.

I tried to use the verbose mode and i think there is something wrong.

Is that normal?

Try without those patches. Ideally, confi.plist Acpi/Fixes should be unchecked. Use only the fixes you really need if you know what they do. If you boot in verbose mode, the pc will shutdown in verbose mode too.

It is not a problem with some patches or fixes. The problem is the driver i used for my wifi dongle (ASUS USB N-13). I tried to use time machine and i reset the computer to a previous version (same 10.13.6 but 7 days ago). And it was able to shutdown. Then i installed Logitech Option (for my logitech mx master 2s). No problem. Then i installed the driver for that dongle and no shutdown.

I saw that some users had some problems with "avira (antivirus)" that gave him problems with shutdown. In mine case was that software. I hope this can help someone.

EDIT: Now i'm using an USB Adapter (TP-Link TL-WN823N). I simply installed the driver from the official site and it works. I'm getting full download speed (almost 12Mbps)

Edited by Arrichettu